Rant for today

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Nimbostrartus?

Where is the answer key or what are the correct answers?
---------- ADS -----------

Schlem
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Schlem »

sky's the limit wrote: I beg to differ....

It's the "nutbar" Christian Extremists in the White House that are making the world the way it is.... The more scared you are of your toothpaste, the more power they have. The "terrorists" are a nice little excuse to push an agenda, that much has become very obvious.
This didn't start when the Bush family came into power although they have certainly propagated it with thier own "mideast instability get rich from oil scam"... go back to post WW2 when Israel was given their land and the Palestinians were forced out. That and the west's continued support for Israel over the last 50 years is the root cause of this whole mess and it isn't going to go away in our lifetime.

nimbostratus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by nimbostratus »

sky's the limit wrote: As for profiling, you seem to fit the perfect stereotype for the ignorant Albertan.... Well done! King Ralph will be so proud, maybe you'll get $150 for your vote next time...

STL

Oh, I almost forgot... You actually quoted Forrest Gump??? We're in much worse shape than I first thought.
I got $400 last year, does that mean this years cheque will be less??

P.S. "That's all I've got to say about thaaa-aaattt" :D

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes!

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
Give him a mask and he will tell the truth." -- Oscar Wilde
sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

Schlem,

Agreed, but that is a broad look. I was referring to the current U.S. administration's fixation with P.N.A.C., or Project for the New American Century.

While you are 100% correct in your statement, this doesn't just start at the late 1940's with the creation of Israel, but can be traced much further back through the era of the British Empire's handling of the whole area. The creation of Israel certainly aggrevated it, and their siezure/occupation/retention of Palestinian lands outside the original defined borders, in the 1960's, has lead us to the present issues. It always amazes me that the people here throwing the word "Terroists" around, are the first ones to proclaim they'd grab "the Ole 12 Gauge" and defend our borders any way they can.... one man's Terrorist is another's Freedom Fighter.

The current group of Zealots in the White House have a specific agenda to establish the United States as a unilateral Power in the coming decades. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Perle amoung others, have written extensively on this topic prior to ever coming anywhere near their present positions. Here is a good synopsis of the general idea:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le1665.htm

And you're also right in that it's not ending in our liftimes. An equal or strong Arabian Middle East is not good for U.S. business....

STL

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
- William G. McAdoo

172pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172pilot »

STL,

why do you hate King Ralph so much? just curious when there are so many other worse leaders in this country (think calvert in Sask)

tellyourkidstogetarealjob
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tellyourkidstogetarealjob »

Schlem wrote:
... go back to post WW2 when Israel was given their land and the Palestinians were forced out. That and the west's continued support for Israel over the last 50 years is the root cause of this whole mess
Right.

The mideast under the Ottoman Turks was a real lovefest prior to the evil west bullying them out in WW1.

The Arabs adored being ruled by their Muslim brothers for half a millenium and showed it in so many ways.

Return to “General Comments”