Flight Sim 10....... a review

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Elessar_44
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Elessar_44 »

Man, thats pretty nuts you are buying dual 7950s. You must have lots of disposable income hehe. I would also suggest waiting for DX10 at this point but its your call and your money :)

Also the game may not be multithreaded for those of you wondering why it doesnt make use of your second core.
---------- ADS -----------

Raybanman
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Raybanman »

Elessar_44 wrote:Also the game may not be multithreaded for those of you wondering why it doesnt make use of your second core.
Excactly. Its stupid. Why put something out right now that doesn't take advantage of dual core? I have older games that make use of the second core - Games that came out before dual core systems where mainstream!

Cheers,
PP

Some people are like slinkies: Not much good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Dockjock
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dockjock »

This thread should be retitled FUTURE 40-YEAR-OLD VIRGINS OF CANADA. You are all hereby inducted. :twisted:

ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ei ei owe »

When's pay day at PAG? Should we start looking for trends between video game software bragging and pay schedules? Jesus. When do you guys get your 8 hours of sleep?

Everything comes in threes....
ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ei ei owe »

hail hail the medevac captain/bachelor lifestyle
bachelor ????

More like womanless-supreme-ruler-of-the-uderground-computer-flight-sim-weiners!!!!

Not angry Juicy, just envious of your position! :lol:

goates
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by goates »

FSX is multithreaded so it will use multiple cores for those that have them. It however doesn't use multiple threads for much more than loading scenery textures in the background, so you won't see much use on the second core. If you search you can find the developers' blogs that explain this better.

As for SLI, the game is very heavily dependent on the CPU, not the video card. Upgrading to the new Intel Core 2 Duo processors would do more for performance than cards in SLI. Several people have run comparisons with and without SLI, and there was little difference.

Flightsim.com is another site to check out for FS add-ons and tips for tweaking the sim.

goates

PS - And for those wanting to download it for free, this one requires activation like Windows XP, so you may have to wait a while until some figures out how to hack this.

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Lost footage of cpt sweet'njuicy

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Hey, I just found video footage of cpt sweet'njuicy after he tried FSX for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ1UxhGeu_0

JL
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by JL »

Isn't it gontch? I have heard it referred to as gotch, but only from people from Saskatchewan. CSnJ, are you from Saskatchewan?

Major Nasty
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Major Nasty »

Holy F, that was the funniest video I have ever seen. I couldn't see it clearly through the tears. By the way, just bought Fighterstick through Amazon (best deal)....awesome joystick

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Re: Lost footage of cpt sweet'njuicy

Post by . ._ »

Pratt X 3 wrote:Hey, I just found video footage of cpt sweet'njuicy after he tried FSX for the first time.

Dude, that was so fucking SWEET!

-istp :lol:

ei ei owe
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ei ei owe »

That can't be Juicy....There's chicks around listening to him! However, them crying after hearing him talk is reasonable.

jahoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jahoo »

Cool review. Does one still have to stand on the rudder during the turn???

Edelweiss air
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Lost footage of cpt sweet'njuicy

Post by Edelweiss air »

Pratt X 3 wrote:Hey, I just found video footage of cpt sweet'njuicy after he tried FSX for the first time.

:o :lol: :lol: Holy crap that is funny. I coudn't stop laughing. :)

Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Dust Devil »

JL wrote:Isn't it gontch? I have heard it referred to as gotch, but only from people from Saskatchewan. CSnJ, are you from Saskatchewan?
WTF kinda retard says gontch? Sorry that was degrading to mentally challenged people because even they know it's not gontch.

SKYTRAILS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SKYTRAILS »

I cant believe this post has gone on for 3 pages!!!!

Why don't all you F*&#in' computer geeks spend the $65 on beer instead of a stupid game, climb a crane, and jump. You'll experience some wicked aerodynamics as you fall to the evermore detailed pavement below. Enough of this shit. YOUTUBE.com is calling..........

Riverman
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Flight Sim 10....... a review

Post by Riverman »

cpt sweet'njuicy wrote: So how does FSX do on this machine, ever driven over bad washboard on the road?...just like that. Sitting on runway 36 in ywg in a Baron 58 with clear skies I get 12 fps out the window. If you dont know, 20 frames per second is consdered the lowest that can exist till the eye detects the flickering of the image.
Did anyone notice that even the TV commercials look choppy and appear to be running at a low frame rate. Even Microsoft doesn't have a super computer capable of running this thing. :shock:

taxiway_matthew
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by taxiway_matthew »

dont forget its been made for DX10 and Vista, Im sure it'll run better with a DX10 capable video card, and what not.

JL
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by JL »

Dust Devil...google gonch and open your eyes to a whole new world out there.

Beothuk1
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Beothuk1 »

I can't help but picture that Captain S&J as the guy in the commercial who says "I am not a pilot...I am not a pilot"

:shock:

YWGVOR
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by YWGVOR »

taxiway_matthew wrote:dont forget its been made for DX10 and Vista, Im sure it'll run better with a DX10 capable video card, and what not.
Actually its coded for DX9 and will require a patch (now theres a famous M$ word...) for DX10... and when M$ claims DX10 will yield a "6-8 times increase in performance" they are absolutely correct... 0 frames per second X 6 times increase still gives me no performance increase...

Return to “General Comments”