A mess to regain confidence.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: A mess to regain confidence.

Post by 2R »

The only people who believe in herd immunity for a highly contagious disease with no vaccine or treatment are the same people who think the sprinkles on their donut come out of a Unicorns bunghole :)
---------- ADS -----------

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

HavaJava wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:58 am I will continue to support those who believe in a balanced approach that doesn’t ignore medium to long term health and societal outcomes.
So now you’re saying you support science and government plans to reopen society safely and not this herd immunity nonsense espoused by basement dwelling trolls?

What’s the disagreement here then?

Beefitarian
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Beefitarian »

Who wants a donut with sprinkles? It's not worth the calories. I want one from Texas dipped in chocolate.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

Hot fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts are the best , just a shame their Krap coffee makes truck stop coffee seem almost drinkable , Almost as bad as the standard NATO coffee served at Radar sites . If they sold a half decent coffee they could rule the world .
Anyone old enough to remember the blue jean and beer revolution in East Berlin would understand that ridiculous hyperbolic statement . But I truly believe if Krispy Kreme had better coffee they could rule the world :)
Just when ever I have stood drooling watching them making donuts , all their attention is on the donuts , customer service is almost non existing and the coffee has been sitting all morning .
If they sold Lavazza coffee like they serve in most first class airline seating they would RULE .
Fresh hot Lavazza in reclined comfort , good times .
It is the small things I am missing :)

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

mbav8r wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:31 pm
I’m not going to go back through your posts, but I’m pretty sure you were advocating for a return to normal while the curve was still on the up trajectory, I’m also fairly certain you balked at the fact the hospitals could be overwhelmed. Maybe there is hope for you.
How about you find the info you think I said. Won't happen. I don't say return to normal...quarantine is not normal. But feel free to find where I said what you claim about hospitals. Won't happen.

Anyways....I'm pretty much back to normal activity. Suggest others do as well...with precautions of course.

Last edited by pelmet on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

HavaJava wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:58 am
mixturerich wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:26 am
HavaJava wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:33 pm You are a voice of reason Pelmet.

I’ve stopped trying to convert the cowering and fearful masses...it’s a losing battle... but I still feel it’s important to support those that have a clear and balanced outlook on this crisis. You are not alone. There are many people that feel the same way. I hope one day the majority of people will realize the errors we’ve made as a society...however, I am deeply saddened by the long term societal damage that has has been set in motion and continues to accelerate in a terrifying direction.
Jesus Christ, the “cowering and fearful masses”. Aren’t you a tough guy, eh? Oh, how soft humanity is! Our own worst enemy! The virus isn’t killing society, we’re doing it to ourselves by overreacting, right!? If only we listened to people like you!

Isolate the vulnerable! No seeing anybody over 60, including parents and grandparents, until this is over! Let the kids get sick! You’re 27 years old and have chronic lung issues? Sucks for you, you’re staying inside for another year! No fun for you. I’m 30 and I can’t wait to help herd immunity to save the future, and I sure hope I don’t get permanent lung damage after catching covid! It will be all worth it though to make the old avcanada experts happy and save our precious future, the future that has always looked so bright for humanity anyways (sarcasm).
Proof that people like you are not worth our time. I will continue to support those who believe in a balanced approach that doesn’t ignore medium to long term health and societal outcomes.
Exactly...the perennial purveyors of doom will always be around. Man-made global warming, Society is being killed by Coronavirus, etc. Lets just get on with life.....and of course be cautious for the vulnerable who thing that their freedom to to everything overrides society.
HavaJava wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:33 pm You are a voice of reason Pelmet.
An island of sanity in a sea of insanity....had to say it just for Rockie.

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

Yes indeed, those prophets of doom: NASA.
https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
The overlap in Venn diagrams representing avcanada members who are both infectious disease AND climate experts is astonishing. I can only imagine that if we include flat earth truthers, our collective mind would be blown away by the uncontestable knowledge on this site.
It is odd however, that the spelling and grammar circles never seem to make the cut.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Exactly...the perennial purveyors of doom will always be around.

466,000 dead world wide. 8400 dead in Canada. And of course the 120,000 dead in the US that is climbing by 1000 per day.

I've mentioned this a few times now Pelmet and I can't help wondering why you refuse to address it. Is it because:

A. It's too painful for you?
B. It's a deep state conspiracy and you don't believe anybody really died?
C. You think it's a false flag operation?
D. They're all libtards and don't really count?
E. 466,000 dead is a tragic but acceptable loss so you can spend a wonderful evening at Hooters?
F. You're a psychopath?

Last edited by Rockie on Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

shimmydampner wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:54 pm The overlap in Venn diagrams representing avcanada members who are both infectious disease AND climate experts is astonishing. I can only imagine that if we include flat earth truthers, our collective mind would be blown away by the uncontestable knowledge on this site.
It is odd however, that the spelling and grammar circles never seem to make the cut.
There's a limit to what you can fit in even a pilot's brain.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

I'm doomed.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Rockie wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:04 pm

466,000 dead world wide. 8400 dead in Canada. And of course the 120,000 dead in the US that is climbing by 1000 per day.

