AC New First Class

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Lowjack
Rank 4
Rank 4

AC New First Class

Post by Lowjack »

I just came across this pic on a.net of the first of the 763's with the new 'XM' interiors. Looks pretty sweet to me! I would assume the 777's will get the same treatment delivered?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1120995/M
---------- ADS -----------

abc xyz
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by abc xyz »

looks comfy but - i have to wonder with the seats on an angle a) what sort of view do you get out the window. b) what sort of sensations will you get by having to look at the sidewall while flying instead of the direction of travel.

Also they are assuming no one likes to interact while flying. I guess the verdict will come down in yrs to come.

Just an average man doing heroes work
Lowjack
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Lowjack »

True but they are following the lead of others like Virgin, Emirates, Gulf and many others to which this layout has worked wonders for. Keep in mind they are going after the business traveller here, someone who is more focused on either working on board or getting some actual rest.

Jeremy Kent
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jeremy Kent »

From what I understand, this config. has been around for many years, too... not like it's a brand new idea.

No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by No Conflict »

Wouldn't it be better to have them angled towards the windows? THis would give more privacy for someone paying the big $$$...

ZBB118.10
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ZBB118.10 »

Nice, but not exactly up to competition standards. This type of seating looks very similar to BA's Club World, which is one tier below BA's "First" cabin which is even more luxurious. BA are about to operate a daily service from Calgary to London and now have 2 flights a day out of YVR. And news on the rumour network is that Virgin are knocking on the door under the "open skies agreement" to start flying to Canada also. I assume that AC will be using this cabin on Intercontinental flights only? AC might just be getting a reality check at this rate... :roll:

A shit leopard never changes its spots boys...
whiteguy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by whiteguy »

ZBB118.10 wrote:Nice, but not exactly up to competition standards. This type of seating looks very similar to BA's Club World, which is one tier below BA's "First" cabin which is even more luxurious. BA are about to operate a daily service from Calgary to London and now have 2 flights a day out of YVR. And news on the rumour network is that Virgin are knocking on the door under the "open skies agreement" to start flying to Canada also. I assume that AC will be using this cabin on Intercontinental flights only? AC might just be getting a reality check at this rate... :roll:
BA's YYC service is 5 times a week not daily. Virgin used to fly to YYZ, I think they quit after 9/11. And that cabin will be in all wide bodies except the 340s. Some YVR-YYZ flights are 330s or 763s so you'll see it on some domestic routes as well.

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

AC is going to have to do more to upgrade their product that just a new cabin. AC has a global reputation for having poor flight attendants. Rude, old and fat.

bmc
ZBB118.10
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ZBB118.10 »

AC is going to have to do more to upgrade their product that just a new cabin. AC has a global reputation for having poor flight attendants. Rude, old and fat.
Yep, and this was the case with other world carriers until recently (UK = BA, British Midland) But times have changed there and things are getting waaay more eye candy... :wink: AC is a bit slow on the up-take. I can personally speak for the changes in Europe... :wink: :D

A shit leopard never changes its spots boys...
The Raven
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by The Raven »

This thread is erroneously titled. These seats are Air Canada's new International Business Class seats, not First Class.

Air Canada doesn't offer a First Class cabin. Only 2 cabins, Business and Economy.

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

That makes sense. AC hasn't had a first class cabin in years.

Very few routes support first class product to justify it.

bmc

Return to “General Comments”