Worst Rated Flight School

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

xchox
Rank 5
Rank 5

Worst Rated Flight School

Post by xchox »

One Star Reviews tackles the worst flight school.

https://youtu.be/2cfzmC3gh38
---------- ADS -----------

Meatservo wrote:I just slap 'em in there. I don't even make sure they are lined up properly.
Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Worst Rated Flight School

Post by Heavy Rayn »

Pretty good video. Spin during an intro flight is probably a bit unnecessary. Someone in the YouTube comment section noted Pedro appears to be on a phone call at 8:06 in the video as well (his phone is on his lap and looks to be connected to his A20’s), around the time the reviews are brought up which seems odd. I’ve never heard of this school but those are definitely some tough reviews. Pedro seems like a nice guy.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Broken airplanes -- and a Coroner Van in the Video??

Both caused by this school? That's the link we are to assume?

Classy.

I'd be real careful if I was the creator of this video.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Heavy Rayn wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm Pretty good video. Spin during an intro flight is probably a bit unnecessary. Someone in the YouTube comment section noted Pedro appears to be on a phone call at 8:06 in the video as well (his phone is on his lap and looks to be connected to his A20’s), around the time the reviews are brought up which seems odd.
You can probably expect odd things if the "student" shows up and slaps 2 videocameras on the airplane. I don't believe a spin would have been part of the first flight if the "student" didn't ask for it. Something like "hey man, I'm making a movie, can you show me something spectacular/cool/dangerously looking?"

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Heavy Rayn »

digits_ wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:12 pm
Heavy Rayn wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:32 pm Pretty good video. Spin during an intro flight is probably a bit unnecessary. Someone in the YouTube comment section noted Pedro appears to be on a phone call at 8:06 in the video as well (his phone is on his lap and looks to be connected to his A20’s), around the time the reviews are brought up which seems odd.
You can probably expect odd things if the "student" shows up and slaps 2 videocameras on the airplane. I don't believe a spin would have been part of the first flight if the "student" didn't ask for it. Something like "hey man, I'm making a movie, can you show me something spectacular/cool/dangerously looking?"
Yeah I see that as odd for sure. I wouldn’t want to be in Pedro’s shoes as an instructor being recorded by a whole crew. Seems like a bit more than the job description states.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

Y''all so cute for thinking this has anything to do with learning to fly. This is television, baby - entertainment for the great unwashed:
https://video.vice.com/fr/show/one-star-reviews

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

The whole thing seems a bit too staged.

I hope he gave Pedro a good tip!

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Skymark
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Skymark »

Seems a real flight centre

https://www.cfc.aero/

Did seem a bit staged. Who does a full spin on an intro? At least it was an Aerobat.

Return to “General Comments”