Inflation is coming...in a big way.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, ahramin, sky's the limit, sepia, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Inflation is coming...in a big way.

Post by rookiepilot »

Get ready....for exploding food prices, triple digit oil prices.......and many other things.

Interest rates? An explosion higher...one day....maybe.

5% inflation....maybe higher.

It's coming. Just keep in mind.....

The below chart? Is what Trudeau and policymakers are staring at.
ECBT_ZS #F_M -- SOYBEANS.png
ECBT_ZS #F_M -- SOYBEANS.png (119.3 KiB) Viewed 3991 times
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by rookiepilot on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
780Pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Inflation is coming...in a big way.

Post by 780Pilot »

Ill take triple digit oil prices any day of the week lol. If that happens we can actually start paying off some of the federal and provincial debt. Jokes aside food prices are already reported to be going up without question.

rookiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rookiepilot »

780Pilot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:00 pm Ill take triple digit oil prices any day of the week lol. If that happens we can actually start paying off some of the federal and provincial debt. Jokes aside food prices are already reported to be going up without question.
Food prices are the #1 issue for social stability, and for destructive poverty, in the developing world.

It is the height of irresponsibility, for any politician to ignore this fact.

Inverted2
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Inverted2 »

8)
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 pm Get ready....for exploding food prices, triple digit oil prices.......and many other things.

@Cessnadriver50

I agree 100% with what you said. The Trudeau money printing is going to come back to haunt us big time.

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

Of course inflation is coming. That is an inevitable consequence of "money printer go brrrrrrr". We printed money today and will pay it back with taxes tomorrow, but in the meantime a large liquid injection of money has the tendency to dilute the pot, no?

I don't know if the alternative would have been better, though.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
rookiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rookiepilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:29 pm 8)
rookiepilot wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:46 pm Get ready....for exploding food prices, triple digit oil prices.......and many other things.

@Cessnadriver50

I agree 100% with what you said. The Trudeau money printing is going to come back to haunt us big time.
Trudeau's is a zit compared to others. He's just following.....

Remember, it's what the people want that matter. Politicians -- are just a lens.....always...

rookiepilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rookiepilot »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:30 pm Of course inflation is coming. That is an inevitable consequence of "money printer go brrrrrrr".
That's not correct.

Trillions in Money has been printed since 2008. It's not nearly that simple.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Triple digit oil prices?

Too bad Frontier wasn't approved.

dhc#
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by dhc# »

Donald wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:54 pm Triple digit oil prices?

Time to buy CDN energy stocks...

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

RedAndWhiteBaron wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:30 pm ...

I don't know if the alternative would have been better, though.
If by the alternative, you mean people dying in the hallways outside the full ICUs I think that's coming anyway. The steps we are taking are putting a bunch of people out of work who weren't spreading the virus anyway, and the lower income, mostly immigrants, who live in higher density housing, take high density public transport to work, and work in higher density service industry, manufacturing, and otherwise "essential" jobs aren't being protected at all. We still aren't doing anything major to protect the at risk population who are still sharing rooms in understaffed old age care facilities. We are pissing away the chance to fix this, pissing away Billions on dollars we don't have, and by the time there are enough vaccines to go around it will be too late to make a difference.

Inverted2
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Inverted2 »

dhc# wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:14 pm
Donald wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:54 pm Triple digit oil prices?

Time to buy CDN energy stocks...
Once the Turd and the Lieberals are on their way out yes (fingers crossed). Justin is staunchly anti oil.

oldncold
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by oldncold »

The liberal govt. cares. that was the quote from justin over 100times. in the house of Commons

here is the reality.

carbon tax has raised the cost gasoline electricty for food growing manufacturing and transportation by nearly. 1300 net $ in 3 yrs. this as hurt every family. every student and first nations remote resident. rise up. the only thing justin didn't give relief on during this pandemic was carbontax why? govt is 1trillion in the red debt out of control yet even if voters. thru the libs out ofoffice tommorrow justin would collect a 200k pension for life. he don't give a flyng fk. about you. wake up

RedAndWhiteBaron
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RedAndWhiteBaron »

oldncold wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:02 pm The liberal govt. cares. that was the quote from justin over 100times. in the house of Commons

here is the reality.

carbon tax has raised the cost gasoline electricty for food growing manufacturing and transportation by nearly. 1300 net $ in 3 yrs. this as hurt every family. every student and first nations remote resident. rise up. the only thing justin didn't give relief on during this pandemic was carbontax why? govt is 1trillion in the red debt out of control yet even if voters. thru the libs out ofoffice tommorrow justin would collect a 200k pension for life. he don't give a flyng fk. about you. wake up
I'm sorry, what?

Please reformat in a readable form.

I will dance the sky on laughter-silvered wings.
palebird
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by palebird »

And then what? They just numbed their minds and became like the majority? You don't like the message that our "leader" is a buffoon? Too bad.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

palebird wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:01 am And then what? They just numbed their minds and became like the majority? You don't like the message that our "leader" is a buffoon? Too bad.
I don't care what you think of Trudeau. I'm not a huge fan either but I certainly wouldn't describe him as a buffoon, not like a certain face-painted clown down south anyway. It's the juvenile name calling that betrays any sort of intellectual assessment of the man or his party. Trudope, Turdeau, Lieberals.

I mean, come on, you're like the mean girls club in highschool.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

oldncold wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:02 pm
I think you don't understand the difference between gross and net. The federal carbon tax is revenue neutral, so the net cost to the average family is $0. (It is different here in BC, as we have our own carbon tax, which is not revenue neutral).

mijbil
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by mijbil »

Rockie wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:13 am

I don't care what you think of Trudeau. I'm not a huge fan either but I certainly wouldn't describe him as a buffoon, not like a certain face-painted clown down south anyway. It's the juvenile name calling that betrays any sort of intellectual assessment of the man or his party. Trudope, Turdeau, Lieberals.

Is this what you are referring to by face painted clown?
BTW, I think most of us are not JT fans as we make do with our McJobs and maybe CEWS waiting for a re-start while other countries have supported their aviation industry. What you are seeing in some of the more vitriolic comments is rage and frustration at a drama queen with little clue. What is required is a leader with at least a semblance of a plan other than shovelling CERB etc out the door with little idea where it might be going to.

Attachments
trudeau_blackface_3.jpg
trudeau_blackface_3.jpg (76.81 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

mijbil wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:30 am
CEWS waiting for a re-start while other countries have supported their aviation industry.
Air Canada has received $492M from CEWS, which is more than any other public company (4x more than the next highest amount paid to any other public company).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/air-ca ... -1.5824950

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

mijbil wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:30 am What is required is a leader with at least a semblance of a plan other than shovelling CERB etc out the door with little idea where it might be going to.
Shovelling CERB money out the door in a hurry was an absolute necessity given how quickly the country was shut down (let's not discuss the need for that at the moment). I doubt anyone could have done better, and the government would have been justifiably crucified if they didn't take drastic, immediate measures.

But, who in your opinion is this leader with a semblance of a plan?

Inverted2
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Inverted2 »

Rockie wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:13 am
palebird wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:01 am And then what? They just numbed their minds and became like the majority? You don't like the message that our "leader" is a buffoon? Too bad.

Well you do care what we think of Trudeau or you wouldn't be replying to posts on here, now would you? If I said he and his minions have no clue what they are doing and are dividing our nation and destroying the economy would that be better? :roll:

Return to “General Comments”