TRANSWEST AIR

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

islander
Rank 1
Rank 1

TRANSWEST AIR

Post by islander »

Hey guys I need any and all info on Transwest Air out of Sask.
Entry level position, sched, maint. pay. conditiond anything that comes to mind.
Thanks a million
---------- ADS -----------

JACKASS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JACKASS »

So does every other 250hr pilot in Canada.

Good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a hint to all the pilots looking for work

theyare looking for 15-20 poositions this year

172pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172pilot »

15-20 positions? I assume lots of those positions are for the ramp as well.

codfish
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by codfish »

I just had an interview with them for a capt. position..great company

CClub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CClub »

codfish wrote:I just had an interview with them for a capt. position..great company
I don't, by any means, mean to sling sh*t here, but that's the first time I have ever heard anyone say that!

Thump
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Thump »

Buddy of mine works there, he had to put in his time, two years on the ramp but got flying... He says now is indeed the time to get in, virtually skip the ramp job (note virtually). Your likely to start on the ramp BUT only so they can have a look at yah and move to to flying pretty quick. He says one key is don't come in saying you just wanna fly, you will work on the ramp, they won't like you much otherwise. And of course have to be able to survive the lonely north.
In case you don't know yet ,at the 250hr level you just can't be picky on the jobs, good move for you, lots of movement.

Another friend moved into entry captain seat but just hated it there, moved away really quick. May have a little to do with the rest "having to put their time in first" you'll get that coming into a company and not starting at the bottom-bottom, you'll get the cold shoulder for a while, nothing beer won't fix, buy a few rounds, does make a difference as long as you don't overdo it.

Dangler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Dangler »

Great company? whaa?
If they survive the summer I will be very surprised. They are charging their airplanes well below operating costs, just to get the contracts. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that it wont last.
I feel sorry for the pilots because they will be out on their ass. I've been there before and its not fun.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Dangler wrote: I feel sorry for the pilots because they will be out on their ass. I've been there before and its not fun.
Their pilots or their rampies waiting to move onto the flight line?

Slick Fork
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Slick Fork »

I too would like some info on Transwest, as I have a bit of a dilema in front of me. I have an interview with Transwest this week, but also have a small charter operator who is very interested in me. I'm not going to count my chickens before they're hatched, but if I get an offer from both of them which would I be better off with. Other company has made it clear that I will not be a full time pilot, but will get some time in the company AC (Partnered with a hunting outfitter so lots of flying to do) I appreciate any advice you guys might be able to give me.

SerialKiller
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SerialKiller »

Last edited by SerialKiller on Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beaver Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Beaver Driver »

If they survive the summer I will be very surprised
I think I've heard that about them every year for at least the last five years, yet they seem to keep getting bigger???????????

flyinthebug
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flyinthebug »

LOL BD, I hear ya! You`d do well to get on at TWA. They`ve been around for MANY years (under a few names) and there not going anywhere anytime soon. This industry KILLS me. The rumours some people think up are amazing. TWA is on much more solid ground then most realize. If you have a shot with them, for god sakes take it, and lets quit slamming companies that have given sooo many of us a start, not to mention a CAREER. TWA has career pilots there. Its really not so bad, and im pretty sure they`ll be here at the end of the season and for many to come. Cheers.

*edit for PS*
No, I dont work there, and never have. We compete with them for the same business infact. They just dont deserve the rumour mill getting started by a few people that have NO IDEA whats really going on. As I said, decent company, good people there, you could do ALOT worse.

dxprguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dxprguy »

Flyinthebug...

I have to agree with you on all points, I am tired of negativity from people who seem to have an axe to grind... This company has been around for years and I have only heard good things about TWA... a very professional operation with people to match..

And no folks I do not work for them and never have...

Return to “General Comments”