I'm going to court

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: I'm going to court

Post by altiplano »

Maybe. But TC overreach is real. You guys are fucking stupid if you don't recognize that.
---------- ADS -----------

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL030 »

Bede wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:31 am
you can just get your hearing test done.
Way too late for that. Even if they did the test tomorrow it will be months until a human reviews the file and reinstates the license. TC has a massive backlog right now that keeps getting bigger every day. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that's recently become fit to fly but needs TC approval to start flying again. It's a sorry state of affairs.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:37 pm Maybe. But TC overreach is real. You guys are fucking stupid if you don't recognize that.
Requiring an audio gram at 55 is overreach? Fucking stupid is refusing to get one and losing your medical over it. Like refusing to pay the $55, you asked for what happens next.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

That's not what I said.

Gino Under
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Gino Under »

I don't think any licensed pilot in Canada is a self appointed judge and jury in these matters. If you are advised a hearing test is due, it’s a safe bet you have a hearing test due. Since personnel licensing oversight is left to TC, not the individual, failing to comply could simply invite enforcement action. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
We’re all entitled to our day in court but geez, an audio gram isn’t cost prohibitive.
Why would anyone rage over it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gino Under

"I'll tell you what's wrong with society. No one drinks from the skulls of their enemies!"
Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

So to prove a point that the hearing test was a waste of your time/money, you’re now going to spend far more time/money in court. You sure showed them....

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

After reading everyone’s posts....

1. Is this a troll? If so, Kudos to the OP.

Or

2. Is it a legitimate post? If so, TC might consider cognitive testing as well as an audiogram.

It is great flying with cockpit lawyers, is it not?

Accident speculation:
Those that post don’t know. Those that know don’t post
TG
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by TG »

redlaser wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:03 pm Last September I received a letter from the TC medical officer requesting I get a hearing test, I sent him back a fax letter stating that PM Doug Ford told me to stay at home because of the Coranavirus, guess what, two weeks ago I received a letter from TC who cancelled by pilot licence, So now I will go before the tribunal to fight to get my pilot licence back. the thing is there's nothing wrong with my hearing.
I had the same thing, TC requesting I get a hearing test back in August I think (I suspect clinically indicated in my case) Which I did and faxed my results back. But I never heard from them since and was wondering about.

According to your timeframe, it looks like I'm ok after all :smt040

anofly
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by anofly »

Why Why Why has the language on this forum become so extreme? ... "DISCUSSION" does not need a winner or a loser....

Aussiecat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aussiecat »

Why Why Why has the language on this forum become so extreme? ... "DISCUSSION" does not need a winner or a loser....

Pretty much the reason I only come to this forum for a quick look at the 'Jobs' section

redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by redlaser »

I'm still waiting to hear from the tribunal appeal court in Ottawa, I sent them a fax requesting a hearing on the matter, no pun intended, It pisses me off that the chief medical officer in Toronto can request a audiogram test out of the blue, like many of you said I could have gone for an audiogram and passed with flying colours, a self test with a computer application showed my hearing from 10db's to 10,000 dbs, which far exceeds the hearing requirement, my next medical examination is due in May, but in the meantime my pilot licence is suspended, I'm in good health so getting my pilot licence back is not a problem in the meantime I'll have my friends fly my plane and I can be the passanger, And to the person who said you can't win with TC, I beg to differ, They OFTEN lose.

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

I’m actually quite happy that TC does request hearing tests on the pilots who share the sky with me; god knows some of them need it tested.

By the way, joking aside, regulation 404.04(3) allows the minister to do exactly what you are fighting against.

Last edited by photofly on Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

redlaser wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 pm I'm still waiting to hear from the tribunal appeal court in Ottawa, I sent them a fax requesting a hearing on the matter, no pun intended, It pisses me off that the chief medical officer in Toronto can request a audiogram test out of the blue, like many of you said I could have gone for an audiogram and passed with flying colours, a self test with a computer application showed my hearing from 10db's to 10,000 dbs, which far exceeds the hearing requirement, my next medical examination is due in May, but in the meantime my pilot licence is suspended, I'm in good health so getting my pilot licence back is not a problem in the meantime I'll have my friends fly my plane and I can be the passanger, And to the person who said you can't win with TC, I beg to differ, They OFTEN lose.
redlaser, you keep saying the test was called for 'out of the blue'.
Why don't you confirm (or deny) that you just turned 55 years of age.
All of us that are 56 or older have gone through the requirement 'out of the blue'.
If you are indeed not 'of age' then perhaps there is some room for sympathy in your quarrel with those who issued your licence.
You must know that the first thing the tribunal will look for is your age.

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.
switchflicker
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by switchflicker »

Another thing that might help you become a Winner is to listen carefully to The Winner by Bobby Bare.
You really do sound like a Winner to me

"I'd rather have it and not need than to need it and not have it" Capt. Augustus McCrae.
photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

redlaser wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 pmIt pisses me off that the chief medical officer in Toronto can request a audiogram test out of the blue,
It may piss you off, but unfortunately for your case, the minister is explicitly granted that power in law.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.
BGH
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by BGH »

I went for my Cat 1 renewal a couple of years ago & doctor asked for a hearing test - just had one at work so I gave him the card; told me that it didn’t meet transport’s format but he would submit it to them.Their answer was a letter suspending my Cat 1 until I provided a valid hearing test so I went to a transport approved place & then submitted the new hearing test results & had my medical back within a week.

Daryl

redbusdriver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by redbusdriver »

redlaser wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 pm And to the person who said you can't win with TC, I beg to differ, They OFTEN lose.
yup, i fought them yrs ago an won. they are mostly idiots, have a solid case = ez win

SpyPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by SpyPilot »

If and when you go into this tribunal will you have legal counsel at your side or are you going to represent yourself and have an idiot for a lawyer?

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

redlaser wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:02 pm a self test with a computer application showed my hearing from 10db's to 10,000 dbs, which far exceeds the hearing requirement,
That's really loud. No wonder you don't have any hearing left. :smt040

redlaser
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by redlaser »

It's a tone like the sound on a piano, low keys high keys, nothing to do with being loud, But you already know that, 😎

Don't let your wife talk you out of buying an airplane, :D

Return to “General Comments”