Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Pfizer Covid Vaccine shows 90% effectiveness.

Post by CpnCrunch »

Nothing worse than idiotic arguments.
---------- ADS -----------

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

https://twitter.com/CBCLorenda/status/1 ... 6583975940

I’m trying to understand this. She says everyone needs to act like they have covid... well if I had covid I would be off work for two weeks, so is everyone booking off work for two weeks and taking her advice?

Oh and masks work, but they don’t work..l that’s right, masks work in Walmart and Costco, but don’t work when you visit family. Hmm... all the mixed messages... how much longer shall we defend mask policy, we are at the point we have gone from masks don’t work, to masks work, and now this experts back to masks don’t really work...oh gawd my brain! I can’t keep up! For some reason I can sit next to people on a plane for hours, go fly in a sim for hours, sit in a class for hours with a mask, but going to visit family with a mask doesn’t work! Show me the science!

I know a handful of people who said they will get together for Christmas with family and they will wear masks inside. They feel pretty safe.. I mean it’s safe right? Like we were told wear masks to stop the spread... this is adequate? Pro maskers where are you... do you see an issue with this? Or can I say masks don’t work... no I can’t say that, don’t let me send misinformation! Don’t let me be a covidiot... masks work, go celebrate Christmas with a mask on!

Ok calling work, time to explain I’m booking off because I was told to act like I have covid.

Idiots.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

My 2¢?

Visiting family is banned here, so I don't do it. (It will shortly be banned in all of ON)

If I do need to see family for something beyond a visit, I wear a mask. And yes, everyone I know with children is okay with cancelling school for a few weeks, even the left wing nutjob tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists.

Right now I am drawing the line at defecating in public/pants/diapers and fornicating with masks. Everything else is expendable.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
ayseven
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ayseven »

Sitting around with family, or working in a small space, is a lot different than going to a store. The risk is obviously higher in a smaller space, where you spend more than 15 minutes. I for one, am not comfortable potentially infecting my elderly family members, and neither should anyone else be. Everyone has to be patient. We will be back to "normal" soon enough.

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

2019 WHO guidelines for pandemic/epidemic management. Granted it is geared towards influenza.
9789241516839-eng.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 21 times
142B3298-46C6-41C1-AAA6-98FFF0029510.png
142B3298-46C6-41C1-AAA6-98FFF0029510.png (601.57 KiB) Viewed 1824 times
BA3B55FC-320D-4A40-9B03-EC6E991803A9.png
BA3B55FC-320D-4A40-9B03-EC6E991803A9.png (564.77 KiB) Viewed 1824 times

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

What is the backlog for covid tests where everyone lives? My friend became symptomatic yesterday and called and they said they are booking 5 days out.

How pathetic is that? Then they tell everyone use the covid app... for what purpose? To tell you you were around a confirmed case of covid a month ago?

Seriously at this point I think the best thing to fight covid would be if all public sector employees just took a 50 percent pay cut for a year. That’s about as logical as the actions taken by our MPPs in Ontario. :lol:

Seems like the general public is concerned about this new strain. The 70 percent more contagious strain. Public outcry to shut down all flights on the radio this morning. So I wonder do cloth masks work against this new form of covid? Should we change the guidelines again? If you are going to pump fear in what I assume is fake news (I don’t for one second think any real data shows new covid spreads faster... UK made a very ass covering statement about how this is preliminary and subject to change). This was simply a scare the shit out of everyone before Christmas so they stay home. Maybe not, maybe we are all fucked! I was wrong so many times already, covid 20 is going to destroy us!

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

The new virus strain was identified in September. It has already had 3 months to spread, and likely longer since the chance they identified the first case is unlikely.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

montado wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:57 am What is the backlog for covid tests where everyone lives? My friend became symptomatic yesterday and called and they said they are booking 5 days out.

How pathetic is that? Then they tell everyone use the covid app... for what purpose? To tell you you were around a confirmed case of covid a month ago?

Seriously at this point I think the best thing to fight covid would be if all public sector employees just took a 50 percent pay cut for a year. That’s about as logical as the actions taken by our MPPs in Ontario. :lol:

Seems like the general public is concerned about this new strain. The 70 percent more contagious strain. Public outcry to shut down all flights on the radio this morning. So I wonder do cloth masks work against this new form of covid? Should we change the guidelines again? If you are going to pump fear in what I assume is fake news (I don’t for one second think any real data shows new covid spreads faster... UK made a very ass covering statement about how this is preliminary and subject to change). This was simply a scare the shit out of everyone before Christmas so they stay home. Maybe not, maybe we are all fucked! I was wrong so many times already, covid 20 is going to destroy us!
Maybe you should keep up on the fake news a little more, they did ban UK flights.

If you're waiting 5 days for a test then I'm guessing you're smack dab in the middle of it and should be isolating until results are confirmed. On the fringes it's one day for booking and 1-2 days for results.

