Severe turbulence

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CP
Rank 3
Rank 3

Severe turbulence

Post by CP »

There was a sigmet issued last night around 0930 pm of severe turb reported by a 737 at 390 around Sioux Narrows. Havnt read anything in the news yet.
---------- ADS -----------

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

And there was severe turbulence reported by a B777 and a A333, followed an hour later by a B744 in another part of the country

You won't hear it in the news unless someone gets hurt, severe turbulence isn't all that uncommon.

Unless you're implying it was a WestJet flight again?

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by RB211 »

Unless you're implying it was a WestJet flight again?
Ya sound a little sensitive? There are other 737 operators in Canada. It isn't always about WJ.

In my experience, by the definition below, 'severe' turbulence isn't all that common. Fortunately.

SEVERE
Turbulence that causes large, abrupt changes in altitude and/or attitude. It usually causes large variations in indicated airspeed. Aircraft may be momentarily out of control. Report as “Severe Turbulence”.

Occupants are forced violentlyagainst seat belts or shoulder straps. Unsecured objects are tossed about. Food service and walking impossible.

Glory.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Glory. »

*snores, wakes up, realizes that nobody in here cares, and walks out*

Troubleshot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Troubleshot »

Glory. wrote:*snores, wakes up, realizes that nobody in here cares, and walks out*
You had to care enough to open this thread...funny isn't it.

Glory.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Glory. »

I was fooled into thinking it might be something worthwhile, but a sigmet reporting severe turbulence at 39000 feet? :smt015 Does this really need a thread?

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

Glory. wrote:I was fooled into thinking it might be something worthwhile, but a sigmet reporting severe turbulence at 39000 feet? :smt015 Does this really need a thread?

I could start one about my engineer's festering ass boil..... :smt103

stl

ybp
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ybp »

STL, we all know you post some good pics, but PLEASE, keep that one to yourself. :smt091

Nature is a Mother.
Glory.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Glory. »

sky's the limit wrote:
Glory. wrote:I was fooled into thinking it might be something worthwhile, but a sigmet reporting severe turbulence at 39000 feet? :smt015 Does this really need a thread?

I could start one about my engineer's festering ass boil..... :smt103

stl
now that would be great avcanada lol

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

And you know this because he was bit on the ass by a snake and asked you to help get the poison out ???and you happened to notice the festering pustuilles ???

Telll him to make haste to the local doctor and get it treated asap as it can cause blood poisoning and then where would you find an ame who has a sense of HAHA :butthead: :butthead: :butthead:

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

Maybe we should issue a sigmet next time it's outflowing 40+ out Jervis Inlet just incase someone wants to go to Deserted Bay.. God knows flying up there will meet the criteria..

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

twotter wrote:Maybe we should issue a sigmet next time it's outflowing 40+ out Jervis Inlet just incase someone wants to go to Deserted Bay.. God knows flying up there will meet the criteria..

Saturday afternoon. 40kts in Desolation Sound, rain bucketing down, took my wife along to pick tree planters off the hill... Ooops. She didn't mind at all, until I had to let her off on a floating dock for 45mins....lol. Drowned Rat would be an accurate description.

stl

Now, about that festering ass boil, funny you should ask... :?

zero
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by zero »

Way to impress the wife, STL.

Same winds up Johnstone Strait and Knight Inlet on Sunday. Got a 10min head start on the Chinook from the Helifor barge and he still passed me on the way to CR, those things are quicker than they look. :cry:

sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

zero wrote:Way to impress the wife, STL.

Same winds up Johnstone Strait and Knight Inlet on Sunday. Got a 10min head start on the Chinook from the Helifor barge and he still passed me on the way to CR, those things are quicker than they look. :cry:

WOW,

You actually admitted being passed by a helicopter??? That's the flying equivalent to your tee shot not making the ladies tees....LOL :wink: You gonna fly the next trip unzipped???

Yeah, the Chinook is fast, leaves me behind too. I'm buzzing around in the 500 right now, passed a 185 on floats today in Theodosia Inlet... Of course PASCO's SAAB smoked me on final....lol

What you up to these days Zero?

stl

Oh, and my Wife's pretty good about that stuff, she didn't mind... Say, you don't happen to know where she is by chance??? Lol.

Return to “General Comments”