ATAC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

ATAC

Post by Cat Driver »

Does anyone know what ATAC does for Aviation?

I need some examples for some research I am doing related to the flight training industry.

Cat
---------- ADS -----------

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

Mission

To support our members in the pursuit of a safe, world-leading and competitive Canadian air transport industry.

Objective

• Promote safe and reliable air transportation of people and goods to the benefit of Canadian society.
  • Consult and cooperate with all Government and regulatory authorities seeking the advancement of improvement of commercial aviation.
  • Promote and advocate for the commercial air transport industry.
  • Encourage a regulatory framework that recognizes enterprise and imagination in providing safe and competitive air transport services.
  • Provide excellent and cost-effective services to our members.
  • Promote professional operational standards and sound business practices by the membership.
  • Inform the public about the industry and its views in an open and factual manner.
  • Communicate matters of interest to our members in a timely and clear manner.
http://www.atac.ca/about_atac/index.html

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

Sounds quite similar to what CAAP is supposed to be about. But I haven't really heard of ATAC actually doing anything. The only good I've seen is their directory of flight schools for perspective students to peruse.

N8
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by N8 »

To boot, I think all that stuff about flight schools on the ATAC web page is copy and pasted from Transpost Canada's web page.

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

Actually they do send flightschools a form to fill out. I have personally filled one out in the past.

arsenal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by arsenal »

Does ATAC not represent Companies rather than CAAP representing Pilots?

Return to “General Comments”