Arrogance

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

I'd Rather Be Flying
Rank 3
Rank 3

Arrogance

Post by I'd Rather Be Flying »

There aren't many things I dislike more about this industry than the cocky and arrogant pilots and passengers!

Those who know me understand that I'm a patient, understanding, and reasonably bright pilot and person, but that I AM NOT ARROGANT. Why do people insist on being jerks?!

Some of these people think they know it all....and most do not. If you have nothing to do with the operations going on around you, then shut your pie-hole and let the pilot do his/her job!!!

End of rant.

:evil:
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by I'd Rather Be Flying on Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Come down, your head is in the sky, feet on the ground...come down."
ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

If you don't have anything positive to say, or the subject at hand has nothing to do with you, then shut your pie-hole
And the above rant was positive or useful in what way? :)

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Useful, it told everyone not to call the chap arrogant..

Please refer to him as Mr. =)

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

... I AM NOT ARROGANT...
I don't know man, that sounds like a pretty arrogant thing to yell at the top of your lungs. :) Who are you talking about anyway?

gelbisch
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Arrogance

Post by gelbisch »

I'd Rather Be Flying wrote:There aren't many things I dislike more... than the cocky and arrogant... passengers!
my favourites are the know-it-alls. the ones that interrupt when you try to brief them on use of the emergency exit, giving you a knowing wink and a nod as they advise that they've "heard it many times." and then they ask how many pistons are in the pt6 beside them. and then you hear them telling their wife that it's the gear coming up when they hear the flap motor running. at the end of the flight they ask how what "elevation" you were flying at, and then comment that they didn't think such a small airplane could go so high. :lol:

a grizzled old air canada captain told me he once had a passenger crossing the pond who was concerned that "the sun was on the wrong side of the plane." :roll:

gotta love the clueless aviation enthusiasts! :D

CPS1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CPS1 »

Insecurity and low self esteem.
That's why know it alls tell you that they know it all. :oops:
They are also looking for your approval.
Let them interupt you, let them finish, it will make them feel better and if you can be a therapist without saying a word you should be proud of yourself.
Of course there is the odd person that needs to talk to the hand and need a verbal tune up but that's life.

Respect the weather.
Lookout for other traffic.
Fly safe.
CPS1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CPS1 »

I once was landing in T.O. on 06 right. The controller asigned us to turn off on one of the first exits to the left that was so backed up with traffic I knew we were not going to be able to get clear of the active. I called the controller up and suggested a different exit due to the ground traffic and he strongly said NO I want you off on Charlie 3 or what ever it was. I read back his instruction, landed taxied up behind a Dash and stopped having not been able to get accross the hold line and called the controller up on tower to clearly state that we were not clear of the active due to traffic. The longest period of dead air I've ever heard from the Toronto tower followed. The next call was to Speedbird XXX pull up and go around. 747 400 it was. I though my point was made.

Respect the weather.
Lookout for other traffic.
Fly safe.
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Arrogance

Post by ... »

I'd Rather Be Flying wrote:There aren't many things I dislike more about this industry than the cocky and arrogant pilots and passengers!

Those who know me understand that I'm a patient, understanding, and reasonably bright pilot and person, but that I AM NOT ARROGANT. Why do people insist on being jerks?!

Some of these people think they know it all....and most do not. If you don't have anything positive to say, or the subject at hand has nothing to do with you, then shut your pie-hole and let the pilot do his/her job!!!

End of rant.

:evil:

I'd Rather Be Flying
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by I'd Rather Be Flying »

Thanks for posting your picture Birddog.

"Come down, your head is in the sky, feet on the ground...come down."
N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Too funny Dog! :D

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Birddog,

I have to ask; How much time do you spend on the internet to find sites like dogdoo.com? And why?

Not complaining as it provides a laff, just curious. :D

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

That is easy...........

He is probably sitting on red alert at some OMNR tanker base in a snow storm, if he does not play cards or play with himself he has to do something. :D :D :D :D

Lets be nice to B.D.

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

Cat Driver wrote:That is easy...........

He is probably sitting on red alert at some OMNR tanker base in a snow storm, if he does not play cards or play with himself he has to do something. :D :D :D :D

Lets be nice to B.D.

Cat
You know the system all to well :wink: but at least I got a tan!!

pogeypilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pogeypilot »

LOL....FUBAR...shit that was a good one!

Return to “General Comments”