MyIDTravel (Changes?, Cancellations?, Refunds?)

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

TyMac17
Rank 0
Rank 0

MyIDTravel (Changes?, Cancellations?, Refunds?)

Post by TyMac17 »

Need Some MyIDTravel Help!

I am just curious if anyone knows how to make changes, cancellations, or refunds through MyIDTravel. Each time I put in my PNR/Ticket #, the option to "Re-book All", "Re-book" & "Cancel" are grayed out, and I am not able to make any changes. The message "The associated booking reference needs to be cancelled before you can refund or book/list" shows up in the "Please Note" section at the top. Does this mean the booking reference needs to be cancelled by calling Air Canada customer service directly? Or is there an employee support number for commuters? In my "ID Agreements" there is no phone number, and only lists an email for refunds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
---------- ADS -----------

straight2thepoint
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: MyIDTravel (Changes?, Cancellations?, Refunds?)

Post by straight2thepoint »

What browser are you using? That could be the culprit. If you pulled up the reservation with both the PNR and ticket #, then the browser is my guess

tps8903
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tps8903 »

TyMac17 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:59 am Need Some MyIDTravel Help!

I am just curious if anyone knows how to make changes, cancellations, or refunds through MyIDTravel. Each time I put in my PNR/Ticket #, the option to "Re-book All", "Re-book" & "Cancel" are grayed out, and I am not able to make any changes. The message "The associated booking reference needs to be cancelled before you can refund or book/list" shows up in the "Please Note" section at the top. Does this mean the booking reference needs to be cancelled by calling Air Canada customer service directly? Or is there an employee support number for commuters? In my "ID Agreements" there is no phone number, and only lists an email for refunds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!
I found that AC's ID travel portal is not working properly. Maybe other too. I wasn't able to change my flight. I made a second booking instead. About a week after the flight I didn't take I was then able to recover the PNR and do a refund the old fashion way.

Hope that helps.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

There’s a few quirks on the new AC reservation systems which affects MyID bookings, you might have noticed that sometimes you’re sharing a reservation number with another commuter on the same flight, cancellations and refunds are also glitchy ... there’s also another hidden glitch that’s quite nice and I wonder how long it’ll take for IT to fix it.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
TyMac17
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TyMac17 »

Thanks for the info and tips guys!

I tried multiple different browsers and no joy. I'll have to wait it out a little bit and try again. Otherwise I guess I'm SOL, luckily only around $60.00.

Thanks!

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

I have encountered the same problem. Let me know if you can get a refund in a couple days.

Thanks.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

• Go to the FLIGHT LIST.
  • Click the PNR to cancel.
  • Go back to the FLIGHT LIST.
  • Click on the e-ticket number.
  • Request refund.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Whenever I've tried to get a refund they say that I need to contact my airline's administrator to have them get my refund. Not sure my employer admin wants that headache. So far I've just eaten the $6 fee a few times but now that AC is charging the AIF like WS does it could get expensive.

Return to “General Comments”