Listing of Airline Salaries in the USA

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pickleswitch
Rank 1
Rank 1

Listing of Airline Salaries in the USA

Post by pickleswitch »

http://www.airlinepilotpay.com/

Check out Delta's Senior Captain Salary. I think you could live comfortably on that in Atlanta, Georgia.
---------- ADS -----------

hz2p
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by hz2p »

What's interesting is that there is a inversely proportional relationship between what a pilot earns, and the financial health of the airline.

Hmmm.

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

hz2p wrote:What's interesting is that there is a inversely proportional relationship between what a pilot earns, and the financial health of the airline.

Hmmm.
Another stupid 'pilot salaries are the cause of airline's woes' comment. :roll:

Have you actually looked at the numbers? Based on the info from that site, a 12 yr Southwest 737 Capt. makes $165,400 + profit share while a 12 yr Delta 737 Capt makes $180,200 + no profit share.

By your simplistic reasoning SW should be right on Delta's heels to financial ruin. Last I checked they were doing quite well.

Many airlines in Canada and the US have failed when paying substantially less than the top levels. Mismanagement is always a far bigger player than salaries. Salaries are just the easiest target.

hz2p
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by hz2p »

You just can't buy entertainment like this :lol:

A union's definition of "bad management" is one that agreed to their demands :shock:

How about I agree with you, that a company's expenses has nothing to do with their profitability?

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

hz2p wrote:...

How about I agree with you, that a company's expenses has nothing to do with their profitability?
Did I say that? You stated that a companies financial health was tied to the wage the pilots earned. I disagreed that wages are the root of the problem.

The point is, a companies expenses extend far beyond the wages paid.

Return to “General Comments”