French FAA Pilot to Canada

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

farfale
Rank 0
Rank 0

French FAA Pilot to Canada

Post by farfale »

Hello everyone,

I'm new on that forum and I'm going first to introduce my self quickly. :rolleyes:

I'm a 21 years old French Flight Instructor in the USA. I have an FAA CPL/IR Single-Engine Flight Instrument Instructor Certificate with about 400 hours right now (to those who think that I'm just a little kid thinking of making hours and not caring about my students, you're wrong :P ). I'm hoping to get my Multi-Engine in the near future. I also have an Associate Degree in "Aviation Flight Technology".
As of right now, I can work in the U.S. only until February 2020 but I have the ability to get a work visa here. Nevertheless, I'm also looking at other places like Canada and I have to say that I don't really know this market and I'm trying to get info here and there. :)

I made a couple of searches and I noticed that the conversion process from FAA to TC is pretty easy, apparently just a matter of a few written test and paperwork.

One of my friends applied for the PVT in Canada and he got accepted pretty easily so from what I heard, getting a work easy doesn't look very difficult for French speakers. Is that a realistic thought? Do Canadian airline sponsor foreigners?

Would Jazz hire people in my situation? If yes, would they do it with less than 1000 hours?
So far, I've been really interested in SkyRegional and their ERJ175s but it looks like they want people with more experience than I have, correct me if I'm wrong.
My ultimate goal would be to start on a jet, and I don't have any preference in terms of bases as I don't have kids and a family to think about yet.
Any other airline I should think of?

Any other thoughts or advice about my situation would be highly appreciated :smt008

Thanks a lot for your future help
Cyrus
---------- ADS -----------

radarbeam
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: French FAA Pilot to Canada

Post by radarbeam »

Wages in Canada are equivalent to those of a third-world country when you compare them to the US. Do yourself and your bank account a favor, build your 1500 hours in the US and then get on with a US regional.

If that means hooking up with an American sugar-mama then so be it, You won't look back.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”