Ontario Stay Home Order coming in.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Ontario Stay Home Order coming in.

Post by shimmydampner »

photofly wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm If you want to go to Merriam Webster, here's the first definition for "conspire":
1a: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement
And from Merriam-Webster, here's the part you conveniently omitted:
2: to act in harmony toward a common end

Come on photofly, I thought better of you than this.
---------- ADS -----------

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

photofly wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 pm And no, I'm not being antagonistic; just pointed out that you said you're not a conspiracy theorist, and then went on to describe the conspiracy theory in which you believe. Then you told me a whole load of stuff with which I disagreed. It's not antagonistic to point that out, is it?
You're deliberately misrepresenting what I'm saying. That seems antagonistic, but feel free to provide me with your cherry-picked definition of the word.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

shimmydampner wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:40 pm
photofly wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:16 pm If you want to go to Merriam Webster, here's the first definition for "conspire":
1a: to join in a secret agreement to do an unlawful or wrongful act or an act which becomes unlawful as a result of the secret agreement
And from Merriam-Webster, here's the part you conveniently omitted:
2: to act in harmony toward a common end

Come on photofly, I thought better of you than this.
Are you seriously suggesting that conspiracy has *anything* other than negative connotations? I don't think I'm going to waste time further arguing about what "conspiracy" means. We both know perfectly well.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

photofly wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:52 pm Are you seriously suggesting that conspiracy has *anything* other than negative connotations?
I regularly use the word in a manner that is not negative. It's a legitimate use of the word. After all, you brought up its definition. Well....part of the definition. Either your vocabulary isn't broad enough to include the use of the word in all its connotations, or you're playing games by cherry picking definitions as they suit you.
I don't think I'm going to waste time further arguing about what "conspiracy" means. We both know perfectly well.
I thought we did, but now I'm not convinced. Either way, it certainly is a very silly thing to argue about and I commend your decision not to do so any more.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

So......
At this point one year ago we have a booming economy and Trump is on his way to re-election while taking a hard line against China and generally burning down the establishment in the US. During this whole time members of the establishment, especially the left leaning ones, are tossing out all s new of unity, fair play and decorum in their attempts to boot Trump. Some even openly wish for an economic crash to undermine Trump.
Low and behold, out of China (the very country which Trump is giving a very hard time) comes a virus which crashes our economy and allows those governors who wish to, to implement wide spread mail in voting. When Election Day comes, almost all of those mail in votes are for Biden.
If these events don’t make you at least mildly curious, you are either hyper-partisan or a bit dim.

Pilotdaddy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pilotdaddy »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:51 am When Election Day comes, almost all of those mail in votes are for Biden.
If these events don’t make you at least mildly curious, you are either hyper-partisan or a bit dim.
Yes, mail in voters skewed Biden so it must be fraudulent.

You know what, I have an ice cream truck and the sales skew higher when it's hotter out. Winter, not so much. Of course, the only logical way to explain this is that I'm manipulating the weather so that I can increase my sales. :rolleyes:

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:51 am

That kids is called “projecting”. He learned from his own dimwitted bulls**t sensei who is out on his ass in five days.

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Well, that was five minutes of my AvCanada reading time entirely wasted.

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:51 am So......
At this point one year ago we have a booming economy and Trump is on his way to re-election while taking a hard line against China and generally burning down the establishment in the US. During this whole time members of the establishment, especially the left leaning ones, are tossing out all s new of unity, fair play and decorum in their attempts to boot Trump. Some even openly wish for an economic crash to undermine Trump.
Low and behold, out of China (the very country which Trump is giving a very hard time) comes a virus which crashes our economy and allows those governors who wish to, to implement wide spread mail in voting. When Election Day comes, almost all of those mail in votes are for Biden.
REALLY, do you actually believe what you are saying or just having a bad day. :roll: :goodman: :rolleyes:

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Well, to copy your posture, I did offer a dictionary definition: that's where Google gets it from - a dictionary. You might not agree, but it's pretty clear to me that "conspiracy" involves both secrecy and harm. You might conspire to a surprise birthday party, but that's a very ironic use of the word conspire.
Are you seriously so naive as to believe people in power don't conspire together to do things that they believe are the best things for them to do? Either for their own interests or for the interests of everyone.

Here's a very simple example for you:

Price fixing occurs when companies conspire to set the price of products or services instead of allowing the free market to set the prices naturally. Price fixing is usually either a fixed horizontal or vertical price.Sep 16, 2019
www.investopedia.com › terms › pri...
Price Fixing Definition - Investopedia

Conspiring between individuals happens all the time and not all conspiracies are necessarily for nefarious reasons.

