Anybody seen pictures of the new licences?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Anybody seen pictures of the new licences?

Post by Panama Jack »

I am wondering if anybody has seen pictures of the new licence format, or if there is an internet image of them. Understand they will be a passport like book, with stickers and all that. Just curious.
---------- ADS -----------

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Counciler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Counciler »

I believe there was a blurb about that in the last TC Safety Letter. May look like a 'passport' -type booklet.

Kelowna Pilot
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Kelowna Pilot »

Why not an FAA 'credit card' style license that easily fits in your wallet?

Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Because Canadians are ignorant and bigoted towards Americans, hence anything the USA does must be inferior to what we do :roll:

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

TC has thought about this and ruminated and pontificated, taken surveys, asked pilots and officials, looked at other country's efforts and did exactly the opposite. The last license never fitted in your wallet properly either but that didn't stop them.

This is probably the highest-price, most cumbersome and ill-conceived program that the designers of the Quebec consulting firm could come up with, one that will make the operation of the gun registry seem light and streamlined.

What we need to do is find a name for it like 'looney' or that ilk. "Scuse me, can I see your Doorknob, please." "Sir, please present your Dickhead for the scanner." "Have you got your Mindless Bureaucratic Moron Book with you?"

Sorry, but you have the wrong sticker - this one appears to be from a grocery store, and this one is glued in upside down. If you're going to carry this thing, you need to duct tape it to your belly because it will not fit in anything smaller than a Samsonite (or should that be Smithrite?) weekender and no, the rampies didn't see your crew tags and sent your bag to the hotel with the rest of the bird watcher's stuff and no, you don't have your license so you can't go back to the plane. In fact, you are under arrest. Did you say you were from Canada? Are they all 'special' up there? Are you sure you really wouldn't just rather get an FAA license and leave? That little immigration turd in Macau is laughing at you, did you notice?

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

2 days in a row! xs is on a roll...

just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

Good thing we're paying those dough-heads 100's of thousand dollars to come up with new ideas like this. :cry:

Yep, yesterday's technology... tomorrow.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Good to see the feds were right in there already in the 20s with an entire bureaucracy set up to regulate flying machines. I'll bet you could fly from one end of the country to the other and not even see a 'flying machine' but the feds are in there like a dirty shirt, squeezing fees.

Its ok to have a license as big as a Harry Potter book if you don't have to drag it around and actually show people. Just about every country, including the US, asks for your license when you go to customs. What a joke (slams license on officer's desk, raising a small squall. "What please is that thing? Need license to pilot, not phone book.").

Having said that, JC did that license belong to a relative? What a wonderful thing to keep for your kids. I have a few bits and pieces from my father but nothing as old as that (except I have a control wheel from a Vickers Vimy bomber, which might be older still); its almost as old as the Navajos I flew once.

"What's it doing now?"
U/S
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by U/S »

XS you crack me up. Thats hilarious. The Dennis Miller of AvCanada.

Are we there yet?
W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

I do have an old European license that looks like that (so did my driver's license over there).
Stamps galore, oh yeah, and holes punched in areas that were not valid.

Dash-Ate
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dash-Ate »

no.

That'll buff right out :rolleyes:
Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

Hey, that's a cool image just curious. Never seen those before.

I hold licences in several countries that Canadians consider "third world." Strangely enough, they are very good looking, small plastic "driver's licence" type of documents-- and they even manage to fit on all the information required by ICAO Annex 1.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
Alex YCV
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Alex YCV »

Count your blessings. Normally when Quebec gets involved they create a whole other agency and makes you pay another fee to keep a duplicate but not similar set of paperwork up to date.

The one thing I have learned living in Quebec, duplication and repetition are a way of life.

This is a my sig... I hope you like it.
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

living in Quebec, duplication and repetition are a way of life.
yeah, well, at least that's also true for the sex there.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

xsbank wrote:TC has thought about this and ruminated and pontificated, taken surveys, asked pilots and officials, looked at other country's efforts and did exactly the opposite. The last license never fitted in your wallet properly either but that didn't stop them.

This is probably the highest-price, most cumbersome and ill-conceived program that the designers of the Quebec consulting firm could come up with, one that will make the operation of the gun registry seem light and streamlined.

What we need to do is find a name for it like 'looney' or that ilk. "Scuse me, can I see your Doorknob, please." "Sir, please present your Dickhead for the scanner." "Have you got your Mindless Bureaucratic Moron Book with you?"

Sorry, but you have the wrong sticker - this one appears to be from a grocery store, and this one is glued in upside down. If you're going to carry this thing, you need to duct tape it to your belly because it will not fit in anything smaller than a Samsonite (or should that be Smithrite?) weekender and no, the rampies didn't see your crew tags and sent your bag to the hotel with the rest of the bird watcher's stuff and no, you don't have your license so you can't go back to the plane. In fact, you are under arrest. Did you say you were from Canada? Are they all 'special' up there? Are you sure you really wouldn't just rather get an FAA license and leave? That little immigration turd in Macau is laughing at you, did you notice?
The earth shook, pigs have flown and the moon has turned blue. We are of one mind on this.

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Hey Rockie, really? I'm gobsmacked. Will sit down for a while and try to think of what this means...

Yup, there goes another pig.

"What's it doing now?"
What Limits
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by What Limits »

Have a look at the JAR licence - A6 booklet with clear pockets for at least 10 pages and up towards 15 depending on qualifications.

Size isn't everything!

snaproll20
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by snaproll20 »

Hedley, you beat me to it.

Yeah, this crap has been on the griddle for a while.
I truly hope they do not come up with a passport type of licence.
WHere the %$^$%#@ is a person supposed to carry THAT!!!
At least when I travel, I have a suitcase to put the goddamned passport in.
Think maybe if I ever go flying again, I will just leave it behind.
I won't carry a purse. (Although it may come in handy to hit one of those idiots with if they ever ask to see it on the ramp.)
Probably hang myself on the strap climbing into the Twotter on floats anyway.

Why in the name of JC did they not just produce a credit card with all the pilot qualification stuff barcoded on it, with a picture and a security strip to get you through the odd airport door? Waterproof too!!!!

Morons, idiots, incompetent, stupid wretches!!!!!!
Don't get me started!

And how much is this piece of garbage going to cost?

Big Pratt
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Big Pratt »

I believe this is yours...

:wink:

C-GPFG
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by C-GPFG »

Weren't the new licences to be issued this summer? Has anyone received theirs yet?

Return to “General Comments”