Open the door, no thanks

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Open the door, no thanks

Post by albertdesalvo »

Certain people define everything that is not CBC or HuffPost as ‘right wing wack job”.
Would those be the people who are informed daily by FOXNews?
---------- ADS -----------

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:21 pm
RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:50 pm
pelmet wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:55 am By by the way, I don't go to the so-called right wing whack job websites. I use critical thinking to conclude the obvious.
To quote the great Inigo Montoya, I do not think this means what you think it means.

Being obvious, by definition, precludes (or, hah, obviates) the need for critical thinking. What you are describing here is confirmation bias.
Certain people define everything that is not CBC or HuffPost as ‘right wing wack job”.
Uh oh. I'm screwed. That danged right-wing whackjob Toronto Star shows up on my doorstep every day :lol:

Last edited by RedAndWhiteBaron on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:42 pm I don’t know, maybe read a newspaper or something.
I read a number of papers. HuffPo and CBC are usually the worst written of them.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm
Rockie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:42 pm I don’t know, maybe read a newspaper or something.
I read a number of papers. HuffPo and CBC are usually the worst written of them.
Not sure about the Huffington Post but the CBC does not publish a newspaper, so I’ll just surmise you’re full of shit. The “B” stands for broadcasting...look it up in the dictionary.

JeppsOnFire
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JeppsOnFire »

Rockie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm
Not sure about the Huffington Post but the CBC does not publish a newspaper, so I’ll just surmise you’re full of shit. The “B” stands for broadcasting...look it up in the dictionary.
Figure. Of. Speech.

Jesus, are you really that daft or maybe you’re on the spectrum.

I guess when you’re so full of hate and at the same time so full of fear the only way to allay that turmoil is to maniacally lash out at strangers on the internet. Like every day.

Anyways, carry on.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Sure glad I brought my flameproof suit to this discussion...

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

JeppsOnFire wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Figure. Of. Speech.

I guess when you’re so full of hate and at the same time so full of fear the only way to allay that turmoil is to maniacally lash out at strangers on the internet. Like every day.

Anyways, carry on.
Boo Hoo

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

Another corona thread for the deletion pile...

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Or, we're all sick and tired of the constantly changing Covid rules and advice, half of us are out of work, we're all a bunch of blowhards, and this just happens to be a rather divisive issue.

Thank god I'm an optimist.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:01 pm Or, we're all sick and tired of the constantly changing Covid rules and advice, half of us are out of work, we're all a bunch of blowhards, and this just happens to be a rather divisive issue.

Thank god I'm an optimist.
Well actually I think there is cause for optimism. Brazil, Russia and the US notwithstanding infection rates are lower thanks to the hard treatment and economies are reopening. New infections are easier to identify, trace and isolate. The world for the most part has it under control and is learning how to deal with infections still here, and is learning how to live around them. I think by the time a vaccine gets developed it will just be the final nail in this bastard’s coffin.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

CBC’s publishes news and opinion online, just like all the papers now do. Get with the times boomer.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

JeppsOnFire wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:58 pm

Figure. Of. Speech.

Anyways, carry on.
Give Rockie a break. Now that he is retired and doesn’t have a captive FO for his verbal bukake, he needs to find alternate outlets. He spent his formative years in an organization that rewards people for being stubborn and loud, but wasn’t too worried about how bright they were. He excelled there and sadly it taught him some bad habits for later life.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:01 pm Or, we're all sick and tired of the constantly changing Covid rules and advice, half of us are out of work, we're all a bunch of blowhards, and this just happens to be a rather divisive issue.
That's the biggest problem. Constantly changing. Nobody has a target, nobody has a plan, nobody can make a decision.

///

CBC and Huffpost aren't "papers" but they are the way many people digest their printed news...

That said, I recall a saying "not worth the paper is printed on" and I think that can be said about a lot of these news sites including especially the CBC and Huffpost... Little editorial oversight, no second set of eyes determining if it should go into the press for the morning edition, just endless low quality content creation generating clicks.

At least The Globe and Mail and The National Post and others were willing to press it and sell it Far better wiring and journalism coming out of those outfits than the click bait news generators.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:04 am

CBC’s publishes news and opinion online, just like all the papers now do. Get with the times boomer.
I’ve had the app (and WP) since the day it came out thanks. This boomer also didn't need a couple of days to research what a “newspaper” is. I occasionally read the National Post (paper version) and find it mostly responsible although I wonder why they still give Conrad Black and Rex Murphy a platform. I even look at Fox News online when I want to see what passes for fact in dimension X.

