TWOTTER PPC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

SQ

TWOTTER PPC

Post by SQ »

where ?
how much ?
---------- ADS -----------

nightguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by nightguy »

You dipshit!!! Have you seen the state of the industry these days? You don't need to buy jobs! God another person bringing the rest of us down. No one give this guy a job!!! Stay away from Borek you dipshit!

The FCU is a BFM
Jeremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jeremy »

Someone wants to fly in the Carib. or Mal.

Offset
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Offset »

where ?
Yellowkinfe
how much ?
At least a year, maybe two.

If you want a PPC on the Twin Otter, go and put in your time like everyone else. There's too many dockhands in Yellowkinfe and elsewhere that have put in their time and have earned that ticket.

Hoov
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hoov »

You're kidding right? Might as well give bj's for a living you whore.

I carry my crucifix
Under my deathlist
Forward my mail to me in hell
Liars and the martyrs
Lost faith in The Father
Long lost in the wishing well

Wild side
SQ

Post by SQ »

don't get nervous like girls you all :roll:
I was just curious about the prices and the places
I won't buy my job as i have never done that before and I'm conscious that it is a way to take this industry down...

but thanks anyway. :wink:

pilotbc69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pilotbc69 »

Buying a PPC for a twin otter PPC = buying a job

Hope this is a troll

just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

where ?
how much ?
This would be available at any 703 or 704 company which operates DHC-6's who have hired you, and completed the required company training (Indoc whimis tdg, etc), provided they have an approved groundschool, and authorized training staff.

The cost to you is a 10% loss of your mid-range hearing over a pro-longed period, say 5000 hours, if a non-ANC headset is used, as well as some lower-back weakness due to the seat design, and the lifting required in a low-roofed cabin.

Hope this helps.

MrMerth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MrMerth »

An acute disorder know as De Havilland back

Offset
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Offset »

I don't think this guy is capable of spinal injuries

Jeremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jeremy »

MrMerth wrote:An acute disorder know as De Havilland back
Laugh...starts with the -2...and only gets worse!

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

Too funny sanjet.. I hope it gets around.. I'll certainly be using that one for CID...

mileagejunkie
Rank 1
Rank 1

TWOTTER PPC

Post by mileagejunkie »

this fucker's trawling boys, dont bite

SQ

Post by SQ »

HA HAAAAAAA YOU ALL PUSSIES JUST CANT STAND OTHERS TO HAVE JOB U CANT HAVE 'CAUSE YOU'RE TOO FUKIN STUPID !!!!!

LOOK AT JUST CURIOUS ANSWER / NOT EVEN A WORD ABOUT INTENTION HE DON'T GIVE SHIT ALL A CP WANT IS PILOT NOT WAINNING SISSIES LIFE IS TOO HARD PLIIIISE GIMISOMEWORK I CLEANED SHIT FOR 2 YEARS & MY KNEES HUUUUUURTS !!!!!

WHAT THE @#$! YOU THINK CP ARE EXPECTING FROM YOU ?????

SOME HAVE A DAD IN THE Co?
OTHERS BUY PPC
ITS THE WAY IT GOES........................................................................
:wink:

short bus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by short bus »

Think 748HO just outed himself...........

Hoov
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Hoov »

Wow, I thought 748ho left us, good to know the dumbass hasnt cracked his last beer. I hope he is just flyin a 172 that way he can only take himself out.

I carry my crucifix
Under my deathlist
Forward my mail to me in hell
Liars and the martyrs
Lost faith in The Father
Long lost in the wishing well

Wild side
just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

SQ,

I took the time to read your earlier posts, so I will take my time and give you a serious reply, since my humourous one sailed over your head. Humour doesn't always translate well.

You may have come to the conclusion that buying a PPC is considered bad form. It is.

More to the point, at least in the twin otter world it doesn't do you much good. Pouquoi alors...? I'll tell you. The world of Otters in Canada is very very small. Air West, Borek, Tindi, ASW, Osprey Wings, TW, LabAir.

So, let's say you found a place that would say "Okay give us 10 grand and we will PPC you, then you can go away and look for a job". Arriving at a company with a PPC, you still need to do the company transfer training. And with the exception of AirWest, move into a crew house.

No matter how busy a job is, you will always have time to chat. If you are new, the conversation always turns to where are you from, and what did you do before ABC Air?

You can't lie and say "I worked for Air West, Borek, Tindi, ASW, Osprey Wings, TW, LabAir" Someone in the company will have worked there. Plus, the small details of how to operate the aircraft will be lost on you.

For you, the job has now become a hassle because your co-workers both captain and co-pilot will dislike and distrust you, because you represent change, and a disruption of the system.

For the company you have just become a problem because of the disruption to their system. THey now have sullen Ramp Rats, and in-fighting with their crews.

The end result is that your job experience is unpleasant, and promotion is not likely.

There are companies outside of Canada that hire pilots who have a course at Flight Safety on the Twin Otter. This is a very thorough ground-school and simulator session that:
  • if you had been an employee of a company running twin otters in Canada,
  • and you had completed the company exams,
  • and the company had listed Flight Safety Canada as an authorized training provider in their ops manual
  • And you had completed a PPC ride in the sim with a TC inspector or a CCP...
Would have given you a PPC on a DHC-6.

Taking training on a DHC-6 at Flight Safety will make you a more technically savvy DHC-6 pilot when you are hired on at a company and do their training and orientation. But, where you are now in your career, it won't guarantee you a job at a Canadian company.

Companies like to hire PPCed applicants. But at locales like Yellowknife where every FO has started as a rampie, it doesn't happen. They will occaisionally take a 10000 hour captain from somewhere else.

All of this having been said, I've seen pilots show up at our groundschool who have never been rampies, and rampies who are being upgraded. At this point in the hiring cycle, you may very well not have to be a ramp rat. Depends on you and how you present yourself. But buying a PPC will not be of much help to you.[/list]

MrMerth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MrMerth »

Well put!!

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »