Terrible news for the Air Canada work force...

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Terrible news for the Air Canada work force...

Post by Localizer »

This will be an opportunity for smaller airlines to grow and fill the void as the middle class repairs the economy in the following years. Sched companies like Flair will grow and provide low cost option to get travelers and businessman and women moving again. It will dilut the cost of airline tickets.
And they will join the ranks of Zoom, Jetsgo, Canada3000 ... this list goes on. If you want to pay $69 to go Vancouver - Toronto .. buy a ticket on Greyhound, 30 million people can't support multiple airlines.

If you want to support competition in the airline market .. write your MP and tell them to stop taxing the airline industry as though its a luxury and treat it like the economic driver that it is.
---------- ADS -----------

phillyfan
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by phillyfan »

Greyhound is also shutdown.

WrightR2600
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WrightR2600 »

Capt. Underpants wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:08 pm This is probably a waste of electrons in this forum, but here goes.

A medically-informed response to the virus is the only long term solution, but when implementing it creates economic chaos that’s worse than the virus, the answer is not to condemn some people to die from a preventable illness so that others don’t die of the manufactured poverty that we celebrate as “capitalism”. You must change that economic system into one that rewards work, not wealth.

This is how Canadians think ? This is very scary .

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

WrightR2600 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:19 pm
Capt. Underpants wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 12:08 pm This is probably a waste of electrons in this forum, but here goes.

A medically-informed response to the virus is the only long term solution, but when implementing it creates economic chaos that’s worse than the virus, the answer is not to condemn some people to die from a preventable illness so that others don’t die of the manufactured poverty that we celebrate as “capitalism”. You must change that economic system into one that rewards work, not wealth.

This is how Canadians think ? This is very scary .
Wtf is scary about that? I'm not someone who hates rich people but I hate rent seeking. I swear 1/3 businesses in Ontario are just middle men who don't actually do anything.

YYZSaabGuy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by YYZSaabGuy »

gtappl wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:27 pm I'm not someone who hates rich people but I hate rent seeking. I swear 1/3 businesses in Ontario are just middle men who don't actually do anything.
Patience, Grasshopper.
The fact that you don't understand what we do doesn't mean nothing is being done. 8)

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Making money is doing something.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

altiplano wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:56 am Making money is doing something.
Sure, the question is if people still want to pay for that "something" when they need to save money.

Will companies that need to make budget cuts really need social media managers?
Will companies be paying expensive interior designers for some "mood books" and "concept drawings" or will they go straight to the contractor and explain what they want?
Will companies deal with realtors and pay them 5%, or get an otherwise laid off employee to show company property they are selling off?

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

3down&loct wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:48 pm Just an interesting observation.
China has 17% of the world population yet only 1.7 % of reported infections.
So, how the f%^k did they manage to only have 1/10 of everyone else in a country that has massive cities with major population densities.
Some things are definitely not adding up.
I think world leaders are now starting to realize they f%&ked this up and will be doing anything now to recover economies.
You can start by asking where did the 21 million cell phone users in that country go? 21 million cell numbers just dropped off the grid.

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.4878923

The 21 million cell phone thing means nothing to anyone other than the people who form their political opinions on Facebook and have an unusually large tin foil budget.

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

Exactly.
People who say “Don’t believe anything out of China” actually have not a single reason to say/think that.
Like WTF do you actually know?
What? Because CTV news and your colleagues on lunch break say that? Or is it because we’re in Canada and our media is not biased/corrupt?

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by doiwannabeapilot »

maybe I'm not reading your post correctly....or understanding which argument you are supporting.

Not a single reason ?

The 21 million cell phone claim is ridiculous, yes.

But so is your
"People who say “Don’t believe anything out of China” actually have not a single reason to say/think that."

It is quite apparent to anyone with a modicum of intelligence, that the Chinese regime is corrupt, evil and lying.

The information to draw that conclusion comes from hundreds and thousands of sources around the world.

fishface wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:04 pm Exactly.
People who say “Don’t believe anything out of China” actually have not a single reason to say/think that.
What? Because CTV news and your colleagues on lunch break say that? Or is it because we’re in Canada and our media is not biased/corrupt?

