Going to Jazz

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DaBOMB
Rank 0
Rank 0

Going to Jazz

Post by DaBOMB »

Thanks for the suggestion about the c90....but I have turned down the job.

A couple of days ago, these nice people from a regional called Jazz, approached me for a job. Have you guys ever heard of it?

Anyways, they said I could fly jets! Wow! They even offered me 19K a year. I said no thanks, bu they insisted. Quite the business man I am. :wink:

They asked me if i had friends like me who only have 250tt. I said sure, I know plenty! They would love to fly jets.

Wow, everything is just working out for me! I am becoming successfull!

You can all be like me if you have the right attitude in this business.
---------- ADS -----------

Flying is a priviledge not a right! You should pay to fly big machines! DUuuhhh
Youngback
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Youngback »

You aren't Henry, but you'll do for now.

no name
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by no name »

Anyways, they said I could fly jets! Wow! They even offered me 19K a year. I said no thanks, bu they insisted. Quite the business man I am.

They asked me if i had friends like me who only have 250tt. I said sure, I know plenty! They would love to fly jets.
Mental note: don't fly Jazz.

YOWFLYER
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by YOWFLYER »

if you ever planning on going to air canada mainline, i would strongly suggest turning down your Jazz job.

P.s. 8 out of 10 jazz candidates over the next three months will be getting dash 8

albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

Wigwam! Is that you??

broompusher
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by broompusher »

YOWFLYER wrote:

P.s. 8 out of 10 jazz candidates over the next three months will be getting dash 8

Just out of curiousity, what are you basing this on?

WTF, over
bin landin

Post by bin landin »

Folks.

This is atroll. Read his other thread.

If people ignore him completely, he will go away.

On the other hand, it is amusing to see how many of the incredibly stupid took it as a serious post.

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

DaBOMB,

I have a CPL Multi-Ifr (expired I think) with 270 hours.

I think this Jazz thingy is right up my alley.

I'm very interested in living in Toronto paying $1200 a month rent for a one bedroom apartment. pm me. BTW, you ARE DA BOMB!

-istp :smt023

thrust set
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thrust set »

"if you ever planning on going to Air Canada mainline, I would strongly suggest turning down your Jazz job"

YOWFLYER,

Just to give some candidates on this forum a realistic idea of their chances of coming over to the mainline from Jazz. Well sorry to disappoint some on this forum but Air Canada needs to fill quite a few seats next year and the guy overseeing the hiring says Jazz pilots will be included in the mix, period. No conspiracy theory, if you got the letter and want to still come over re-apply.

Of the 35 pilots that were hired in the three courses at Air Canada during October, 17 pilots came from Jazz. Two more passed till the November course, and many more to come following the new year.

Of all the negative comments towards Jazz's college program, how would you like to be in your early twenties. Flying a CRJ / DASH around and will be given the opportunity to interview at the mainline in order of seniority. And if accepted will more than likely be frozen, I was told they wont be considered till 4 years after employment. But will also be able to bring over four years towards pay, four years for vacation, choose first in their PIT course. And buy back four years in pension. (think of a kid getting accepted, mid twenties bringing over a buy back pension of four years........these guys can retire from AC mid fifties with a full pension)

You can complain about the pay all you want but remember it was negotiated during CCAA. Most can't take the job because of that. But the ones that do I feel some will stay and have a wonderful career at Jazz while others will go on to Air Canada, Westjet, Emirates.....etc

Good luck to all.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

Problem is those pilots will have a damn hard time getting all their requirements in for their ATPL going strait to a fist officer position on an aircraft they cannot captain without one.

justplanecrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by justplanecrazy »

thrust set wrote: Of all the negative comments towards Jazz's college program, how would you like to be in your early twenties. Flying a CRJ / DASH around and will be given the opportunity to interview at the mainline in order of seniority.
As a pilot, I would love it. As a passenger, it scares the crap out of me.

I can just see it, pilot walks into a run down skydive company, resume' in hand. 1000hrs total time, 750hrs turbine, 250hrs PIC.

