What is with you people?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

dreamin'
Rank 0
Rank 0

What is with you people?

Post by dreamin' »

I have been following a lot of threads and posts on Avcanada and I notice that in almost every thread, it turns into a pissing war and people start bickering like I've never seen. To be honest, to see many of you, both established members and new posters, ranging from widebody captains to crop dusters, going at it like children is shameful and disgraceful. To see people in this profession act unjust and totally unprofessional is just so embarassing.

Someone posts pictures of the new AC 777 and the further down the posts I go, the more bitching I see

Most of what I see is a lot of guys knocking others less experienced and kicking them when they are down. Disgraceful. You should be grateful you get to fly.

I lost my vision in my right eye because of an accident when I was a teen and my hopes and dreams of flying turboprops and jets are now down the shitter. I'm looking for no sympathy here, nor do I want it, but to see the way you act on this forum is embarrassing. So many of you take your status for granted. If I had it my way, I'd make sure those of you who constantly express your shitty attitudes would never be given the right to fly.

To those that contribute and give their time to help others, I thank you. I saw xsbanks resume help thread and personally the service he is offering is fantastic. I have not tried it for obvious reasons but to see someone offering help in that way makes for the few bright spots on this already shameful forum.

yes im bitter, yes im angry...you dont need to point any of that out

To those who are starting out in this industry, I wish you ALL the best in your careers and hope you make it where you want

Okay I'm done..flame away.
---------- ADS -----------

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I met a monocular pilot at Borek, and he's able to operate as a captain with a few restrictions. You may not have to give up on that flying career after all... If you really want to. Personally I'd favour just about anything else if you have the drive.

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Re: What is with you people?

Post by desksgo »

dreamin' wrote:I have been following a lot of threads and posts on Avcanada and I notice that in almost every thread, it turns into a pissing war and people start bickering like I've never seen. To be honest, to see many of you, both established members and new posters, ranging from widebody captains to crop dusters, going at it like children is shameful and disgraceful. To see people in this profession act unjust and totally unprofessional is just so embarassing.

Someone posts pictures of the new AC 777 and the further down the posts I go, the more bitching I see

Most of what I see is a lot of guys knocking others less experienced and kicking them when they are down. Disgraceful. You should be grateful you get to fly.

I lost my vision in my right eye because of an accident when I was a teen and my hopes and dreams of flying turboprops and jets are now down the shitter. I'm looking for no sympathy here, nor do I want it, but to see the way you act on this forum is embarrassing. So many of you take your status for granted. If I had it my way, I'd make sure those of you who constantly express your shitty attitudes would never be given the right to fly.

To those that contribute and give their time to help others, I thank you. I saw xsbanks resume help thread and personally the service he is offering is fantastic. I have not tried it for obvious reasons but to see someone offering help in that way makes for the few bright spots on this already shameful forum.

yes im bitter, yes im angry...you dont need to point any of that out

To those who are starting out in this industry, I wish you ALL the best in your careers and hope you make it where you want

Okay I'm done..flame away.
Always nice to meet a fan.

dreamin'
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dreamin' »

co-joe wrote:I met a monocular pilot at Borek, and he's able to operate as a captain with a few restrictions. You may not have to give up on that flying career after all... If you really want to. Personally I'd favour just about anything else if you have the drive.
co-joe,

as another member kindly pm'd me, I mentioned to him I have more health problems other than the eye injury which prevents me from an aviation medical or any pilot license. Spoke with TC and my av doc, seems I am SOL.

Its okay, I'm still happy with my life regardless of this setback

desksgo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by desksgo »

dreamin' wrote:
co-joe wrote:I met a monocular pilot at Borek, and he's able to operate as a captain with a few restrictions. You may not have to give up on that flying career after all... If you really want to. Personally I'd favour just about anything else if you have the drive.
co-joe,

as another member kindly pm'd me, I mentioned to him I have more health problems other than the eye injury which prevents me from an aviation medical or any pilot license. Spoke with TC and my av doc, seems I am SOL.

