Air Canada and SFO - Part III

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Air Canada and SFO - Part III

Post by bcflyer »

AOW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:37 pm
Eric Janson wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:13 pm For my own curiosity - does Air Canada operate the RMPs with SEL light On or OFF?

I've always flown with SEL light OFF - my company has recently changed to SEL light ON - going to cause some problems imho.
SEL light OFF is SOP. FO reaches around the thrust levers to operate the Capt’s RMP to tune VHF1/HF1.
GoinVertical wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:15 pm Anyone familiar with SOP's on the 320 at AC? Is there a something to use as a memory aid for landing clearance? Taxi light or something else?
Yes. T/O light ON when landing clearance received. (Runway turn off light ON when approach clearance received)(ironically, Landing lights ON when takeoff clearance received. So Ldg light means cleared for takeoff, T/O light means cleared to land!)
Just about everyone uses the above system but to clarify it’s not actually in the 320 SOP’s. More along the lines of an airmanship thing something passed down from Captains or trainers.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “General Comments”