Corona Virus

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyer 1492
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Corona Virus

Post by flyer 1492 »

10,000,00 die each year in China.
---------- ADS -----------

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

mixturerich wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:19 pm
Was just about to post this. They’ve delivered twice as many urns so far than that claimed death toll, and on the current delivery schedule it will be 40 000 delivered urns in 10 days. The Chinese are clearly hiding their real number. But so long as the borders are closed, it’s really their own problem.
A city of 11 million will have 400 a day going thru the funeral homes in normal circumstances. They are still having heart attacks etc. The numbers reported for corona virus deaths will be much smaller than total deaths in a city of that size.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

flyer 1492 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:48 pm 10,000,00 die each year in China.

I don't understand those zeros

:smt120

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

goldeneagle wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:40 pm
Was just about to post this. They’ve delivered twice as many urns so far than that claimed death toll, and on the current delivery schedule it will be 40 000 delivered urns in 10 days. The Chinese are clearly hiding their real number. But so long as the borders are closed, it’s really their own problem.
A city of 11 million will have 400 a day going thru the funeral homes in normal circumstances. They are still having heart attacks etc. The numbers reported for corona virus deaths will be much smaller than total deaths in a city of that size.
Still 4000 urns a day and people lined up in droves for them, so...

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 am

Or, people were locked in their homes for nearly three months so, there’s a backlog of natural death in addition to the covid related deaths.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 am

"droves". There is barely anyone there. Also, they are doubling the number of "urns" in the picture.

If this was real journalism, they would have canvassed a percentage of the population to help count more accurately.

Can anyone translate the sign above the door? Entrance of some sort.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

What about the 300 000 mysteriously disconnected phones? I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I sure as shit don’t trust the Chinese numbers as they currently stand.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 am What about the 300 000 mysteriously disconnected phones? I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I sure as shit don’t trust the Chinese numbers as they currently stand.
Or, no pay cheques for 3 months equals no phone bills paid equals disconnected phones

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

'97 Tercel wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:48 pm

I'd give that number a solid 5/7

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

digits_ wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:36 am
'97 Tercel wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:48 pm

I'd give that number a solid 5/7
In 2018, almost 10 million people died in China with a death rate of 7.12 per 1000 people.

In 2018 the USA had a death rate of 8.685 per 1000 people.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:25 am
mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 am What about the 300 000 mysteriously disconnected phones? I’m not a conspiracy theorist but I sure as shit don’t trust the Chinese numbers as they currently stand.
Or, no pay cheques for 3 months equals no phone bills paid equals disconnected phones
Guess they’re all homeless too, eh?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:20 pm
That’s a leap, eh?
Government has asked rental properties to be patient, mortgage lenders to make arrangements but I haven’t heard anything about making sure we don’t get cut off from our cell phones or Netflix accounts, etc.
Maybe, those 300,000 phone lines were disconnected by the customer, ie; where can I cut my bills and still afford to eat. No idea what happened but to think this equates to hundreds of thousands of deaths, that are being covered up by potentially millions of people who would have been affected by these deaths.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 pm
mixturerich wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:20 pm

That’s a leap, eh?
Government has asked rental properties to be patient, mortgage lenders to make arrangements but I haven’t heard anything about making sure we don’t get cut off from our cell phones or Netflix accounts, etc.
Maybe, those 300,000 phone lines were disconnected by the customer, ie; where can I cut my bills and still afford to eat. No idea what happened but to think this equates to hundreds of thousands of deaths, that are being covered up by potentially millions of people who would have been affected by these deaths.
We will never really know.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

The Chicoms hid the real numbers during SARS I highly doubt they will Ben truthful this round.....

Let’s Go Brandon
dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

What may happen in Canada and around the world is this: Increasing Restricting of freedoms and ability to work for people until the hospitals/ supply chain reaches peak use, ( flattening the curve) then slowly increasing freedoms and ability to work and adjust with experience until a steady state of equilibrium is reached. Peak hospital/supply resources are utilized along with peak freedoms. This would continue until herd immunity ( 60-70% diseased ) stops the pandemic ( R naught to 1.0 or lower ) Another option would be a cyclical easing and tightening of freedoms until hospital/resources reach their peak until herd immunity. What may throw a BIG monkey wrench into this is a strong mutation, thereby throwing the herd immunity card out the window and causing a restart ( like a bad flu year where the vaccine is only 10-15% effective ) OR another viral pandemic competing with Covid19! Fun times ahead !!!

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

corethatthermal wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:50 pm What may happen in Canada and around the world is this: Increasing Restricting of freedoms and ability to work for people until the hospitals/ supply chain reaches peak use, ( flattening the curve) then slowly increasing freedoms and ability to work and adjust with experience until a steady state of equilibrium is reached. Peak hospital/supply resources are utilized along with peak freedoms. This would continue until herd immunity ( 60-70% diseased ) stops the pandemic ( R naught to 1.0 or lower ) Another option would be a cyclical easing and tightening of freedoms until hospital/resources reach their peak until herd immunity. What may throw a BIG monkey wrench into this is a strong mutation, thereby throwing the herd immunity card out the window and causing a restart ( like a bad flu year where the vaccine is only 10-15% effective ) OR another viral pandemic competing with Covid19! Fun times ahead !!!
The solution to this virus problem requires a global effort. Nearly ever single country worldwide would need to completely stop the spread before any international travel bans start to go away. This is what makes this particularly nasty for the aviation industry. Even if Canada, for example, managed to get down to zero new cases, we would still have to depend on other countries to do the same.

It’s unfortunate that we have dingbats like the Brazilian president still trying to downplay it and telling people to keep going to work. It’s only going to extend the timeline. What if Canada eventually healed up and lifted the social distancing and closures of establishments, and a carrier from Brazil, or wherever, travelled to Toronto? Then the spread would start all over again.

International aviation in particular is going to continue to be devastated until the entire world can get a handle on the spread, or a vaccine comes out, and/or herd immunity calms it down.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by corethatthermal »

We all understand that this disease is : moderately but not highly infectious , mostly particulate as compared to aerosol. Infects mostly much older and immunocompromised people and mostly has minimal to mild effects for most of the population . Ironically, this pandemic is a very very good trial and test disease to prepare ALL nations for the future . Will they respond or simply wait until it is too late? Lessons are being learned WRT levels of mitigation and also relearned WRT stopping its spread at the borders. In 3 months, this virus has been stable and predictable ( very minor mutations) Future diseases may be like ebola but a 3 week asymptomatic phase that would prove disastrous! Are we ready? I think NOT !

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

I’m sure this was just a trial virus for the Chinese bio weapons lab. They will likely come out with something worse in the fall. I don’t really buy the eating bats or the other armadillo like creature theory. They’ve probably been eating that disgusting shit for thousands of years. Did get the pro democracy protests to stop almost overnight.

Let’s Go Brandon

Return to “General Comments”