Pilot Shortage

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Pilot Shortage

Post by Blueontop »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:39 pm Guys, the stock market is about to implode, along with the real estate market. We are on the verge of hyper inflation. In two years no one is going be able to afford to fly. There will be no shortage. We are all toast.
OMG :shock: what should we do???
---------- ADS -----------

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

tsgarp wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:39 pm Guys, the stock market is about to implode, along with the real estate market. We are on the verge of hyper inflation. In two years no one is going be able to afford to fly. There will be no shortage. We are all toast.
Yeah my financial planner is moving my investments to lower risk on Monday. He’s been right in the past and says bad times are coming. I don’t care about real estate as much as I have paid my house off but I can’t imagine having a mortgage and owing more than your house is now worth. I don’t see aviation going to pre WuFlu levels anytime soon. The travel restrictions and inflation aren’t helping our industry at all.

Let’s Go Brandon
montado
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by montado »

I wonder what loads are looking like this winter for leisure travel. I have a few friends who were booked but are canceling their plans because the Rona policy just makes it a little to difficult to want to travel.

I think people want to travel, but they aren’t going to bend over backwards to make a trip happen.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:15 pm
Yeah my financial planner is moving my investments to lower risk on Monday.
Curious how that is defined.

Hot Wings
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Hot Wings »

As heard from your YouTube investment guru?

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

montado wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:24 pm I wonder what loads are looking like this winter for leisure travel. I have a few friends who were booked but are canceling their plans because the Rona policy just makes it a little to difficult to want to travel.

I think people want to travel, but they aren’t going to bend over backwards to make a trip happen.
Test positive before you leave somewhere, and you’re stuck for 14 days. Now you’re on the hook for accommodations and food. That would make for an expensive trip. No thanks!

Let’s Go Brandon
tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Blueontop wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:10 pm
OMG :shock: what should we do???
I thought that was obvious… stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass good bye.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

Clearprop913 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:38 pm I am very curious to hear everyone's different thoughts on how fast the Pilot shortage will become an issue again. After coming up on over 18mths of a pilot surplus.

How long roughly until the famine becomes a feast again?

Do you think it will become such an issue smaller operators are forced to close doors?
I think the start of the shortage will happen again if a large group of pilots get canned over the vax mandate.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

Invertago wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:40 am I think the start of the shortage will happen again if a large group of pilots get canned over the vax mandate.
Has there ever been a time when a Canadian airline had more openings than applications ?

Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

Haha come on now. Seriously stop being so negative. This hyper inflation isn't going to happen. People will start travelling again as soon as they can. By spring 2022 airlines will be hiring like crazy again.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Launchpad1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:08 pm Haha come on now. Seriously stop being so negative. This hyper inflation isn't going to happen. People will start travelling again as soon as they can. By spring 2022 airlines will be hiring like crazy again.
That’s a pipe dream.

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Launchpad1 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:08 pm Haha come on now. Seriously stop being so negative. This hyper inflation isn't going to happen. People will start travelling again as soon as they can. By spring 2022 airlines will be hiring like crazy again.
I hope you are right, but I suggest you hedge your bets and start learning Chinese.

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

rookiepilot wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:31 pm
Inverted2 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:15 pm
Yeah my financial planner is moving my investments to lower risk on Monday.
Curious how that is defined.
hahah Yeah I had the same thought.

Most would take that to mean selling equities and going to cash, but that's FAR riskier in an inflationary environment.

Market timing is for suckers.

I've been enjoying the dip, but then I like sales. :mrgreen:

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
Launchpad1
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Launchpad1 »

I hope you are right, but I suggest you hedge your bets and start learning Chinese.
I would actually like to be able to speak Mandarin, it sounds great as a language. With the way their economy is starting to look though I think I'll be ok sticking to English (and Japanese if I ever get round to learning it).

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

tsgarp wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:04 am
Sure, just as soon as I learn how to speak Mexican. :roll:

tsgarp
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgarp »

Launchpad1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:35 am
I would actually like to be able to speak Mandarin, it sounds great as a language. With the way their economy is starting to look though I think I'll be ok sticking to English (and Japanese if I ever get round to learning it).
Spoken Japanese is not to hard, written Japanese is a bit of a challenge. I always like the sound of German.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

tsgarp wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 am
Spoken Japanese is not to hard, written Japanese is a bit of a challenge. I always like the sound of German.
Kraftfahrzeug-Haftpflichtversicherung JA! 🍻

This place with our professional economy and market forecasters is more depressing than following COVID stats.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:01 am
tsgarp wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:48 am

Kraftfahrzeug-Haftpflichtversicherung JA! 🍻

This place with our professional economy and market forecasters is more depressing than following COVID stats.
And we wonder why talent are dropping like flys 🪰 🤣

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

goldeneagle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:56 am
Invertago wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:40 am I think the start of the shortage will happen again if a large group of pilots get canned over the vax mandate.
Has there ever been a time when a Canadian airline had more openings than applications ?
I hear 1972 was a good year. Pretty much shit since then.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

co-joe wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:00 pm
goldeneagle wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:56 am
I hear 1972 was a good year. Pretty much shit since then.
Pretty much

Return to “General Comments”