PPC's

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Tholl
Rank 2
Rank 2

PPC's

Post by Tholl »

Just studying for my cpl here...

This is what I know:
A PPC is required for the PIC of a multi or single engine aircraft operating at night or in IFR conditions.

This is what I need to know!

Is a PPC for commercial ops only?

Does a Day VFR pilot (single or multi) need a PPC or will a PCC do?

Does a Co-pilot of a single or multi need a PPC if flying night or IFR flight along with the PIC?

Any other info you can provide would be great...Thanks
-Tholl
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Tholl, your lucky I thought that you were going to write something about wanting to buy a PPC :D

anyway, yes a PPC is for Commercial operations only.

You will need a PPC for like you said, to be the PIC of a aircraft at night or in IFR, if it is multi or single.

For Day VFR, if the aircraft is a twin than yes you will need the PPC, if it is a single engine than a PCC will do.

As for Co-pilot time it all depends on the aircraft, light piston twins are certified single pilot so therefore a PCC is all that is required same goes for the single engine turbines. Now for turbine aircraft it is a different story it'll go by aircraft type, alot are certified single pilot so you will again only need a PCC to fly co-pilot(KingAir, Beech 99) but there are also ones that require 2 crew so you would need a PPC in that case.

Hope that helps I am sure others will build on it.

Tholl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tholl »

Thanks for the info....I Was just in a little panic as I am writing today :shock: Pretty confident....Wish me luck
-Tholl

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

good luck on your test, will be a nice little christmas present for yourself when you pass.

Tholl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tholl »

Just got back... 81% total!!! Thanks for the help.
-Tholl

Return to “General Comments”