Aircraft Sale & Brokerage

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Aircraft Sale & Brokerage

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Besides Controller, Hopkinson Aero, Heli-Hawk Canada, what other aircraft broker / sales companies websites would you suggest for helicopters and airplanes?
---------- ADS -----------

Heavy Rayn
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Aircraft Sale & Brokerage

Post by Heavy Rayn »

For browsing purposes kijiji isn’t bad. You’ll have to weed out some unrelated ads. I’d recommend sorting search results by price high to low and this will help.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Heavy Rayn wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:29 pm For browsing purposes kijiji isn’t bad. You’ll have to weed out some unrelated ads. I’d recommend sorting search results by price high to low and this will help.
…… there’s aircraft on Kijiji! That’s hilarious!

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Why? It’s just a website for bringing together sellers and buyers.

Houses should be on kijiji rather than MLS.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:44 pm Why? It’s just a website for bringing together sellers and buyers.

Houses should be on kijiji rather than MLS.
I agree, real estate agents should be banned in Canada like several of the states have imo

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

Barnstormer is a great site to view predominantly GA aircraft that are for sale. It can be filtered to Canadian sales only if you wish however the prices are usually in USD

SeptRepair
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by SeptRepair »

Facebook, where you can join a group of any particular aircraft. For example I belong to a Pa28 group and a Mooney group. There are numerous aircraft for sale every day and it gives a very good idea on the thoughts of people on prices of whether they think something is too high or not. I use it to gauge aircraft values at any particular moment. Also I read recently Vertical is working on a website strictly dedicated to helicopters for sale.

How can you tell which one is the pilot when you walk into a bar?....Don't worry he will come up and tell you.
digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

For airplanes you probably have the marked covered if you look at barnstormers, kijij and trade-a-plane. Maybe the copa ads website, but that's very frustrating to browse through.

Controller might have stuff not listed on the other websites, but it's usually overpriced quite a bit. So for small sub 100k aircraft, there is usually no point in following controller.

The facebook groups can be quite frustrating. And I've never seen an aicraft advertised there that wasn't on any of the other websites. Facebook might be useful if you know exactly what you are looking for, and are trying to find some off-market deals.

Don't know about helicopters. Also note that a seller that uses a broker will very likely demand a higher price than someone who sells privately. A broker costs (quite) a bit of money, and has close to zero added value to a private buyer.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:47 pm
Heavy Rayn wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:29 pm For browsing purposes kijiji isn’t bad. You’ll have to weed out some unrelated ads. I’d recommend sorting search results by price high to low and this will help.
…… there’s aircraft on Kijiji! That’s hilarious!
Bought and sold my PA28 on kijiji.

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Barnstormer's is time well wasted if your in the market for a GA airplane.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

Based on the sites that the OP's mentioned, my guess is that he's in the market for something bigger than a PA28. Not too many jets listed on Kijiji and FB.

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

Bede wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:17 am Based on the sites that the OP's mentioned, my guess is that he's in the market for something bigger than a PA28. Not too many jets listed on Kijiji and FB.
There may be an occasional BD-5J, but I am sure that’s not what s/he’s looking for either. And based on your username you probably knew that too…

That being said, there are some rather surprising ads on FB/Kijiji, but those are probably listed elsewhere, or are a scam.

sunk
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by sunk »

C&S Enterprise, bought and sold through them many times.

Return to “General Comments”