In the example I gave of top government officials perhaps conspiring to use the pandemic to help lower out of control emissions that wouldn't be for a bad reason. It would possibly buy the world some more time to find more advanced renewable energy sources to avert a potential runaway temperature increase.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Conspiring between individuals happens all the time and not all conspiracies are necessarily for nefarious reasons.
I'm not going to argue defintions. I'm happy to go with the clear majority of the dictioniaries in which I looked, which require a two part test to be met for an agreement to be a conspiracy: 1. secret and 2. for a nefarious (definition: wicked, criminal) or unlawful purpose.

Government officials individually supporting or passing laws to, say, to reduce movement, on the pretext of reducing spread of a disease, but really for some other purpose, without discussing their individual secret purposes and without agreeing them one with another - is not a conspiracy, because there is no secret agreement between two or more minds.

Government officials passing those same laws, for the honest purposes of reducing a spread of a disease, and agreeing amongst themselves that there are beneficial side effects, is not a conspiracy: the purpose is neither secret, nor unlawful nor nefarious.

Government officials agreeing between themselves to pass laws to restrict movement in reality for the true purpose of reducing vehicle emissions, while agreeing to announce to the public, falsely, the purpose as being to reduce the spread of a dangerous infection - that would be a conspiracy. I don't believe for a second that is what is happening.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

In a attempt to break up this pissing contest I am going to put this here:

https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/01/tor ... -lockdown/

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

Wow....

Why aren’t suicide/ opioid deaths /deaths due to “ lockdown” public since the start of the pandemic? - they should be displayed alongside COVID.

I’ll leave this here too:

https://greatreset.com/?fbclid=IwAR2_hL ... EOn63Cilok

Look at the fine print:

“ lockdown was great wasn’t it? No commute, leisurely danders around to the corner shop instead of jumping into the car for every journey.......

Instead of going back to the same old, let’s continue our lockdown positive behaviors.. fill in the above and share it in car windows as a reminder.” - Greatreset.com

I’m not denying climate change. I’m questioning who is making the decisions ( the WEF/ Klaus Schwab/ elites) and who is benefiting from these policies? As well as their adherence to these policies. ( Davos summit)

montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

Que Rockie who will soon double down on masks. And will also ask how pilots who should be so logical could go against the experts, and how we should just follow SOPs. . .

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

montado wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:18 pm Que Rockie who will soon double down on masks. And will also ask how pilots who should be so logical could go against the experts, and how we should just follow SOPs. . .
I think you meant "Cue", and I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about here. Has there been some kind of revolt by pilots against wearing masks?

gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

Lets ignore the fact that in the past mail in voters have always leaned left

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

So, let's get this straight, you're saying that a bunch of left-wing governors thought the easiest way to get rid of a president they didn't like, is to get together and go to the Chinese government, ask them to invent a new virus, for which they would then wait a year to spread across the globe, merely to have the excuse to implement mail-in voting?

And the Chinese said yes, we can do that! That's a great idea, we'll unleash this on the world and cause untold economic and human damage across the globe, kill millions of people, including our own, just so y'all can get an extra few thousand votes for Joe Biden?

Really?

And if I think that sounds like the most drug-induced ridiculous flight of fancy I've ever head, and it doesn't make me remotely curious (which it absolutely doesn't), then it's I who has the problem?

Wouldn't it be easier to just ... you know, implement widespread mail-in voting?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

photofly wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:26 pm
So, let's get this straight, you're saying that a bunch of left-wing governors thought the easiest way to get rid of a president they didn't like, is to get together and go to the Chinese government, ask them to invent a new virus, for which they would then wait a year to spread across the globe, merely to have the excuse to implement mail-in voting?

And the Chinese said yes, we can do that! That's a great idea, we'll unleash this on the world and cause untold economic and human damage across the globe, kill millions of people, including our own, just so y'all can get an extra few thousand votes for Joe Biden?

Really?

And if I think that sounds like the most drug-induced ridiculous flight of fancy I've ever head, and it doesn't make me remotely curious (which it absolutely doesn't), then it's I who has the problem?

Wouldn't it be easier to just ... you know, implement widespread mail-in voting?
Well, since you put it that way, now it makes sense, I believe!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Ok, I lied. I actually am curious. Did Tom Wolf email Chairman Xi directly to create the virus, or did he order it on alibaba.com?

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Rockie wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:15 am
tsgarp wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:51 am

That kids is called “projecting”. He learned from his own dimwitted bulls**t sensei who is out on his ass in five days.
I’m not going to lie Rockie, you are pretty much who I had in mind when I drafted that description. The only thing required to make it fit you perfectly is to change the ‘or’ in the second clause to an ‘and’.

Return to “General Comments”