WestJet at YHZ

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

The Raven

This is not merely a scraped wingtip as WJ is saying, quite the opposite..
737Mech wrote:The WestJet -700 is in the CanJet hangar under repair. The winglet is off and being replaced, the L/H outboard "canoe" was damaged and being replaced and the #1 Slat is ground down and being replaced, no other damage as far as I know.

that was close...........
---------- ADS -----------

double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

Rebel....You're always quick to spout out about confirming your stories..So here is your chance, where is the fact to your ruomur you are so proud of.

Put up or shut up.

respectfully,

jj

double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

:roll:

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

jazzy-j wrote:Rebel....You're always quick to spout out about confirming your stories..So here is your chance, where is the fact to your ruomur you are so proud of.

Put up or shut up.

respectfully,

jj
Hmm where else but a WJ employee..I thought the WJ pilot's knew everything must be a myth..

WS739
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WS739 »

I love how people like Rebel come on here acting like they no everything!

-Wait till the report my friends you have no idea what happened so stop being armchair quarterbacks and think you can determine the seriousness of the incident!

And its incident-no injuries and minor damage....does matter how it happened for the idiot who thinks hes a transport canada official!

Sg was deliberate atempt of get-home-itis...low fuel, low trained pilots and shitty equipment! They left the runway and took off from the grass putting crew and passenger in danger....were on two diffrent wavelengths here gentlemen!

Until the report comes out shut up and stop acting like you know you shit...and rebel f*$% man do you have a life....flying into YHZ on FS2004 doesnt count as actual experience here. Get a life and go do a circuit or something.....we will talk when the report comes out...!!
Shit happens to everyone in this business but you WJ folks slammed AC and JG at every opportunity telling us how much better an operation WJ was. Well what goes round comes round. The lack of accountability on every issue is fast becoming a WJ trademark.
Ahaha what a stupid thing to say!!! Being accountable for a rumour...you are truly a bigger dumbass then i first thought
AHAAH IDIOT!

Ws739

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

WS739

No need to wonder why WJ is getting such a rough ride and their own employees refer to their pilot’s as the Blue Cowboys. Happy trails..

justplanecrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by justplanecrazy »

Rebel, you could have done a little better for your 1000th post. I've noticed that I keep getting more and more inane everytime I log on. Damn, if in another 700 posts I'm taking it upon myself to personally attack an Airline company with every fleeting moment, I better log off permanently now. It's been fun but I'm taking a break, see ya in a year... glad to hear that it was just a close call and no-one got hurt.

We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.
— Dr. Herbert Haynes, Federal Aviation Authority.
CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

I think that these have been posted in other threads in the past but here they are again:
"reportable aviation accident" means an accident resulting directly from the operation of an aircraft, where

(a) a person sustains a serious injury or is killed as a result of

(i) being on board the aircraft,
(ii) coming into contact with any part of the aircraft or its contents, or
(iii) being directly exposed to the jet blast or rotor downwash of the aircraft,

(b) the aircraft sustains damage or failure that adversely affects the structural strength, performance or flight characteristics of the aircraft and that requires major repair or replacement of any affected component part, or

(c) the aircraft is missing or inaccessible; (accident aéronautique à signaler)

"reportable aviation incident" means an incident resulting directly from the operation of an airplane having a maximum certificated take-off weight greater than 5 700 kg, or from the operation of a rotorcraft having a maximum certificated take-off weight greater than 2 250 kg, where

(a) an engine fails or is shut down as a precautionary measure,

(b) a transmission gearbox malfunction occurs,

(c) smoke or fire occurs,

(d) difficulties in controlling the aircraft are encountered owing to any aircraft system malfunction, weather phenomena, wake turbulence, uncontrolled vibrations or operations outside the flight envelope,

(e) the aircraft fails to remain within the intended landing or take-off area, lands with all or part of the landing gear retracted or drags a wing tip, an engine pod or any other part of the aircraft,

(f) any crew member whose duties are directly related to the safe operation of the aircraft is unable to perform the crew member's duties as a result of a physical incapacitation that poses a threat to the safety of any person, property or the environment,

(g) depressurization occurs that necessitates an emergency descent,

(h) a fuel shortage occurs that necessitates a diversion or requires approach and landing priority at the destination of the aircraft,

(i) the aircraft is refuelled with the incorrect type of fuel or contaminated fuel,

(j) a collision, a risk of collision or a loss of separation occurs,

(k) a crew member declares an emergency or indicates any degree of emergency that requires priority handling by an air traffic control unit or the standing by of emergency response services,

(l) a slung load is released unintentionally or as a precautionary or emergency measure from the aircraft, or

(m) any dangerous goods are released in or from the aircraft; (incident aéronautique à signaler)
Transportation Safety Board Regulations