Jack the Pilot: "I'd like a job, willing to work on my days off for free. Trying to build enough time to get my ATPL."

Company Owner: "Sorry kid, I don't like to hire fresh pilots, they tend to do things like bend the gear in the grass and crack the cylinder heads on descent."

Jack the Pilot: "OK I understand, I'll go rent a plane for a few more hours and come back"

Company Owner on his way down to Toronto for the skydiving convention: "Oh hey Jack, are you flying this leg? Mind if I sit in the cockpit, I've never been inside a jet cockpit."

Jack the Pilot: "Um, just one second let me ask my boss."

In the background: "Uh Jim my friend wants to fly up front." "Jack how many times do I have to tell you, you can't bring your friends up here. Go sit in your corner and Shut-up already, If you're good I might let you touch the controls once we're at cruise"

Seriously though, that is one dangerous cockpit mix. The pilot isn't going to have any respect for the guy in the right seat and neither should he. He's barely had to make a single decision in a cockpit so far, or learned how to land a C172 in a crosswind. If the FO is really keen and notices the Captain make a serious mistake, he probably won't say anything because he's probably been beat into submission after his first critique of the Captains flying style. It's just scary.

I've quit flying with them and I've told everyone I know to do the same. I wonder if the seats start emptying, if they'll change their tune.

We have no effective screening methods to make sure pilots are sane.
— Dr. Herbert Haynes, Federal Aviation Authority.
60N
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 60N »

Here we go again. I'll tell ya what scares me. The fact that most of the guys and gals in business attire in the back have more time on type or just time in aircraft period than the right seat!!!!!!

sstaurus
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by sstaurus »

That never really occurred to me, how does a right-hand-seat pilot get PIC time in order to advance to captain one day? Every now and then is the captain allowed to let the first/officer fly, and then is that considered PIC even? Just curious as I always considered Jazz one day..

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Going to Jazz

Post by DA900 »

DaBOMB wrote: They asked me if i had friends like me who only have 250tt. I said sure, I know plenty! They would love to fly jets.
I was thinking you could ask THEICEMAN to join you, but he doesn't meet those high minimum hours!

Rectum, damn near killed 'em
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

sstaurus wrote:That never really occurred to me, how does a right-hand-seat pilot get PIC time in order to advance to captain one day? Every now and then is the captain allowed to let the first/officer fly, and then is that considered PIC even? Just curious as I always considered Jazz one day..
You can have what is called supervised PIC up to 100 hours of it, but its unlikely they will fill out all their requirements in that 100 hours.

Luis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Luis »

C-GGGQ wrote:
sstaurus wrote:That never really occurred to me, how does a right-hand-seat pilot get PIC time in order to advance to captain one day? Every now and then is the captain allowed to let the first/officer fly, and then is that considered PIC even? Just curious as I always considered Jazz one day..
You can have what is called supervised PIC up to 100 hours of it, but its unlikely they will fill out all their requirements in that 100 hours.
Just to give you an idea, I'm on that college program and I already have my 250 hrs PIC time because I've worked this summer. I just need the usual 25 hrs PIC at night, which sometimes even people with 1500 hrs doesn't have. I think I'll be able to do these 25 hrs with the supervised PIC program that you were talking about.

Good day everyone.

Airflow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Airflow »

I'm sure that I don't really have to remind people... but there are those of us who have busted their a**'s (post 9/11), trying to make ends meet after getting into 50G of debt, working their way into a position that would (eventually) offer good pay, benifits, pension, etc. [Isn't this the pilot's initiation?!!] It sure is nice to finally see the other end, but for those that have spent the past 5+ yrs working towards this as a goal... this is suppost to be a retirement posting... not something you get from the getgo. (There has even been lots that just left flying because there was very little work...)

Having said all that, it sure is nice to see lots of movement now... but that movement should be coming up from the bottom.

Besides, getting out there and "working" an aircraft for a few years would nock off the green, giving some real experience other then the flight training world...

Flight instruction is long hours of sheer boredom with short moments of stark terror!

A small correction early is better than a large correction late.
--- Aviation proverb

Return to “General Comments”