Bose ProFlight Series 2 or A20?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Bose ProFlight Series 2 or A20?

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

I will transition into a 737NG and want to buy a new headset. I’m leaning on the fence for both, and I am familiar with the A20 but I’ve never seen anyone with a ProFlight. Which headset is more appropriate and durable, preferred and why. Any reviews on the ProFlight vs A20 in the cockpit would be appreciated. Good or bad, I’d like to know the pros and cons for my purchase-thanks!
---------- ADS -----------

WeatherMaster
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Bose ProFlight Series 2 or A20?

Post by WeatherMaster »

I have never used one in flight but the YYZ pilot shop has one you can demo hooked up to a sound environment for a PC12 and I think the other was a Boeing. I did not like them because the earbuds fit very poorly and kept falling out of my ears. Now they do have different size buds but the ones on demo did not fit me. Apparently the day I tried them the shop owner told me that there was a new model coming out in a week or two and this was maybe a month back. I think if they offered custom-fit earbuds that molded to your particular ear shape, they may work better, but for me, I will stick with my A20.

turbo-prop
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by turbo-prop »

Or get a Bose QC25 or 35 and the uflymike. That way when you are commuting you can plug into the back and only have to carry one headset.

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

turbo-prop wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm Or get a Bose QC25 or 35 and the uflymike. That way when you are commuting you can plug into the back and only have to carry one headset.
This is an interesting setup, is it TC approved? I’m also looking into it and trade my A20 for this.
What about the battery? Do you need to charge every night?

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

turbo-prop wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:29 pm Or get a Bose QC25 or 35 and the uflymike. That way when you are commuting you can plug into the back and only have to carry one headset.

You can plug any aviation headset in the back, with an adapter.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Gannet167
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Gannet167 »

Avee makes a nice adaptor for Bose QC 25 and 35, as well as the (much better) Sony noise cancelling headset.

By the time you buy the headset and the kit, it's close to $1k Cnd for uflymike or Avee.

The David Clark DC Pro-X2 is another worth looking at. Some find it more comfortable, ANR works well for NG and 320 cockpit noise, easier to wear glasses with.

Flyboy19803
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Flyboy19803 »

So get this. I bought both to try out. A20 Northbound and proflight southbound. First time using Bose in my career. A20 was nice and easy to use. The Proflight was uneasy to put on and adjust to your head. But once the ear buds were in place and you found the sweet spot on your head, it sure is a nice piece of equipment. I was won over by the Proflight. Plus it has quite, really quiet, and super quiet setting for ANR.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

I appreciate all the feedback-I think I’m going to go with the A20 as it is a commonly used headset and easy to use. The ProFlight would seem iffy with the earbuds and my ears never fully liked them and had trouble wearing the simplest head buds from Apple so A20 it is.

Return to “General Comments”