CANADA TO LIFT BAN ON BOEING 737 MAX ON JAN. 20

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

CANADA TO LIFT BAN ON BOEING 737 MAX ON JAN. 20

Post by rookiepilot »

Out on the wires this morning..............

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ottawa-oks- ... -1.1550218
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by rookiepilot on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: CANADA TO LIFT BAN ON BOEING 737 MAX ON JAN. 20

Post by Rockie »

Long awaited good news.

ktcanuck
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ktcanuck »

No surprises in the AD as far as could see.

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

All of social media's experts on epidemiology and vaccine production are going to have to dust off their non-existent textbooks on aircraft certification standards and tell everyone how they "won't be flying on it!!"

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

TheStig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:56 am All of social media's experts on epidemiology and vaccine production are going to have to dust off their non-existent textbooks on aircraft certification standards and tell everyone how they "won't be flying on it!!"
Already started old boy, the twittersphere is in full swing. If often wondered why the media here never emphasized the fact no North American, European carrier experienced the catastrophic issues those third world countries did with the Max. At least I didn’t see anything in this regard, however correct me there if wrong.

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

The following video presentation from Air Canada will likely be of interest:
https://canadianaviationnews.wordpress. ... ry-1-2021/

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

TheStig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:56 am All of social media's experts on epidemiology and vaccine production are going to have to dust off their non-existent textbooks on aircraft certification standards and tell everyone how they "won't be flying on it!!"
They’ll take an unproven vaccine but won’t get on the most scrutinized airliner in modern history. :?

Let’s Go Brandon
parallel60
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by parallel60 »

JasonE wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:31 am A/D is out: https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... 1-02-E.PDF
Thank you for providing this link.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

Thank God, that will reduce the number of ridiculous NOTAMs I have to sift through when going on a 50nm flight.

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

How many equivalent plane loads of people are killed on the roads each year . The most dangerous part of any pilots day is the drive to the airport and the drive home .
If they could make road vehicles as safe as aircraft the world would be a safer place .

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

The problem wasn't the plane, it was Boeing who pushed the plane out with a poorly thought out system that solved a problem that didn't really exist, all so they didn't need proper differences training.

The plane was unsafe but I would like to believe that they've got it fixed now, especially with all of the oversight put on it, this time.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:05 pm Thank God, that will reduce the number of ridiculous NOTAMs I have to sift through when going on a 50nm flight.
:D

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:05 pm Thank God, that will reduce the number of ridiculous NOTAMs I have to sift through when going on a 50nm flight.
Don’t worry, still plenty to read. The NOTAMs for Libya, Iraq, Syria and Iran are still there.

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

Air Canada's 737s were reviled by cabin crew long before the two crashes.

Lavs that are insufficient in number and size (I've heard of large guys having to slide into them sideways and pee in the sink because there isn't enough width to use the toilet), galleys that are cramped and ergonomic disasters, cabin jump seats that are large enough only for FAs in the 60s era to sit in, girt bars that are begging for unintentional slide deployment (in addition to the antiquated mechanism, it's the only plane in the fleet that doesn't disarm the door automatically when opened from the outside), and seat pitch which leaves passengers over 6 feet tall complaining will soon again be the main topics of conversation, as opposed to whether the planes will fall out of the sky.

If there ever should be a water landing in one of these things, the fact that it took many tries with trained "passengers" to get the plane evacuated quickly enough to be certified will come to the forefront, too. Rear doors that rest below the water line and 70 lb rafts that need to be retrieved out of the ceiling in the mid-cabin don't exactly give the impression of a well-thought-out airplane.

RRJetPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by RRJetPilot »

TalkingPie wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:39 am Air Canada's 737s were reviled by cabin crew long before the two crashes.

Lavs that are insufficient in number and size (I've heard of large guys having to slide into them sideways and pee in the sink because there isn't enough width to use the toilet), galleys that are cramped and ergonomic disasters, cabin jump seats that are large enough only for FAs in the 60s era to sit in, girt bars that are begging for unintentional slide deployment (in addition to the antiquated mechanism, it's the only plane in the fleet that doesn't disarm the door automatically when opened from the outside), and seat pitch which leaves passengers over 6 feet tall complaining will soon again be the main topics of conversation, as opposed to whether the planes will fall out of the sky.

If there ever should be a water landing in one of these things, the fact that it took many tries with trained "passengers" to get the plane evacuated quickly enough to be certified will come to the forefront, too. Rear doors that rest below the water line and 70 lb rafts that need to be retrieved out of the ceiling in the mid-cabin don't exactly give the impression of a well-thought-out airplane.
Everything you wrote is 100% true. At least before with everyone employed the senior citizens bid to avoid the MAX. Now all there will be is complaining from them. :? Cant wait...

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Another media induced panic that has been resolved. Cost boeing billions, and the lawyers got rich.

Except for a minor technical software correction, there was no real problem with the airplane in the first place.

What a world, one guy screws up a procedure, big company loses billions, and the bottom feeders make billions.......

I will never be rich because I can't think like these rich scumbags.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
gtappl
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gtappl »

confusedalot wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:12 pm Another media induced panic that has been resolved. Cost boeing billions, and the lawyers got rich.

Except for a minor technical software correction, there was no real problem with the airplane in the first place.

What a world, one guy screws up a procedure, big company loses billions, and the bottom feeders make billions.......

I will never be rich because I can't think like these rich scumbags.
I honestly hope you're just unaware of the situation if that's your opinion. The issue is the CORRUPTION at Boeing and the regulators and lack of oversight! Issues were brought up and people were fired.

I'm also fairly sad how at first pilots jumped the gun to shit on the crews that died trying to save the flight.

Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Human Factor »

And here I thought that I was the only guy who peed in the sink....

Will fix airplanes for food.
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

An old plumber I worked with years ago used to say “ it does not matter where you piss, just where you wash your face “ :)

Return to “General Comments”