Toronto Aerial Pics

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

l_reason
Rank 6
Rank 6

Toronto Aerial Pics

Post by l_reason »

I thought I would share a few shots I took at about 8:00 pm on my way home from CNL3 à CYXU on Monday evening. Nice calm flight home after a long day working. Puts a smile on my face when I think of what I get to do for a living.

Cheers

---------- ADS -----------

Miss Mae
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Miss Mae »

Nice pics!!, what kind of camera are you using?

l_reason
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by l_reason »

Thanks
Sorry Miss Mae don’t like to share what kind of camera I use because I take aerials for a living and it’s a competitive business. But I'll share how to get a petty good shot using your camera. Set the shutter speed at 1/800 or faster (sport mode on some cameras) and open the window don’t let your arm touch the door or window frame.

SierraPoppa
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SierraPoppa »

l_reason wrote:Sorry Miss Mae don’t like to share what kind of camera I use because I take aerials for a living and it’s a competitive business.
What a load of Bullsh*t.

If you don't like to share what kind of camera you use then perhaps you should learn just a bit more about post processing before you post them.

You have left in the EXIF data that gives all the relevant information. :D

The following info is for your shot of the "Skydome"

Camera: Canon EOS 20D
Serial Numer of Camera: 730400985
Shutter priority mode
Shutter speed: 1/800 sec.
F Number: F4.0
ISO: 400
Focal length: 73mm
Flash not fired.
White Balance: Auto

A guess at the lens: 70-200mm f4L

Nice pics by the way.

Last edited by SierraPoppa on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Just curious as to how you can find that data out! Just for my own interest nothing more.

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
hydro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by hydro »

With XP, Save the image to the desktop, then right click the image -> properties -> summary.

SierraPoppa
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SierraPoppa »

N2 wrote:Just curious as to how you can find that data out! Just for my own interest nothing more.
Little program called Exifer for Windows.

Below is quoted from the website:

"Exifer is a nearly free software (you only should send me a postcard if you're using Exifer frequently) with which you can manage the metadata (EXIF/IPTC) of pictures taken by digital cameras."

Free download here: http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

SierraPoppa
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SierraPoppa »

hydro wrote:With XP, Save the image to the desktop, then right click the image -> properties -> summary.
That will give you most of the info Exifer will give it all. :D

Bugz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bugz »

It's nice to know that even though I_reason specifically didn't want his equipment to be made public (whether he knew it was or not), I'm glad to see you guys decided to show how computer savy you are and took the initiative to reveal this information. I glad to see we all have each other's backs :roll:

SierraPoppa
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SierraPoppa »

Bugz wrote:It's nice to know that even though I_reason specifically didn't want his equipment to be made public (whether he knew it was or not), I'm glad to see you guys decided to show how computer savy you are and took the initiative to reveal this information. I glad to see we all have each other's backs :roll:
Oh and this information is going to put him out of business?

I think not.

unregistered
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by unregistered »

l_reason wrote:Thanks
Sorry Miss Mae don’t like to share what kind of camera I use because I take aerials for a living and it’s a competitive business. But I'll share how to get a petty good shot using your camera. Set the shutter speed at 1/800 or faster (sport mode on some cameras) and open the window don’t let your arm touch the door or window frame.
What's the name of your business? Ontario based I'm guessing?

flyindude
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Toronto Aerial Pics

Post by flyindude »

l_reason wrote:I thought I would share a few shots I took at about 8:00 pm on my way home from CNL3 à CYXU on Monday evening. Nice calm flight home after a long day working. Puts a smile on my face when I think of what I get to do for a living.

Cheers

Nice shot of the Rogers Center with the roof open. Looks like Blue Jays fans came out in droves to cheer their hometown heroes.

A bathroom without a magazine is just a toilet.
flyindude
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by flyindude »

SierraPoppa wrote:
Bugz wrote:It's nice to know that even though I_reason specifically didn't want his equipment to be made public (whether he knew it was or not), I'm glad to see you guys decided to show how computer savy you are and took the initiative to reveal this information. I glad to see we all have each other's backs :roll:

I think not.
No, but now he doesn't look that smart in front of his friends.

A bathroom without a magazine is just a toilet.
Bugz
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bugz »

I think not.
Probably not, but's it's good to know that you lack the maturity to know when to keep your yap shut.

Do you want everyone to be awestruck because you're so SMRT?

SierraPoppa
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by SierraPoppa »

Bugz wrote:

I think not.
Probably not, but's it's good to know that you lack the maturity to know when to keep your yap shut.

I could give a rats ass as to whether you or anyone else on this forum think I'm smart or not.

None of the information I posted is going to identify the individual concerned unless he is stupid enough to be using his real name on this forum.

The OP was stupid enough to make a silly statement about his camera and the fact he didn't want anyone to know what it was. Embarrassed? I don't know, there’s certainly no need to be.

I was just letting him know that if he indeed is trying to be a professional and protect his work then he needs to learn some post processing skills to eliminate the EXIF before he posts his work on the net.

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Bugz wrote:

I think not.

Then none of us would have jobs, or know the work conditions of companies.....

I'll take SierraPoppa's side in the matter, he is a people person.... =)

Bugz
Rank 2
Rank 2

that

Post by Bugz »

There is a difference between asking the working conditions of a company and having people offer their opinions and advice, versus posting information after someone has clearly stated that he/she does not want the information to be made public. If I said that I do not want to post my real name (which most of us do not) would you go and try to find it, and then post it. Or would you be mature enough to inform me that there are ways for others to find my name so that I might be able to protect that information?

I don't care whose side you take. The point I'm trying to make is that we should at least try to repsect others request. That is all I have to say on this matter.

arewethereyet
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by arewethereyet »

now that i have that information, i am definately going to by a new king air and that camera and start up a new aerial photo business. i think i will take the first few shot over iraq. or maybe over a topless beach.

SierraPoppa
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: that

Post by SierraPoppa »

Bugz wrote:

There is a difference between asking the working conditions of a company and having people offer their opinions and advice, versus posting information after someone has clearly stated that he/she does not want the information to be made public. If I said that I do not want to post my real name (which most of us do not) would you go and try to find it, and then post it. Or would you be mature enough to inform me that there are ways for others to find my name so that I might be able to protect that information?

I don't care whose side you take. The point I'm trying to make is that we should at least try to repsect others request. That is all I have to say on this matter.
Oh for gods sake give me some credit for being at least as smart as you accused me of being.

All I did was post information that he had already, knowingly or unknowingly posted within the pictures.

If he had his name there I would not repeat would not have posted that.

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

SP you were well within your rights to post what you did...if someone has no idea as to what they are doing that is their fault and not yours. Thanks for the info!

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!

Return to “General Comments”