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Yup. Just over 1/5 of a percentage point of cases in Canada. 0.22 % of the population.
Not even 1% yet. That people have succumbed to this is very tragic and sad.

But, maybe....this is a hysteria based and emotion based reaction.......not science and numbers based.

Perhaps, its time to quarantine the high risk categories; and let everyone else make their own choice.
tailgunner wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:57 am Ayseven,
Quit with the emotional appeals to justify your position on the quarantine. You may have already “killed people unnecessarily “.Bacteria live everywhere. Clothes, hair, hands, etc. At one time, you may have passsed bacteria to an elderly person that morphed into the flu, Norwalk, a cold and then pneumonia. People have been dying of this since people have existed. Bacteria is everywhere. We all carry some, and we all pass to others. Stop with the emotional rhetoric, of “killing unnecessarily “ and the PM’s favourite “ Saving lives”. We are NOT saving lives, we are only delaying the inevitable.

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

doiwannabeapilot wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 pm maybe I'm not reading your post correctly....or understanding which argument you are supporting.

Not a single reason ?

But so is your
"People who say “Don’t believe anything out of China” actually have not a single reason to say/think that."

It is quite apparent to anyone with a modicum of intelligence, that the Chinese regime is corrupt, evil and lying.

The information to draw that conclusion comes from hundreds and thousands of sources around the world.

Quite “apparent” is not an argument.
Hundreds of thousands of sources? Please cite.
And who’s to say those sources are reliable.
Point is I don’t need for the media to tell me what to think. I simply just don’t give a shit.. my time and energy is worth more than caring about China or blackface or SNC or whoever.

Read an article in its entirety the other day (because most people read the sensational headline and form their opinion based on that) who’s title was something along the lines of “second wave clusters in Asia”.
And then they proceed to say “6 new cases in bla bla province in China”
That’s what you call a second wave? China has been seeing between 6 and 20 ish new cases a day since their curve got flattened, but hey anything to get people to click on the article right?

doiwannabeapilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Where did i say hundreds of thousands ?
fishface wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 pm
doiwannabeapilot wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:42 pm maybe I'm not reading your post correctly....or understanding which argument you are supporting.

Not a single reason ?

But so is your

Quite “apparent” is not an argument.
Hundreds of thousands of sources? Please cite.
And who’s to say those sources are reliable.
Point is I don’t need for the media to tell me what to think. I simply just don’t give a shit.. my time and energy is worth more than caring about China or blackface or SNC or whoever.

Read an article in its entirety the other day (because most people read the sensational headline and form their opinion based on that) who’s title was something along the lines of “second wave clusters in Asia”.
And then they proceed to say “6 new cases in bla bla province in China”
That’s what you call a second wave? China has been seeing between 6 and 20 ish new cases a day since their curve got flattened, but hey anything to get people to click on the article right?

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

My point is still the same.
Anyway, I sorta derailed this post...back on track!

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Chinese regime don't acknowledge how many they killed in manufactured famine, or the Cultural Revolution, or political disappearing, or Ughyur reeducation camps, or even Tiananmen Square...

They don't even acknowledge the fact that they have kidnapped and tortured 2 Canadians for the last year and a half...

You want someone to cite sources? Give me a break. Do you deny it?

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Fishface appears to be an agent of the CCP.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

I was in China yesterday.

On approach all the villages appear deserted - no sign of any human activity.

Roads are empty - even highways have zero traffic on them.

Roads in major cities have traffic visible.

I don't have an explanation - just what I observed.

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

I was out walking in London today. Tons of people out enjoying the 26C weather.

Not sure their presence is incontrovertible proof of anything, but that's what I saw.

I don't disagree that the Communist Party of China lies about things - that's literally what Communism is, a lie.

There were more than a few honest, truthful people trying to raise the alarm in China about what was really going on there. In spite of the government efforts to suppress them, they still exist.

But anecdotal information about traffic or funeral urns or mobile phone accounts needs to be examined critically before drawing conclusions, and even then those conclusions may not be correct.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
OneYonge
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by OneYonge »

fishface wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:35 pm Point is I don’t need for the media to tell me what to think. I simply just don’t give a shit..
This includes Chinese propaganda right? Since you don't let China tell you what to think, you agree with not believing what they say.

Return to “General Comments”