RAIC Passes

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

403hermit
Rank 0
Rank 0

RAIC Passes

Post by 403hermit »

Hey all -

I'm a flight paramedic looking to work for two different aeromedical companies at two different airports. Anyone know of a way to do this? The pass offices suggest I can only hold one RAIC at a time and as they are different companies, a CANADA pass won't work either! Ideas?
---------- ADS -----------

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Re: RAIC Passes

Post by ahramin »

You will need a multi employer pass but I have only seen those for ground staff working at a single airport. Speak to both your employers and ask the pass office at both airports what they suggest.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

403hermit wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:46 am Hey all -

I'm a flight paramedic looking to work for two different aeromedical companies at two different airports. Anyone know of a way to do this? The pass offices suggest I can only hold one RAIC at a time and as they are different companies, a CANADA pass won't work either! Ideas?
Why would a CANADA pass not work?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

ahramin wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:08 am You will need a multi employer pass but I have only seen those for ground staff working at a single airport. Speak to both your employers and ask the pass office at both airports what they suggest.
I've seen them for contract pilots, but they were both companies at the same airport (YYC). A RAIC is a RAIC, I don't see why they have to say the companie's name on them. If that's the issue, then get one company on the RAIc, and get the other company to provide picture ID that shows you work there. If you have a need, and a right to be there, and can prove that you should be G2G.

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Scuderia »

I have never seen one, but theoretically you require a multi-employer CANADA RAIC.

SpeedChecks
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SpeedChecks »

whats the difference between a CANADA PASS vs Aircrew Pass?

are they essentially the same?

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Scuderia »

SpeedChecks wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:18 am whats the difference between a CANADA PASS vs Aircrew Pass?

are they essentially the same?
Apples and oranges, it can be both at the same time. A CANADA RAIC is for multiple airports (but still issued by a single airport). An Air Crew RAIC simply designates a RAIC holder as Air Crew.

FixinPlanes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FixinPlanes »

Multi Employer Canada Pass does indeed exist. Looks like a Canada Pass, says " multi-employer" across the bottom.

Return to “General Comments”