CZBB Boundry Bay Airport - About Friggen time!!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

CZBB Boundry Bay Airport - About Friggen time!!

Post by ScudRunner »

Looks like their finally going to develop Bounday Bay Airport, IMHO this should have been done a decade ago. This airport has so much potential that it hasnt ever relized. Check out there master plan lets hope they follow through.

http://www.czbb.com/plan.htm

---------- ADS -----------

SkyWolfe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SkyWolfe »

Yeah - that'll be nice :D

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

vroom vroom airplanes

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Last edited by altiplano on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

altiplano wrote:I wonder how they'll explain it to the people in nearby neighbourhoods who complain that they moved in next to an airport...

Idiots :roll:
ROFL.. I wonder how long till you can only land between 11am and 3pm local due to noise abatement(sp)

Jude
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Jude »

About time eh......the schools right now look quite shabby compared to anywhere in the rest of the world... in order for the airport to have a more international image they gotta expand their flight schools...train more pilots especially pilots from india and china on a larger scale, which means campus buildings, dorms, cafeterias..and real classrooms...

mikegtzg
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mikegtzg »

But that little restaurant there has good cheap food. If all that happens the prices will go up.

BlueSkies12
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BlueSkies12 »

If you want good cheap food i guess you'll just have to go to Chilliwack. Try the pie. But watch out for the weekend warriors who have no idea how to enter a circuit...

At least it'll be warm in hell...
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

This has been in the works since prior to Alpha Aviations take over of the BBAC. Good to see them moving ahead with plans, but I still think it will be a long while before anything comes to fruition.

Did I not hear that they lost the grant to extend the runways?

I wouldn't count on anything too soon. Maybe by 2010 we'll see some development :wink:

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

I used to work at the YVRAA and worked partly on the strategic plan for hte Vanc. Intl. airport. YVRAA at that time (5 years ago) was fully counting on the fact that ZBB would become a major hub for regionals once YVR reached capacity with long haul. Not the greatest geographic location, but nonetheless the solution that YVR is looking for long term. Look to YVR to be pushing for the ZBB runway extensions in the future and maybe some DH8 type service in 15 or 20 yrs or so.

Then all those people who moved into the vicinity of the airport will really be crying foul!!! :P

oldtimer
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by oldtimer »

Just watch prices go through the roof. Everyone with a small airplane will move out. That could be good and it could be bad. Depends.

The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

that is a possibility, for sure. But I think ZBB is, or I should say will be well enough eqquipped to handle both GA and small regionals. Having said that, if ZBB does start to price out the little guy, we are lucky in the lower mainland to have many GA airports besides ZBB. YPK, YNJ and YXX could all easily handle much more GA activity.[/i]

Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 337 »

The Skyway restaurant is awesome... Rudy could work on his customer service skills though. He used to greet me with .."hey chubby, gonna have a cheeseburger today...". :smt106

I suppose I was never too offended though because I alwas did get the burger.

Dex
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Dex »

It would appear that since Alpha Aviation took over the airport the rental car companies will not deliver a car to the airport for a one day rental. Used to be the rental car company would drop the car, keys, and papers to the airport manager or gas guy, you would fly in and see the manager or gas guy to sign the papers and get the keys and drive away. Maybe it is a coincidence but it is annoying not being able to fly in and have a rental car waiting for a day trip.

Dex
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Dex »

And if I could complain about something else :cry: it would be their poor web page design. Not Firefox friendly!! rant over

flynfiddle
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by flynfiddle »

Ok people let's talk baby steps here first, how about a water fountain? A fella could dry up and blow away in that place if you didn't have $1.25 to buy a bottle of water.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

that's what happens when your main terminal is modular trailers. they gotta at least do something about that terminal.

Return to “General Comments”