Also, the fake news is reporting a province wide shutdown starting on the 26th for 28 days.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

iu.jpeg
iu.jpeg (52.68 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

Will fix airplanes for food.
Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

Human Factor wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:11 pm iu.jpeg
Give it a rest. Go get some exercise or something.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

All other things aside, it is curious that the U.K. reports a new strain of COVID within ~2 weeks of getting the first vaccine.....

BTD
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by BTD »

tsgarp wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:54 am All other things aside, it is curious that the U.K. reports a new strain of COVID within ~2 weeks of getting the first vaccine.....
The strain was identified in September.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I found it more strange all the restrictions come a week before Christmas, when they knew about the strain in September.

A week is probable the right time to generate enough fear for people to cancel Christmas plans... Once we get into the new year the new strain will get berried under other news and it will be non event in the big picture.

Its incredible how reactive we will all be in the future. Virus is the new terrorism. Any time you want to disrupt the world just announce a new virus. Like imagine airlines are canceling flights right now for a new strain of covid that has been around since at least September. lol... how is this even rational? do they believe its being contained?

sjatana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sjatana »

Human Factor wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:11 pm iu.jpeg
You should check out the film "Outbreak" starring Dustin Hoffman!

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

What are everyone's thoughts on closing ski hills in Ontario for 28 days. I was hoping to use my ski pass this year as one of the few things I should be able to do. Apparently DOFO and his experts think skiing is high risk. Unbelievable... The image below sums up what I think of people in Ontario. Just about all politicians in power right now are leading in the polls. Expect Trudeau and Ford to be re elected by people in Ontario. What was ford's worthless treat? Well he did give us all a few cents off hydro rates for 28 days.

Thanks Ford for saving me 3 bucks off my next bill.
Screenshot_20201224-092744.png
Screenshot_20201224-092744.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1108 times

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Here's some news for you: Ford is a Conservative.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

Nope it doesn't really make any sense to close ski hills, gyms, salons for 28 days. Many of these will be small businesses as well. Why should small businesses suffer and the people of Ontario have to sit inside for a month straight. I will tell you why because some fat @#$! that drinks soda and eats chips that can't walk 10 steps without being out of breath might occupy a hospital bed in the ICU. @#$! right off, wake up people and take the red pill.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

CpnCrunch wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:23 am Here's some news for you: Ford is a Conservative.
He may be a member of the Conservative party, but he's no conservative.

Will fix airplanes for food.
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

My Conservative voting family say they will vote for Ford again. I'm thinking to my self wtf... The guy who's not even conservative, closed ski hills to stop covid... And tells people they have to wear snotty masks over their faces to "stop the spread" meanwhile cases are at all time highs....

The guy who told restaurants if they close for a month cases will be under control.

The guy who has done nothing to get hospitals to grow to be able to deal with covid cases... His plan was to invent stupid policy while he waits for the vaccine to save us.

What I find hilarious is people rage at those without masks... Little do they know their germ infested face covering is the most likely thing to cause the spread of germs as they take it on and off without washing hands. I actually find the mask wearing disgusting at this point. It has become apparent how stupid people are. People are lemmings and can't think for themselves. 100 percent people need a guy like Ford to tell them how to live, and without him they would be lost.

This is the trash panda you will vote for? Unbelievable how sheeple will vote for this again. Just goes to show you a little about the average citizen of Ontario.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

montado wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:13 pm My Conservative voting family say they will vote for Ford again. I'm thinking to my self wtf... The guy who's not even conservative, closed ski hills to stop covid... And tells people they have to wear snotty masks over their faces to "stop the spread" meanwhile cases are at all time highs....

The guy who told restaurants if they close for a month cases will be under control.

The guy who has done nothing to get hospitals to grow to be able to deal with covid cases... His plan was to invent stupid policy while he waits for the vaccine to save us.

What I find hilarious is people rage at those without masks... Little do they know their germ infested face covering is the most likely thing to cause the spread of germs as they take it on and off without washing hands. I actually find the mask wearing disgusting at this point. It has become apparent how stupid people are. People are lemmings and can't think for themselves. 100 percent people need a guy like Ford to tell them how to live, and without him they would be lost.

This is the trash panda you will vote for? Unbelievable how sheeple will vote for this again. Just goes to show you a little about the average citizen of Ontario.
Maybe this is how you use your mask, I’m sure the majority of people with an ounce of common sense get it.
When the pandemic started, I started ordering masks, I have at least 25 and some disposables as well.
I sanitize my hands before I touch my mask and still try to only touch the ear loops, I have noticed I’m going through more masks per day in the winter. If I get a runny nose from being outside, my reusable mask is only used once and into the laundry it goes, it’s common sense.
I would think the majority of people with any brain power at all get this, it’s close contact with infected people causing the spread, which the lockdown is to prevent people from getting it and bringing it home to their close contacts.
At this point I’m hoping people are just ignoring your posts, myself I need a break from reading your drivel so I’m blocking you.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"

Return to “General Comments”