raic pass and layoffs

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

raic pass and layoffs

Post by oldncold »

so you going on extended time off due this crono virus 19. layoff.? what happens to your raic and. if company requires surrender. when yo Reapply. what do you have to put for employment absent (layoff)
---------- ADS -----------

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: raic pass and layoffs

Post by plhought »

Some companies are asking you to hang on to your RAIC

Your clearance is still valid. The clearance (equivalent to 'Secret') is good for 5ish years. Doesn't matter if you are working or not.

The general rule from my local airport authority is they don't want you hanging on to it beyond 30 days if you aren't an active employee.

Usually; upon returning to work, you would just complete the local airport's authority 'short form' and they would verify your existing clearance with Ottawa.

In practice though, the pass offices usually want you to complete the long form regardless. However, your wait time will be greatly reduced as your clearance is still valid.

On the long form you would fill out "unemployed". They don't want to see any gaps in your history so fill out the employment section with the dates you were unemployed. All they are really concerned about it no gaps!!

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

I believe we just got a 90 day long extension and to keep RAIC and passes in case we get recalled sooner than not. Transport exempted airport authorities to recall raics at this time due to covid. Raics WILL be deactivated however while on lay-off until you return to work, whenever that may be.

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

We were told to keep ours at our base, other bases were told to return them.

Return to “General Comments”