What's Up With Voyageur???

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FlightFX
Rank 1
Rank 1

What's Up With Voyageur???

Post by FlightFX »

Any idea whats up here? Why is Voyageur highering this much this time of yr?
I can understand movement, but come on, some-things shaking here!
---------- ADS -----------

Timone123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Timone123 »

From what I've heard thay are having a real hard time holding on to their pilots once the bond is up.

rezassasain
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rezassasain »

ya well maybe if they treated there empolyees better. like really a 8500 bond and they dont pay you until your year is up. shit you loose money on the interest and your only makin 28k a year. so your payin off a bond and eatin fuckin rice and kd livin in some shit hole. thats for you buddy.
give me a shout

“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.”
FlightFX
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FlightFX »

Aaahh! That makes much sence, nobody likes to eat fuckin rice and kd.
Where do those guys mostly move onto?
I suppose you could log some good time seeing as you have the opp. to advance to the CRJ, or even the Dash7, if you're able to hold on that long.
Thanx for the scoop rez.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Well, the wage they aren't paying probably has a great deal to do with it...

Would you like to live where they're flying and sign a bond for a King Air for 26-50K? :lol:

Or how about a Dash freeekin 8 for 48-73? :lol: :lol:

No thanks!

Kosiw
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Kosiw »

For the african tours on the Dash 8, they are paying way way way too low for the bs one would have to deal with over there.... and $50/day in perdiems is crap....I am aware that the UN has paid other contractors over $100/day in perdiems....sounds like the company pockets half, and you get the other half for all the risks of being there.... :smt068

Gravity always wins
rezassasain
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rezassasain »

[quote]I suppose you could log some good time seeing as you have the opp. to advance to the CRJ, or even the Dash7, if you're able to hold on that long

That sounds pretty cool if the company actually did that but instead they hire from out of company and pass over those king air guys cause they cant find people to fly them. and how about that bond on the dash cant remember the actual number but i think its around 12k.

“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.”
NU DASH
Rank 0
Rank 0

VAL Africa and Hiring

Post by NU DASH »

Well hiring for expansion, duh new airplanes means more pilots. Thats was easy. As for the AFrica pay, if someone knows what we should be paid please let me know. The pay as it stands is better than you can make anywhere in Canada flying a Dash 8 unless you are very senior at Jazz. Monthly with overtime etc will come close to 2 times what you make at home . If thats not enough then please enlighten me as to what is enough. Thanks.

Tropics Mikey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tropics Mikey »

NU DASH -- One day very soon VAL will do something to temper your enthusiasm for them and maybe that day you'll have a little more sympathy for all the hard working KingAir guys they passed over for you....

bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by bcflyer »

Just out of curiousity what does the pay for a Dash-8 Captain doing the Africa contract work out to? The job posting makes it look like it tops out at 72000.00. Thats less than what a 6yr captain at Jazz would make. Not exactly real senior. Jazz pays basically the same perdium (49/day), has a good pension, good benefits (including one of the best pass programs around) and you'll never be away for more than 4 days. I don't know much about VAL so I'm curious to know.

NU DASH
Rank 0
Rank 0

VAL

Post by NU DASH »

Well I didn't start on the Dash so that might or might not apply. And I can't start at the pay that Jazz pays I made that 14 years ago flying in the bush.

redbeard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by redbeard »

What joke, pretty low pay for being in one of the most volotile places on earth...be lucky to come out alive.

WetJet
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by WetJet »

This company goes fishing for resumes every few months. I know of a few well qualified twin turbine captains that got offered jobs on the Dash, and then quit their jobs only to find out that the only available position was as King Air F/O! Supply and demand dictates how shittily (I know that might not be a word) a company will treat it's pilots, so for once please don't give this company an oversupply of resumes!!! This kind of scumbag operation will keep sticking it to pilots as long as they are flooded with resumes. DO NOT APPLY THERE!

Timone123
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Timone123 »

Hey just to clarify, I was looking at their job ad for the King Air and the pay is listed as 26K for FO. As far as I know and unless the pay has changed (yeah right) in North Bay FO pay is a measly 24K and Capt is an even more measly 36K . The 26K and 50K to my knowledge are for the dedicated bases - YTS & YXL. FYI.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

WetJet wrote
This company goes fishing for resumes every few months. I know of a few well qualified twin turbine captains that got offered jobs on the Dash, and then quit their jobs only to find out that the only available position was as King Air F/O! Supply and demand dictates how shittily (I know that might not be a word) a company will treat it's pilots, so for once please don't give this company an oversupply of resumes!!! This kind of scumbag operation will keep sticking it to pilots as long as they are flooded with resumes. DO NOT APPLY THERE!
Gotcha! they are unethical, pilot abusing monsters. Dont flood them with resumes. Actually none would be good...teach them a lesson.

and, ah by the way, would you have the email address that all of us should not be applying to?

I would suspect that your post will result in them getting twice as many apps as normal. It is the way of the pilot.

Valhalla
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: VAL Africa and Hiring

Post by Valhalla »

NU DASH wrote:Well hiring for expansion, duh new airplanes means more pilots. Thats was easy. As for the AFrica pay, if someone knows what we should be paid please let me know. The pay as it stands is better than you can make anywhere in Canada flying a Dash 8 unless you are very senior at Jazz. Monthly with overtime etc will come close to 2 times what you make at home . If thats not enough then please enlighten me as to what is enough. Thanks.
You can make just as much as a starting salary flying dash 8s out of YTZ. Mind you, the island residents may be just as dangerous as the rebels and bandits in Africa.

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: VAL Africa and Hiring

Post by wallypilot »

NU DASH wrote:Well hiring for expansion, duh new airplanes means more pilots. Thats was easy. As for the AFrica pay, if someone knows what we should be paid please let me know. The pay as it stands is better than you can make anywhere in Canada flying a Dash 8 unless you are very senior at Jazz. Monthly with overtime etc will come close to 2 times what you make at home . If thats not enough then please enlighten me as to what is enough. Thanks.
At this point, though, don't you think that the pay should more reflect where you are working, the fact that you are away from home for long periods, and the risks of the environment you are working in? Yes, it might be par for Dash 8 pay in Canada, but it's crap compared to other overseas operations. You can make much more money than that flying surveys in navajos and caravans with better per diems and shorter rotations.

And as for the 36K for KA captain, is this really true? If it is, that's crazy. I can't believe that someone who is qualified to fly KA would even accept that job.

WetJet
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by WetJet »

trey kule wrote: I would suspect that your post will result in them getting twice as many apps as normal. It is the way of the pilot.
I doubt it. This company goes fishing for resumes every other month. There are lots of similar operators in Ontario that pay more and offer a better schedule. 36K for a King Air Captain? I made that much flying a 206 in Southern Ontario!!!

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

It's true, in the past guys flying the 100 in Oshawa didn't take a pay cut coming to jazz. There are others out there like Keystone who pay that poorly as well

NU DASH
Rank 0
Rank 0

VAL

Post by NU DASH »

OK fair enough , the C206 and Caravan might pay well. How much do they do for your resume at Westjet or Air Canada. Two crew 705 experience is the most valuable experience you can have if you want to leave the 206/208 survey world forever. Just my opinion. Oh and dispatch and a real airplane just makes it easier.

Return to “General Comments”