TC sends Collection Agency after me

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Meathead
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Meathead »

I just emailed The Minister and my own MP. I'll keep you all informed of there response.
---------- ADS -----------

Never Question Bruce Dickenson!!!!
ski_bum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ski_bum »

Got the letter today, BASTARDS@@!!!

Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Dust Devil »

I just got it as well.

//=S=//

A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Except for me and Meathead, baaaaa! Baaaaaaa! Send the letter, the dickheads have e-mail and most of you seem to be able to write something, so send the letter. Don't just roll over and offer your other side. Complain! Its an unfair tax. Even if your employer pays it, its money he can't give you!

If you have proof that you paid and you still got the letter, get a lawyer to write a letter to TC and threaten them! It will cost you $50, but that's cheaper than the medical fee that you are all prepared to pay.

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Highflyinpilot
Rank 8
Rank 8
Location: Holy Hell, is that what you look like in the morning

Post by Highflyinpilot »

Got one today also. owing 55$.

Is that even legal, I got no warnings or paper stating that I owe them 55$ in a whole year and a half, now all of a sudden I get this collection agency shit.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Stephen Harper, Lawrence Cannon and the Standing Committee.
mintc@tc.gc.ca, Harper.S@parl.gc.ca, TRAN@parl.gc.ca

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
harddeckflyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Count me in

Post by harddeckflyer »

Edit

Last edited by harddeckflyer on Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAT
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TAT »

I have to agree this is horsesh**. No letter or anything notifing of their intent to send you to a collection ageny.

I just happened to be in downtown toronto yesterday and i went directly to collectcorp. I was concerned that this "Defaut" was going to be listed on Equifax or Trans, i was assured that they do not list with them.

I myself am pissed at this 55 dollar fee that gives us absoultly **** all

I will be writing a letter as well to everyone or anyone that will listen...

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

Nothing happens in a vaccum.

How do we find the names of the individuals who thought up this Orwellian scheme?

Anyone besides me want to know their names?

Why should they be allowed to make these draconian decisions and be hidden from their employer ( read us ) safe and secure from the contempt with which most of us would hold them?

Anyone else like to know their names and job description??

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

TAT wrote:I have to agree this is horsesh**. No letter or anything notifing of their intent to send you to a collection ageny.

I just happened to be in downtown toronto yesterday and i went directly to collectcorp. I was concerned that this "Defaut" was going to be listed on Equifax or Trans, i was assured that they do not list with them.

I myself am pissed at this 55 dollar fee that gives us absoultly **** all

I will be writing a letter as well to everyone or anyone that will listen...
ok so they are a collections agency that's not list'd?...how does that work?
Is that common?

Cod Father
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Cod Father »

Cat Driver wrote:Nothing happens in a vaccum.

How do we find the names of the individuals who thought up this Orwellian scheme?

Anyone besides me want to know their names?

Why should they be allowed to make these draconian decisions and be hidden from their employer ( read us ) safe and secure from the contempt with which most of us would hold them?

Anyone else like to know their names and job description??

I would be filling Access to Information Requests ASAP. Bureaucrates HATE it when that happens. Go after things like the contract between the TC and the agency, e-mails, meetings minutes, dates, reports.

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

Good call Cod. If you got a letter, you might also want to contact the local news. Most of them have a touchy-feely underdog story every week. You could also make mention of how it's just more taxes that do nothing, like the taxes that pay for CATSA... see how we kill 2 birds!

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

Wonder if the Toronto Star and fellow news papers would be interested in this one...

I've called the company twice already and left a message for them to get back to me with a TC invoice #. Nothing yet.

I'll be writing my letter now too...

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Cod Father wrote:I would be filling Access to Information Requests ASAP. Bureaucrates HATE it when that happens. Go after things like the contract between the TC and the agency, e-mails, meetings minutes, dates, reports.
You could start waaaaay back on Page 2 where I posted some of that contract information...

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Hey! Better late than never! I just got my nastygram in the mail.

Now, the problem is, it's been so many years since I paid it, I honestly have no clue which $55 this refers to. It doesn't say, either.

Oh well, I guess I can't pay it then, if I don't know what it's for.

pitot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitot »

Got mine a couple days ago, called Collect Corp. and they said they dont send anything to the credit bureau cause it costs money. So for me I guess one of the burning questions is did T.C send it to them to trash my credit. Anyone hear if it was?

bigsky
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by bigsky »

If I understand some of the posts correctly, some of you are getting letters from the collection agency before you have had the chance to pay your invoice. I think one person posted that the collection agency had sent them a letter before their medical date!!

I think this borders on harassment. I think that any legal firm would enjoy the challenge of taking the govt. to court on a harassment case.

Me thinks that this whole process is a result of a mis-programmed computer..might be wrong but this collection deal seems to be running off the rails.

There is no substitute for BIG JUGS!!
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Not being computerly enhanced, can some of you wiser in that field develop a poll for this site.
My suggestions would be a. Did you get a collection letter
b. did you get a collection letter and already had paid the bill
c. did you wirte the minister to complain

I dont know if polls allow multiple answers but it would be good to have an idea how many emails were sent to the minister. I talked to the local media folks back home and if there is a sufficeint number of complaints (their criteria), they will see it gets print in Alberta.

ski_bum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ski_bum »

I have tried calling Collectcorp, 4 times this morning, everytime no one is there to answer my call, they want me to leave a message with my phone number, etc.

I would think in dealing with something like this, being a collection agency, you'd want to have enough staff to answer the bloody phones, WTF...

ski_bum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ski_bum »

Update.. 10:30am Central, the phone rings you get there gay message then it hangs up on you. No more chance to leave a message. Anyone else get this?

One Pissed Off Joe

Return to “General Comments”