Who is flying the vaccine

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Who is flying the vaccine

Post by pelmet »

Does it all come into Canada by military aircraft or are Canadian airlines at least getting some business(and much needed income) from vaccine deliveries?
---------- ADS -----------

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Who is flying the vaccine

Post by McKinley »

FedEx out of the USA got the contract for vaccine delivery.

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

McKinley wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:30 pm FedEx out of the USA got the contract for vaccine delivery.
So Fedex brings it over from Europe direct to Canada?

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

FedEx out of the USA got the contract for vaccine delivery.
While Fedex is US based - Morningstar is the sole source Fedex carrier in Canada. So a Canadian company is benefiting from it.

I'm not sure how they are getting here from Europe though.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

I’ve transported the Moderna vaccine provincially and it’s packed surprisingly small. With the rate it’s entering the country you could probably do the job with a daily run of a mid-size Learjet. I assume then that it’s coming over coincidental to some other flights and nobody is getting rich moving the stuff.

goleafsgo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by goleafsgo »

I’ve seen pictures of fedexs 777 in yyz bringing the vaccine over. I think ups may be flying some too

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

That question is a joke right? The answer is nobody.

We Canadians vaccinated 15,000 today. The Americans vaccinated 2,055,000. That's over TWO MILLION in one day.

Our Liberal government is a joke. Everyone in Trudeaus "clown troupe" should resign, especially the Procurement Minister and Health Minister.

Not one is actually qualified for the job they are tasked with. Vote in a part-time substitute drama teacher and this is the exact quality of leadership you get when it matters most.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

RippleRock wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:34 pm That question is a joke right? The answer is nobody.

We Canadians vaccinated 15,000 today. The Americans vaccinated 2,055,000. That's over TWO MILLION in one day.

Our Liberal government is a joke. Everyone in Trudeaus "clown troupe" should resign, especially the Procurement Minister and Health Minister.

Not one is actually qualified for the job they are tasked with. Vote in a part-time substitute drama teacher and this is the exact quality of leadership you get when it matters most.
Do you know why America has so many doses?

viccoastdog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by viccoastdog »

McKinley wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:30 pm FedEx out of the USA got the contract for vaccine delivery.
Actually FedEx Express Canada got the contract. Yes, the parent company is FedEx in the US.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/f ... 22766.html
https://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/new ... ution.html
This does not include the Pfizer vaccine, so for the time being it's only the Moderna vaccine...until others are approved. So if it's on a C-registered FedEx plane (757 through C208), Morningstar is flying it.

Blackdog0301
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Blackdog0301 »

UPS has been transporting Pfizer vaccines to the major cities, along with some of UPS’s feeder companies to distribute to the smaller cities. I myself have transported a few of these shipments over the past month as well with the 1900. There’s no more than 2 or 3 boxes of them at a time so it’s pretty simple to just add them to the rest of your usual payload.

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

RippleRock wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:34 pm That question is a joke right? The answer is nobody.

Exactly. We got the leaders we all deserve.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

The procurement minister? You mean the one with the Arts and Law degrees? I'm glad she has the position and not someone with a background in project management, logistics, business, foreign markets or international relations.
It's a great team that's been put together. End results don't mean a thing to our country as long as the thought counts, right?

That being said, I'm aware many ministers have unrelated skillsets, but it's glaringly obvious that things aren't working here. There should have been an emergency appointee to actually do the job, because I'd consider this to be marginally urgent and important....

Dh8Classic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dh8Classic »

Kejidog wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Exactly. We got the leaders we all deserve.
Don't worry, the parasites will vote him in again, many of them here. They all want taxpayers money, money, money. And even if half of them don't believe it, they will call anybody not on board the Liberal train, a racist and look the other way for all the ways they are becoming second class citizens for access to jobs, vaccines, university, etc.

As long as you get that taxpayers Money, Money, Money.

Return to “General Comments”