There has been a lot of good stuff brought to light on this board regarding our industry. I think you're letting a few bad posts spoil the positive nature of this site. Try reading a little bit further. Try reading about Widow's pursuit of justice, or Cat driver's drive to make us all a little more aware. Perhaps you missed our mentorship forum, or all of the job direction given out. Perhaps a post about one of our favourite's unfortunate mishap out in BC and the outpouring of well-wishers? Oh no, you missed that.

You roll in here and start pissing on our community with your first post? You best keep rollin'.

dreamin'
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dreamin' »

desksgo wrote:
dreamin' wrote:
co-joe,

There has been a lot of good stuff brought to light on this board regarding our industry. I think you're letting a few bad posts spoil the positive nature of this site. Try reading a little bit further. Try reading about Widow's pursuit of justice, or Cat driver's drive to make us all a little more aware. Perhaps you missed our mentorship forum, or all of the job direction given out. Perhaps a post about one of our favourite's unfortunate mishap out in BC and the outpouring of well-wishers? Oh no, you missed that.

You roll in here and start pissing on our community with your first post? You best keep rollin'.
I never failed to give thanks to those people that contribute in a positive and professional manner in my first post.

But that gets overshadowed too often by negativity and poor attitudes here. Don't call this forum your community as if it were something to relish so personally, and treat me like I'm an outsider. Just because this is my first post, it does NOT mean I haven't been reading and browsing on a regular basis.

You've probably been conditioned to put up with the attitudes on this forum which could be so much more pleasant and useful so I don't expect you or a lot of others to understand where I'm coming from, and I know a lot of people that agree, but just dont want to post in fear of gettin trashed by people on here. Me? I sure as heck dont mind, so I posted. It's time for a reality check.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

1- You have never contributed to this forum. Who are you to judge it? And then tell not to treat you as an "outsider"?

2- Really - this forum is indicative of our industry as we all complain and bitch a lot in real life too.

3- Venting on this forum is a good way to relieve stress. I think that is useful as heck.

4- I could give a shit if others are "scared" to post on here. If they're too scared to make anonymous internet postings than they have no place on Avcanada.

5- It's good you don't mind getting trashed. I like to get trashed too...

ornello
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ornello »

Wow altiplano!! Feel better now?

I am one of the ones that does not usually post. I read!! But i have to admit i lost interest in the forum because of all the negativity.

My mother used to say if you do not have anything nice to say, say nothing at all. :roll:

Just a tought!!

"...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...."
-Leonardo DaVinci
dreamin'
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by dreamin' »

altiplano wrote:1- You have never contributed to this forum. Who are you to judge it? And then tell not to treat you as an "outsider"?

2- Really - this forum is indicative of our industry as we all complain and bitch a lot in real life too.

3- Venting on this forum is a good way to relieve stress. I think that is useful as heck.

4- I could give a shit if others are "scared" to post on here. If they're too scared to make anonymous internet postings than they have no place on Avcanada.

5- It's good you don't mind getting trashed. I like to get trashed too...

While I share your sense of humour with the picture, I want to reiterate what I said. Just because my post count and join date says today, does not mean I dont know what goes on in these forums. With that said, just because I havent posted before, it does not mean I cannot make judgements. I can based on what I read and see. I dont have to become my post count to feel like I'm established on an internet 'community'. The problems on avcanada go beyong bitching and complaining. It is how some people on here treat others, and the attitudes that reflect off their behaviours.

justplanecrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by justplanecrazy »

hahaha... poor guy posts that people shouldn't be so quick to attack each other and everyone attacks him. I gotta admit I get pretty fired up on here as well at times but the 777 thread is a bit over the top and quite humerous.

-Hey look at this nice plane.
-What's nice about it?
-Who are you to judge that?
-I'm an airline captian f#*k off piss ant cessna pilot.
-Ya well I fly a plane that's faster than yours.
-Ya well in the past I flew a plane the size of texas, that went as fast as a shooting star, had stewardesses hotter than Jennifer Anistson and my willy is so large that my pants have three legs, and the biggest one doesn't have a shoe on the end.