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

This has to be one of the most hypocritical and contradictory posts I've read in a while...
WS739 wrote:
-Wait till the report my friends you have no idea what happened so stop being armchair quarterbacks and think you can determine the seriousness of the incident!
And then you go on to do exactly that to the SG incident.
Sg was deliberate atempt of get-home-itis...low fuel, low trained pilots and shitty equipment! They left the runway and took off from the grass putting crew and passenger in danger....were on two diffrent wavelengths here gentlemen!
Talk about stupid, speculative comments. Here's some rumour for you...it's starting to come out from the YYC findings that the SG flight actually touched down on the runway, departed the runway, and because of the low vis, didn't know where they were and elected to go around due their high speed. Right decision? Who knows. We weren't there. But I'll bet your boys in YHZ have some sympathies for low-vis approaches...

Oh, and it was a senior check captain on that flight, so you can forget your "low trained" crack. Unless you're ready to have the captain of your YHZ flight, whom I understand was check A, held up to the same ridicule. Personally, I think you're on EXACTLY the same wavelength here, and it's pure arrogance to state otherwise.
And its incident-no injuries and minor damage....does matter how it happened for the idiot who thinks hes a transport canada official!
Damaging the flap canoe is minor damage?! Who's the idiot here?! Maybe you can MEL the winglet, but the flaps? lol
"reportable aviation accident":
(b) the aircraft sustains damage or failure that adversely affects the structural strength, performance or flight characteristics of the aircraft and that requires major repair or replacement of any affected component part, or
Maybe they'll just sign the logbook and ferry back to YYC? I don't think so.
Until the report comes out shut up and stop acting like you know you shit...
You might try taking your own advice. And again, why is it your post consists more of bashing SG than trying to offer an explanation for your own woes? Newsflash: SG isn't even around anymore!

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
737 Mech
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 737 Mech »

I think a ferry permit was in the works until CanJet offered one of it's bays, I'm not 100% sure (but pretty sure)

737 Mech
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 737 Mech »

double post

IFR Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by IFR Pilot »

WS739...

Why must you jump to such quick conclusions about SG...

Low fuel? After a year with them I never went below cars limits on fuel... NEVER!

Low Trained Pilots? Have you ever been down in the sim in MIA with them? The experience level of flight crew was amazing, and standards in the sim and all training aspects were very high, and there were many many hoops to jump through.. no 30G comments please...

Shitty Equipment?
You obviously know nothing about the F100...

I'm just glad the incident in YYC with SG and the Halifax 737 turned out the same... With a happy ending!

double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

Rebel wrote:
jazzy-j wrote:Rebel....You're always quick to spout out about confirming your stories..So here is your chance, where is the fact to your ruomur you are so proud of.

Put up or shut up.

respectfully,

jj
Hmm where else but a WJ employee..I thought the WJ pilot's knew everything must be a myth..
Just as I thought..just baseless banter. You do get alot of glee out of badmouthing us. I wonder who really loves the koolaid!

Here's a rumour I heard..Do you even fly anymore??

jj

Blastor
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Blastor »

WS739 posted:

HA! the great Westjet brainwash double standard.

That will do you no good when you'll be looking for a real job, with real money!

:twisted: :twisted:

748 ho
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 748 ho »

MEN YHZ IN THE FOGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCK'S THE BIG ONE!!!!!!!!!

remeber the ho in ice not nice men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

jazzy-j

Sorry to disappoint you but I got a little time to go..

What you don't trust your own company rumours anymore? Hey not all WJ employee's believe in the WJ Kool-Aid..Remember it was a WJ whistle blower who told the world about the WJ corporate espionage.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

748 ho, you rock man! :lol:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Snowroller
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Snowroller »

Hey 748 Ho! It`s about time you showed up! This board needs some KICK ASS REFEREEIN`!!!!!! :twisted:

wooden spoon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wooden spoon »

ws739
buddy i hope i read your post wrong.I couldnt be bothered with bashing Westjet or other airlines,unlike yourself.I refuse to bring up all the mishaps(or however you want to look at it) here with other airlines with you,however,you are not doing your fellow employees any favors by bashing other airlines.I have the upmost respect fot the capt on the jetsgo flight onto Calgary as im sure you do for the captain who flew into Halifax christmas night.Did you see the report on Jetsgo??He had get home itis,maybe the westjet pilot was in a hurry to get to yyt for a nap.man what a stupid thing to say. D.H.!

Last edited by wooden spoon on Wed May 03, 2006 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
double-j
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by double-j »

"there but the grace of god go I"..

We all have the potential for this kind of thing. Every airline has its mishaps, the best thing is to learn from them. Like someone earlier, low vis landings can be tricky sometimes. Whether its us, AC freddie, or SG, we can all learn from this....so long as our arrogance doesn't get in the way. (myself included).

cheers, jj

Return to “General Comments”