Gas guzzling trudeau plane

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Gas guzzling trudeau plane

Post by boeingboy »

I'd like to know for all you Brainiac's - just where he's going to get another 800 from???

He's using a 200 because they broke the other 800.....it's not like there are a pile of NG's laying around with nothing to do. Even the airlines are short leasing 200's and even widebody Airbuses due to the shortage caused by the Max groundings.

They are politicians.....they have a job to do.....they will stop flying planes everyday in about a week or two. Really - it's not that big a deal.
---------- ADS -----------

GoinVertical
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GoinVertical »

I think the real question is "Does he need to be hauling around that much stuff with him?".

Really, what does he have in that thing? What is the need? Who has that many people and that much shit that they need more than one 737 to travel around the country for a few weeks?

Bet Nolinor is getting a good deal out of it though.

B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

flyguy73 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:08 pm
B208 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm
flyguy73 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 am Using two planes does not make Trudeau a hypocrite.
Yes it does. He has told the rest of us that we must reduce our carbon footprint, and yet he makes no effort to do the same. That is hypocrisy.
Maybe he would have normally used three planes? So he did reduce his footprint. This is not hypocrisy. Again, you don’t understand what it means.
I believe it was Lenin who coined a term for people like you.....

Aviatard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Aviatard »

B208 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:21 pm I believe it was Lenin who coined a term for people like you.....
That's only a burn if people know what you're talking about.

TailwheelPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TailwheelPilot »

If they really cared about reducing greenhouse gas emissions they would sit in Ottawa or at home and do their entire campaign online or by phone. Come to think of it, they should sit in their home (in their ridings) to conduct their entire job by teleconference and reduce emissions from trips back and forth to Ottawa and the unnecessary costs of having a residence and office in Ottawa and an office in their riding, plus reduce their emissions from driving to work every day.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Utilmate in hypocrisy.

Burn untold amounts of emissions to fly his fleet to the Arctic where practically no one lives, to proclaim ones leadership as a climate change fighter.

Almost as bad as proclaiming one as a champion of diversity, while firing his aboriginal justice minister and dancing with blackface on a regular basis.

I don't get you liberal voters. This is their core culture.

GBB
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GBB »

Can anyone explain what a carbon credit is or where the actual funds go?
I have been responsible for setting up the ETS (European Emissions Trading Scheme) for 2 private flight departments. The term scheme is very appropriate as it is a tax grab with no tangible evidence of improving carbon emissions, or the environment.
Dealing with 3 EU countries environmental agencies who were responsible for ETS and yet they had a very limited idea of aviation and more so General Aviation brought my attitude to where it is.
$20,000USD to be complaint (accounts, verification, auditors etc.) to pay under $100.00EU in actual carbon tax.
In my somewhat experienced opinion this just another attempt to purchase votes from the (uninformed) public to satisfy the latest special interest group.
My rant is over and my position on this will not be reversed without a large amount of evidence tom the contrary.

Cheers
GBB

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

My rant is over and my position on this will not be reversed without a large amount of evidence tom the contrary.
If you say the same thing over and over again and loud enough, the people will TOTALLY believe you !
If you are given enough "assistance" $ to help you change your mind, You would !! :lol:

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

rookiepilot wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:03 am Utilmate in hypocrisy.

Burn untold amounts of emissions to fly his fleet to the Arctic where practically no one lives, to proclaim ones leadership as a climate change fighter.

Almost as bad as proclaiming one as a champion of diversity, while firing his aboriginal justice minister and dancing with blackface on a regular basis.

And I’m sure that you’re a conservative because they’ve consistently shown fiscal responsibility.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

LMFAO!!!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Zaibatsu wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:59 pm
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:03 am Utilmate in hypocrisy.

And I’m sure that you’re a conservative because they’ve consistently shown fiscal responsibility.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

LMFAO!!!
I am small C conservative. The C has shrunk over the years.

I disagree with Trump's tax cuts. Poor timing. I'm not a Trump fan. I think he might contribute to blowing up the US economy with his deficits, although that's many years in the making and no one president's.

I'm not a massive Andrew Sheer fan....he's a bit weak sounding to me --- but I respect he also alluded to the fact tough times are coming and the budget needs to be kept under control. That's not a popular message. Everyone wants a free credit card.

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

I'm not a massive Andrew Sheer fan....he's a bit weak sounding to me ---
On this I'll agree with you. Unfortunately I'm predicting another Liberal government, the only change will be possibly a minority one. While a lot of Conservative voters hate Trudeau, I've yet to meet any that are fans of Sheer. Like the last election, I think its the Conservatives election to lose as opposed to the Liberal's one to win. The only good thing I think that maybe came out of the debates, was seeing what a nut Bernier was so at least the vote in the west won't be split with the PPC.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

Aviatard wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:49 am
B208 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:21 pm I believe it was Lenin who coined a term for people like you.....
The fact that they don't get the reference is, in and of itself, a burn.

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

B208 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:10 am
Aviatard wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:49 am
The fact that they don't get the reference is, in and of itself, a burn.
I can only infer, by tone, that you are referring to the term "useful idiot", however inapplicable this might be. The fact that you mistakenly attributed this to Lenin only shows who the actual idiot actually is.

Ending a discussion by name calling only serves to make you look immature and unintelligent. Think more carefully, use actual referenced quotes to substantiate your points and get back to me. Until then, please enjoy your Liberal government.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

So Trudeau takes his kids and his entourage to up Iqaluit on the Nolinor 737-200 to spend a day telling the people of the north how he is the best choice to protect the environment. Let's see... Ottawa return on the -200 burns about 19,000 litres of jet fuel. What a climate hero!!!

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

From Al Gore right down to a green party trencher, its do as I say NOT do as I do ALL are hypocrites !

dashx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by dashx »

Well then lets not forget Delta MD80's still flying in and out of YYZ on a daily basis. How is the carbon print on that? What about Fed EX with the their MD 11's? Extra engine extra carbon.....Antonovs carrying cargo into YYZ. Ill bet the Russians don't care....

But please do go on grind more water....

Go Justin !!! Keep burning Party money...keep aviation going...

Return to “General Comments”