Ontario Stay Home Order coming in.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Ontario Stay Home Order coming in.

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:56 pm
Rockie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:15 am
tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:51 am
If these events don’t make you at least mildly curious, you are either hyper-partisan or a bit dim.

That kids is called “projecting”. He learned from his own dimwitted bulls**t sensei who is out on his ass in five days.
I’m not going to lie Rockie, you are pretty much who I had in mind when I drafted that description. The only thing required to make it fit you perfectly is to change the ‘or’ in the second clause to an ‘and’.
I don’t believe you. I’m real, and therefore cannot exist in your (ahem) mind.
---------- ADS -----------

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Quebec is already doing this shit. It is not working. Everybody around here is doing what they are supposed to be doing. Still not working.

These authorities need to give their head a shake. It's not working.

Doing the same thing over and over again that does not work is a sign of madness.

These people need to think outside of the box. But they are not equipped to do so.

We're fucked. Not because of the virus. Because of the panic mode. Storm the exit in the movie theatre, lots of people get hurt.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:07 pm
tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:56 pm
Rockie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:15 am

That kids is called “projecting”. He learned from his own dimwitted bulls**t sensei who is out on his ass in five days.
I’m not going to lie Rockie, you are pretty much who I had in mind when I drafted that description. The only thing required to make it fit you perfectly is to change the ‘or’ in the second clause to an ‘and’.
I don’t believe you. I’m real, and therefore cannot exist in your (ahem) mind.
The fact that you feel the need to tell people you are real is quite interesting, please do go on....

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Ok, I lied. I actually am curious. Did Tom Wolf email Chairman Xi directly to create the virus, or did he order it on alibaba.com?
I believe he did a Tik Tok of some type :wink:

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

photofly wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:52 pm Ok, I lied. I actually am curious. Did Tom Wolf email Chairman Xi directly to create the virus, or did he order it on alibaba.com?
Tom Wolf got the virus from your mom....
....your mom got it from Xi.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

photofly wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:31 am
ReserveTank wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:46 am
However, they are doing it. It's not competency, it's corruption. The execution has been fraught with incompetence in some localities, but the corruption is what drives it. The general direction is maintained towards dismantling the current labour system. The big money, i.e., "foundations," steers the local and regional leaders-keeps them in their lanes.
So, every single politician, every single scientist, and every single doctor are all corrupt? And accepting, what, bribes?

You're even more whackadoodle than I imagined!
Not all, but...Politicians-most will do anything to stay in power and/or increase their influence. Scientists-The ones they allow to go on TV as the official mouthpieces. For example, Fauci has been the American government's favourite pet for a few decades. He is the go-to guy for promoting the next global infectious disease scare. Pretty much every Tik Tok hospital staff will promote this lunacy solely for the social currency.

There are many other experts with a rational opposing view that were completely shut down by all commercial media.

Corrupt people need no bribes--they're generally already vetted. Besides, we're not talking about cash in a brown envelope. Incentives aren't just monetary. Gaining and maintaining power is a motivator as is the humiliation of the loss of power. This is not a new concept.

I think people that have full faith in the system are naive and to an extent, negligent.

Last edited by ReserveTank on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

montado wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm Que Rockie who will soon double down on masks. And will also ask how pilots who should be so logical could go against the experts, and how we should just follow SOPs. . .
Speaking of which, we just received a company memo which states that even if we take the vaccine, we must still wear masks. We are officially in full retard mode.

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Covid reminds me of the drug “epidemic” of the 80s

Remember crack babies? Doctors pushed a false narrative to criminalize black women. Rather than treat drug abuse as a health issue, police were called by doctors to lock up the black pregnant women. The largest papers published this false bullshit and the mainstream belief was that crack babies was a real thing. They called it the drug epidemic, or the plague. The laws that targeted the black community by disproportionately criminalizing crack vs cocaine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/20/boom ... s-not.html

https://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4351 ... 80s-crisis

Give it a decade and we will reflect on the hysteria of covid, the media, the politics, the bullshit. Take nothing at face value as history repeats itself.

Rockie are you to young to remember the 80’s? Or were you right there standing besides all those white folks cheering on the SOP’s, the logic, and shouting to follow the experts? It is absolutely disgusting the damage that happened in the 80s and 90s and the wave still ripples through America today. Maybe people asking questions, and having healthy skepticism is a good thing?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

As entertaining as sparring with people on this site can be at times, I’m concerned when I think about what they do for a living. People with responsible jobs, who literally have hundreds of others lives in their hands, dive head first down these mental rabbit holes and don’t come back. Based solely on the characters here I would strongly support annual psychological screening to ensure commercial pilots maintain their grasp of reality.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 am Based solely on the characters here I would strongly support annual psychological screening to ensure commercial pilots maintain their grasp of reality.
Careful what you wish for.....

