737NG Booklet

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

737NG Booklet

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

One of my sim instructors once showed me his 737NG hand booklet that has all the amber and warning light descriptions as well as some systems information that would be useful during line flying, kind of a condensed “go to” FCOM for essential lights for a more direct and quick access to the information about a certain light on the overhead panel, but I never ended up buying one and now I’m kicking myself as to what it was called...does anyone have an idea what kind of hand booklet you’ve seen in the past or any good ideas as to what’s out there? I wanna brush up my knowledge as it’s been a while since we all last flew!
---------- ADS -----------

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: 737NG Booklet

Post by youhavecontrol »

You mean a QRH: Quick Resource Handbook?

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
landshark
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by landshark »

You’re probably thinking about the B737 Cockpit Companion by Bill Bulfer. This is a great book for all variants of the 737.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

landshark wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:30 pm You’re probably thinking about the B737 Cockpit Companion by Bill Bulfer. This is a great book for all variants of the 737.
I've hears the app is even better. It's $85 though so I haven't bought it.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Not the QRH..I saw the Bill Bulfer booklet online but was shocked to see the price tag on that one! That’s a whole days worth of work from my delivery job at FedEx-patiently waiting to get recalled.

FOD_Vacuum
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FOD_Vacuum »

Not the QRH..I saw the Bill Bulfer booklet online but was shocked to see the price tag on that one! That’s a whole days worth of work from my delivery job at FedEx-patiently waiting to get recalled.

AnonPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AnonPilot »

It could also be the 737 MRG. They have an app & book available. Not sure the cost.

homesick
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by homesick »

The cockpit companion guide is detailed and well presented. It’s worth the money.
I had the hard copy before the age of PEDs. Didn’t hesitate to get the app when it became available.

The MRG caters more towards handling non normals. Another valuable addition to your toolkit.

As mentioned earlier these do cost a lot but they are packed with easy to find information beyond the scope of the FCOMs.

Screw you hippies!!!!
flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

+1 for Bill's Cockpit Companion. Haven't tried the app but I feel like it'd be well worth the $85, so I'll get it.

Return to “General Comments”