Carson Air 2019

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Mariokart
Rank 0
Rank 0

Carson Air 2019

Post by Mariokart »

Hi all,
Just curious if anyone can provide up to date information on Carson Air. I know there has been a lot of chatter in the past, but it all seems rather outdated now. I am looking for a decent work/life schedule. Last I heard Carson has 4/4 rotations. 12hr day shifts out of YLW. I have 5000tt, 2000 jet pic. Does anyone know where their 560’s are based? Approx pay for that or a 350? Company morale? Any other helpful inputs? Not looking to rack up hours and move on.

Thx.
---------- ADS -----------

Phlyer
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Carson Air 2019

Post by Phlyer »

I believe the Citations are based in YVR.
I was offered dec there some years back - it was 70k at the time. Not sure if that has changed. Your info on YLW is correct but it is just 350s. The really ridiculous thing about that place is the bond - it is structured so that you are on the hook for initial and recurrent. There was a copy floating around here a while back that you could probably find with some searching.
Hope that helps.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I followed them for a while because living in YLW 4/4 could be a pretty good job, in the past 2 years they've only advertised for FO's, It seems that the captains they have are sticking it out, or if they have hired from the outside it's been done without the need to put up job ads. Just by the nature of living in YVR, and how close you'd have to live to be able to meet dispatch times from home, I think lifestyle wouldn't be anywhere near as good. I think it's more of a get jet PIC and move on, once the bond is up, kind of job.

That Anderson Air job, posted recently sounds a lot more like one for you, with your time.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

YLW is a sunset spot with only 350s. Days only. 5/3 with one day of reserve so basically 4/4. Captains are there for good and I believe there’s an FO been camped out for 3 years waiting for an upgrade.

YVR always looking for pilots because while it’s 4/4 it’s nights too going to some shit hole at o dark thirty based in Vancouver for not Vancouver wages.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Mariokart
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mariokart »

Thanks for the replies.

Return to “General Comments”