Oh, wait, never mind. You’re retired, so you’re safe.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 am
Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 am Based solely on the characters here I would strongly support annual psychological screening to ensure commercial pilots maintain their grasp of reality.

As usual you miss the point. I might get on your airplane someday.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 am As entertaining as sparring with people on this site can be at times, I’m concerned when I think about what they do for a living. People with responsible jobs, who literally have hundreds of others lives in their hands, dive head first down these mental rabbit holes and don’t come back. Based solely on the characters here I would strongly support annual psychological screening to ensure commercial pilots maintain their grasp of reality.
Understanding history and learning (as well as applying caution from) lessons past is not a "mental rabbit hole." I can't speak for other posters, but I present salient points based on real history as it relates to real-time events. Every time you're challenged to make 2 of your synapses spark, you shut it down and gaslight. This is in part the consequence of your exposure to junk Western pop psychology.
And of course, the cry for Daddy Government to "check" those whom you don't agree with. Useful Innocents indeed.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

It of course concerns me from a societal point of view that there are so many delusional whack jobs in the world. They've been tearing the US in half for a number of decades now culminating in the grotesque display last week. It would be foolish to think that will end.

Most specifically though, I do not want one of those nutters flying any airplane I’m on. They have lost the plot.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:11 am They've been tearing the US in half for a number of decades
You're blaming the citizenry? The people with the least amount of influence...talk about delusional.
The average person has zero power in Western sociopolitical affairs. We have lobbies and absurdly wealthy people for that.
Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:11 am grotesque display last week.
You do understand that the Capitol (not to mention multiple public and private establishments) has been "stormed" multiple times by other groups recently, yes? What would be the difference between the different events?
Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:11 am I do not want one of those nutters flying any airplane I’m on.
So be safe and never fly again. It's too dangerous for you out here where the fresh air is. Do what some doctors are saying-Stay home and wear your mask indoors around your family, especially on holidays. It's rational and logical, and besides, you're no Typhoid Mary, are you?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

ReserveTank wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 am It's rational and logical, and besides, you're no Typhoid Mary, are you?
I’m not an asymptomatic carrier who infected dozens of people? I sure hope not. If there’s a point there I’m afraid I don’t see it.

ReserveTank
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ReserveTank »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:44 am
ReserveTank wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 am It's rational and logical, and besides, you're no Typhoid Mary, are you?
I’m not an asymptomatic carrier who infected dozens of people? I sure hope not. If there’s a point there I’m afraid I don’t see it.
How can you really know? It's humanity's Dark Winter after all.
The safest thing is to quarantine and wear a mask at all times, even by yourself in the dayroom. Get tested. Even if you're negative, you still should quarantine. Get the vaccine. Even if you get it, keep wearing your mask. In four, six, eight weeks, we can beat this thing. Promise.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Some inescapable facts Reservetank.

1. Over 2 million Covid deaths worldwide in 10 months.
2. About to exceed 400,000 Covid deaths in the US - in ten months.
3 About to exceed 18,000 Covid deaths in Canada - in ten months.
4. Health care systems worldwide are on the breaking point.

All this with the measures in place that we have. I know you have a hyperactive technicolor imagination so try and picture what it would be like without measures.

My question is, what would you do to solve this problem besides killing millions more and collapsing the healthcare system completely? Because that's just not an option.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:21 am
tsgarp wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:06 am

As usual you miss the point. I might get on your airplane someday.
At which point you would be treated to the safest flight and smoothest landing of your long and storied career. You're welcome. :smt040

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:42 am Some inescapable facts Reservetank.

All this with the measures in place that we have. I know you have a hyperactive technicolor imagination so try and picture what it would be like without measures.

My question is, what would you do to solve this problem besides killing millions more and collapsing the healthcare system completely? Because that's just not an option.
But somehow overall death rate is not significantly different from the previous 3 years.

Lies,
Damn Lies,
and statistics.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:33 am
Rockie wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:42 am Some inescapable facts Reservetank.

But somehow overall death rate is not significantly different from the previous 3 years.
I don’t know if that’s true or not, but like a true rabbit hole diver you chase only the information that appeals to you and are utterly blind to the big picture around you. The health care system is on the brink of collapse. Those people did actually die, some of them while arguing with the doctor they didn’t have Covid because, you know, it’s a hoax. And all while society is taking drastic action to slow the spread, which to people like you is proof that the measures aren’t working. It doesn’t occur to that peanut in your skull that the measures are keeping things from being infinitely worse. It just can’t compute.

YOU guys think you have it all figured out. You’re dangerous to society and need to be marginalized and ignored by the decision makers. Oh, and kept away from airplanes.

Return to “General Comments”