This is a typical conversation between two accomplished type A personalities, just like every other thread. Welcome to Avcanada, if you're offended by this, you're probably not a type A personality and if you're not a type A personality than you're probably not a pilot. Sad but true and I can't say that I'm above it either.

Last edited by justplanecrazy on Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.
— Dr. Herbert Haynes, Federal Aviation Authority.
skywire
Rank 1
Rank 1

hmmm

Post by skywire »

Oh look, this thread turned into a pissing match... damn avcanada... lol

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

ornello wrote:Wow altiplano!! Feel better now?
Always feeling good on the sauce...
ornello wrote:My mother used to say if you do not have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.
Do you guys always listen to your mother?

Seriously though. People should be able to say what they want - if they want to bitch about something or someone go for it. If someone writes something I don't like I call them on it and I get called out too... Sometimes I am "shown the light" and rethink my beliefs. Maybe the way things come accross in print often don't reflect the actual nature of peoples attitudes. I break my friends balls a lot - I give my closest buddies the hardest times and I also offer them the most support... I feel that is the way it is on avcanada. Maybe we should use more of these? :shock: :D :wink: :roll: :lol:

If you don't like something or don't feel comfortable then don't read/post or go to pprune for your controlled forum... Where you can't even suggest a flight school, post a job or offer an opinion on a brand of sunglasses, as it conflicts with their advertisement policy.

I like the libertarian freedom Joe affords us here and if we step too far out of line - like my recent naughty nurses picture :smt007 in the get well rowdy thread - we get corrected. You don't find santa offensive do you?

Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Guido »

justplanecrazy wrote: -Hey look at this nice plane.
-What's nice about it?
-Who are you to judge that?
-I'm an airline captian f#*k off piss ant cessna pilot.
-Ya well I fly a plane that's faster than yours.
-Ya well in the past I flew a plane the size of texas, that went as fast as a shooting star, had stewardesses hotter than Jennifer Anistson and my willy is so large that my pants have three legs, and the biggest one doesn't have a shoe on the end.
Hey! I'm a pilot... sorta... in my spare time. But yes, that's what I grasped out of that discussion (or whatever the hell it was).

Dreamin', if you stick around you'll find that the pissing matches are easily tuned into background noise, and there's a lot of good info on this site.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I haven't read the 777 thread... but it sounds like a good one :wink:

duCapo
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by duCapo »

LMAO :D

Rule #62 "Don't take yourself so damn seriously"
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by 767 »

sadly, most people here are angry because they are either unemployed or cant wait for a response from air can / west jet etc. after their interviews... oh well thats how it goes

ornello
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ornello »

Ha Ha altiplano I am not offended by pictures. :P

The tread was about negativity! I did not say it had anything to do with morons posting tasteless pics..

Just another thought!!! : :wink:

"...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...."
-Leonardo DaVinci
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

ornello wrote:morons posting tasteless pics..
Oh - name calling now. :(

We try to have a serious thread and you go and call me a moron. Way to go man... You're getting the hang of it...

gr8gazu
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by gr8gazu »

yes dreamin', I agree it gets a little thick sometimes.

Just look at avcanada as though it's a hockey game. Someone slashes, they get a fistfull of retaliation.

I am quite sure that if Jock Strap and I met on the road in some far off place and didn't know each other from this site, we would have a great time, share a few beers and a few stories.

The recent post on Rowdy is a good example of how the industry works as well. Poor fellow had some bad luck and everyone rallies to his side.

There are good sides and bad sides, just like everything else in life. Take what you want and leave the rest behind.

ornello
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ornello »

Look whose talking!!

Did not call YOU a moron and you were the one who said that everyone is entitled an opinion.

Seems like you took that quite personal and it was not geared at you at all it was meant in general. :P

Another thought!!!

-Leonardo DaVinci

Return to “General Comments”