Written Exam Exemption

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

flyindutchman1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Written Exam Exemption

Post by flyindutchman1996 »

So TC released this two days ago. I am coming close to my Group 1 IFR flight test but am still waiting to write the INRAT as TC is still closed. So does anyone know if this means I am completely exempt from writing it or if it just means I can do the flight test but still have to write the INRAT on a later date before applying for the rating? Any information helps! Thanks!

https://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/regs ... n/3308.htm
---------- ADS -----------

ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Written Exam Exemption

Post by ayseven »

I am going to go out on a limb and suggest the INRAT is needed at some point. I have no evidence of this.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

It exempts candidates for the flight test from the written exam requirement; it doesn’t exempt applicants for the rating.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

Just think about it... the instrument rating is arguably the most difficult rating to achievement, and perhaps the most Valuable. If not taught correctly, it’ll result in an accident very quickly. You really think TC would allow someone to apply for an instrument rating without having been tested on the theory side of things? No chance.

flyindutchman1996
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyindutchman1996 »

I thought so. Just wasn’t 100% sure with the wording. Thanks a lot!

5x5
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 5x5 »

They still will have to write the exam before they can submit their application but they can get the flight test out of the way. They can book the exam as TC is planning to start allowing exams on a scheduled basis, to limit access in and out of the offices obviously, in early July. It will take a while to get them done but shouldn't be too bad.

Being stupid around airplanes is a capital offence and nature is a hanging judge!

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.”
Mark Twain
EPR
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by EPR »

photofly wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:23 am It exempts candidates for the flight test from the written exam requirement; it doesn’t exempt applicants for the rating.
I see what you did there. 😆

Keep the dirty side down.

Return to “General Comments”