Transwest

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

3=47
Rank 2
Rank 2

Transwest

Post by 3=47 »

how is transwest to work for?

relatively alright place to work?

Maintenance? good ? bad?

scedual?
---------- ADS -----------

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

Have a look with the search function and you'll find more than you could imagine :wink:

Are you looking at a ramp spot or a direct entry captaincy on the pa-31 or -6?

3=47
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3=47 »

I have just seen their aircraft around and they look alright, just being nosey really!

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
Vicstick
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Vicstick »

My Advice...STAY THE HELL AWAY!. TWA is the scourge of the aviation industry; poor machines, inept management and an insurance companies nightmare.

H
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by H »

You'll get 'special' training from them:
http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=33051
:lol:

orbit
Rank 2
Rank 2

transwest

Post by orbit »

poor maintenance and yes stay AWAY...management is very unproffessional...old laronge guys still there!

styles
Rank 1
Rank 1

Transwest Air

Post by styles »

Dear Bashers,

Transwest has its ups and downs, just like any other company out there. Yes the schedule was hectic in the beginning but its just due to the shortage of PA31 Captains, but now everything is flowing well and crews have been trained. As far as maint. goes, its excellent. You snag anything you want, she goes in and doesn't come out until its fixed. I'm assuming the people doing the bashing are ex-Transwest employees and I'm sorry to hear that you've left with a sour taste in your mouth. So much "stuff" said on Avcanada about Transwest to make everything look bad.

1) You will put in your time, and you will move onto a machine.
2) Transwest has been around for 50 years + and not going anywhere.
3) Variety of machines is great... 703/704/705 experience so if you'd like to make it to "Air Canada" or "Westjet" someday, speak to Saab Captains who are being hired by them.
4) Machines are being painted, GPS 430/530s are being installed, and new Saab 340 was purchased not to long ago.
5) Everyone talks about "experience" in this industry... so you'll do everything from Medevac Ops, Sked Service, Charters, Freight Hauls and learn how to do things on your own without depending on someone else.

Its so easy to focus on the negative aspects with any company (and life in general, its pretty much what the media is) where sometimes we have to take a step back and think about the good things that come out of it. Wasn't hard for me... I hope others can say the same. Cheers.

Styles

Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Transwest Air

Post by Dust Devil »

styles wrote: 2) Transwest has been around for 50 years + and not going anywhere.
hmmmmm seems to me another company that was around a long time just vanished. But I do agree Transwest is a pretty good outfit. My guess is some of the people who bash them had other issues with the company.

wannabatp
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by wannabatp »

What are they paying the rampies these days? Junior FOs? That'll tell a lot!

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by tofo »

$9.50 for the new guys, $11 for the guys who have been there for a year

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

tofo wrote:$9.50 for the new guys, $11 for the guys who have been there for a year
Just wondering when they decided to give those hard workin northern rampies a raise?!? Not too long ago it was 7/hr!!

Good to hear things are changing. There were a lot of issues after the purchase of NDA... Hope they've all been resolved.

Transwest itself hasn't been around for 50 years.. but the amalgamation of numerous sasky companies has.. La ronge aviation, air sask etc etc.

What is the wait time on the ramp these days?!? Still in the 16-20 month range?!/ or lower?

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by tofo »

my understanding is 1 year on the ramp, except one unfortunat girl on the ramp in LA that didn't get an aircraft this year. My understanding is that she's about to quit. of the terminal guys last year ones on the jetstream ones on the BE10 and ones on the TO. Not a bad places to start a carrer

real north
Rank 0
Rank 0

Transwest

Post by real north »

Having worked in all of the TWA hangars during my apprenticeship. I have seen the good work they do. I have since moved on and have seen better and far worse. They could spend more $ on the machinery but hey so could everyone else. The R/W side is growing...about time and new machines in the F/W and too. So.. could things be better, sure I left for a reason (not going into it online) But any low time pilot looking for a first job could do worse. They will treat you fair and work you like a dog. But if you pull wrenches Be prepared to work with some hard a## old school guys. They've moved some of them off the floor but they still run the show. Be aware and grow some thick skin. If you can last, you'll learn more than there than most places. My opinion is based on actual events not heresay and rumour.

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by tofo »

My opinion is based on actual events not heresay and rumour.
????????

real north
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by real north »

tofo wrote:
My opinion is based on actual events not heresay and rumour.
????????
I assume you can't form sentences. So I will spell it out. I ACUALLY WORKED AT TWA JACKASS.

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by tofo »

me to when were you there, this actually sounds very familiar too talking to the maintance guys there.

Return to “General Comments”