When I want a GNE check on my moral compass I’ll even check out some extreme right wing sites masquerading as something else. Let’s me know I’m on the right track.

I try not to exist in a bubble. Except that is for not having a clue about cultural references as I’ve amply demonstrated.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

altiplano wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:30 am
That's the biggest problem. Constantly changing. Nobody has a target, nobody has a plan, nobody can make a decision.
At least The Globe and Mail and The National Post and others were willing to press it and sell it Far better wiring and journalism out of those outfits than the click bait news generators.

Bang on on both counts. The current plan of, “shelter in place indefinitely”, is unsatisfactory to people who think long term. I realize that Trump’s plan is unpopular in some sectors and that it is resulting in some casualties, but it is popular in other sectors because it is away forward.

I may not always agree with the Globe and Mail, but at least the writing has been proof read and is coherent.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:47 am
tsgarp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:04 am

I’ve had the app (and WP) since the day it came out thanks. This boomer also didn't need a couple of days to research what a “newspaper” is. I occasionally read the National Post (paper version) and find it mostly responsible although I wonder why they still give Conrad Black and Rex Murphy a platform. I even look at Fox News online when I want to see what passes for fact in dimension X.

When I want a GNE check on my moral compass I’ll even check out some extreme right wing sites masquerading as something else. Let’s me know I’m on the right track.

I try not to exist in a bubble. Except that is for not having a clue about cultural references as I’ve amply demonstrated.
So, you knew all along that CBC was a de facto newspaper and your original comment was made for the sole purpose of channeling your inner dickhead? Don’t get me wrong, it’s fine to channel your inner dickhead (George Carlin made a career out of it).

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 am So, you knew all along that CBC was a de facto newspaper and your original comment was made for the sole purpose of channeling your inner dickhead?
The CBC is a news organization not a defacto newspaper, but if you go back and read you'll see my original comment was "read a newspaper". I didn't say which one and I never mentioned the CBC. (By the way I really meant a "newspaper", something made of paper that you hold in your hand because by and large they are much more truthful and factual than 99% of the online crap out there that people seem to take at face value.) To which you said:
tsgarp wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm I read a number of papers. HuffPo and CBC are usually the worst written of them.
And then I said:
Rockie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm Not sure about the Huffington Post but the CBC does not publish a newspaper,
Which, you must admit is a true statement. They are a broadcaster, they don't publish a newspaper and wouldn't know how to do it if they wanted to. I'm not a dickhead for knowing that and you're not necessarily a dickhead for not knowing it. You do have sensitive skin though.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:31 am
tsgarp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 am So, you knew all along that CBC was a de facto newspaper and your original comment was made for the sole purpose of channeling your inner dickhead?
The CBC is a news organization not a defacto newspaper, but if you go back and read you'll see my original comment was "read a newspaper". I didn't say which one and I never mentioned the CBC. (By the way I really meant a "newspaper", something made of paper that you hold in your hand because by and large they are much more truthful and factual than 99% of the online crap out there that people seem to take at face value.) To which you said:
tsgarp wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:52 pm I read a number of papers. HuffPo and CBC are usually the worst written of them.
And then I said:
Rockie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:33 pm Not sure about the Huffington Post but the CBC does not publish a newspaper,
Which, you must admit is a true statement. They are a broadcaster, they don't publish a newspaper and wouldn't know how to do it if they wanted to. I'm not a dickhead for knowing that and you're not necessarily a dickhead for not knowing it. You do have sensitive skin though.
Dude, I'm not going to get wrapped around the axle on this one. :lol: But, just for the record, based on the tone of your posts, you are a dickhead. I, on the other hand, am a witty and entertaining dickhead. I know you don't find me amusing; that's because the butt of the joke seldom gets the joke. :goodman:

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

tsgarp wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:16 am I, on the other hand, am a witty and entertaining dickhead.
And ever so humble, to boot! :smt040

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I'd almost be offended Tsgarp, but as per one of my previous posts on another thread I just find it impossible to take anyone who uses the word "dude" seriously. Progress beyond a highschool maturity level and we'll talk.

Return to “General Comments”