I've mentioned this a few times now Pelmet and I can't help wondering why you refuse to address it. Is it because:

A. It's too painful for you?
B. It's a deep state conspiracy and you don't believe anybody really died?
C. You think it's a false flag operation?
D. They're all libtards and don't really count?
E. 466,000 dead is a tragic but acceptable loss so you can spend a wonderful evening at Hooters?
F. You're a psychopath?
Lack of effective quarantine measures. I have already posted how this could be done in other threads but governments refuse to do so while at the same time, vulnerable but still able people take risks......and they die. You sound like you are vulnerable Rockie...Isolate yourself...effectively.

A lot of people take other risks such as driving or drinking and driving, riding bikes, skiing, etc. Some risks are for pleasure, some are for work. Millions have died for these and many other reasons. Governments should effectively lock down those who are vulnerable but not able while the rest who are vulnerable but still able can make their choice.

fishface
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by fishface »

bUt DrInKiNg AnD dRiViNg Is NoT a HiGhLy CoNtAgIoUs DiSeAsE

I chose option E, by the way.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

fishface wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 pm bUt DrInKiNg AnD dRiViNg Is NoT a HiGhLy CoNtAgIoUs DiSeAsE

Depending on how the evening goes.....that could also put you at risk of a highly contagious disease. But the fun details can be texted to Rocky's basement. :smt008

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

pelmet wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:19 pm
fishface wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:11 pm bUt DrInKiNg AnD dRiViNg Is NoT a HiGhLy CoNtAgIoUs DiSeAsE

Depending on how the evening goes.....that could also put you at risk of a highly contagious disease. But the fun details can be texted to Rocky's basement. :smt008
Spending an evening at Hooters hoping to pick one of the waitresses up Is pretty ambitious Pelmet. Better stick to curing worldwide pandemics.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

Anyways......back toward normal folks....with a few precautions. The curve has been flattened to keep it within hospital capabilities.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I wonder how many DNR octogenarians each of us has killed with contact spread MSRA that resulted in bacterial pneumonia over the years? I wonder how many COVID “victims” died of just that, but they were swabbed positive for COVID and differentially diagnosed when most times we wouldn’t have bothered.

It’s a mad rush for funding since the floodgates are open, and any way to increase the numbers is a good thing. That’s why testing is important—not just for contact tracing or isolation. Saw the same thing in forestry. BC had xxxxx number of forest fires last year but hundreds of them were warm-ish abandoned campfires that weren’t going anywhere in a million years.

When all we’ve done is move to a hub-and-spoke system where someone in every household goes to the grocery store once a week or more, you’re not stopping anything. Keeping 2m away from anyone else does nothing to stop an infected person from creating a 4m wide swath of potentially infectious surfaces.

The idea that going to Hooters will cause a massive second wave is laughable.

The curve has flattened but thanks to the reactionary and shotgun approach to policies, nobody knows what exactly flattened it. Personally, I think it was better hand hygiene and wearing masks—not quarantine.

Turn the hospitals and extended care units and retirement residences into Level 4 biohazard containment with the billions the Liberals are pissing away and let the rest of us get on with our lives where COVID is literally one of the least risky aspects of it.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

iflyforpie wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am

The idea that going to Hooters will cause a massive second wave is laughable.
That noise you just heard was a joke whooshing over your head.

"Flattening the curve" was the term used to describe getting the exponential increase in cases under control which even the Americans have done to some degree. The Americans though never brought the number of active cases down as so many other places did (notable exceptions like New York) and have now started to spike again in several states thanks to nonexistent attention spans forgetting there's still a virus out there.

Distancing has been proven to work (what do you think isolating is?) and if that's not possible other measures including masks minimize the risk particularly with low infection rates to begin with. That's where we're trying to end up and for the most part have succeeded, as long as we don't @#$! it up again by being stupid.

mmm..bacon
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mmm..bacon »

Those deaths aren't in a vacuum, though...the 'real' death numbers would be the deaths caused by CV that are in excess of the underlying normal death rate

Everything has an end, except a sausage, which has two!
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

mmm..bacon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 am

Those deaths aren't in a vacuum, though...the 'real' death numbers would be the deaths caused by CV that are in excess of the underlying normal death rate
Those are confirmed Covid-19 deaths from the sites below, and they state they are probably low for a number of reasons. As I think you are saying above, the number of deaths above the historical record for the same period could be higher, but measuring that is very difficult due to lack of detailed statistics in developing parts of the world. I don't know how North America stacks up there.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/ ... N~OWID_WRL

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

mmm..bacon wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:45 am

Are you suggesting that the vast majority of those who have died from Covid-19 would be dead by now anyways? If so....not sure, could be possible.

Return to “General Comments”