Criminal Record????

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

reventon
Rank 0
Rank 0

Criminal Record????

Post by reventon »

i'm trying to convince my buddy that if you are trying to get your red pass, and you're waiting for a trial date in which you could possibly get convicted for something, that either they won't let you get it, or they will revoke your pass on the date you get convicted, am i right?
---------- ADS -----------

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Criminal Record????

Post by twotter »

Depends on what the conviction is for.

Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Ogee »

I don't think that any conviction at all bars you from a Red Pass. Some may, probably murder, that sort of thing. But if you have a conviction for murder, you probably don't need a Red Pass.

Isn't there somewhere where this is simply stated by whoever gives these things out?

stan1234
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by stan1234 »

Seeing as my task at hand...lets say that you've been charged with care and control of a motor vehicle (possible intent to booze cruise)

Ogee
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Ogee »

It's generally against human rights legislation to deny someone employment because of a criminal conviction, unless the conviction is related to the employment, i.e. fraud, working in a bank, etc. I don't see how care and control conviction would deny you a red pass.

I've always understood a pilot's license is sufficient pass to get airside. After all, you can arrive airside with only a pilot's license.

Pie Lot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pie Lot »

Last edited by Pie Lot on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

a conviction for drug trafficking will definitely affect you getting a red pass. but several dui's will not. when i worked as a fueller we had every kind of degenerate come through the company and the only one to get the boot was the guy with the trafficking conviction on his record

Tim Tam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tim Tam »

So...............everyone with a criminal charge is a degenerate??

Carefull calling the kettle black. Some guys just haven't learned their lesson yet.

You may be next. :|

BoostedNihilist

Post by BoostedNihilist »

Last edited by BoostedNihilist on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

Tim Tam wrote:So...............everyone with a criminal charge is a degenerate?? :|
i calls em like i sees em! and it sounds like i hit a nerve there as well :?
to give you an idea what i am talking about. i worked for a commercial fuelling company,not an fbo. what that means is the place was not full of guys who were aspiring pilots but failed truck drivers. there was a really cool two tier pay system as well, while i made $16 an hour they were getting $8.23. for doing the same job. the bottom of the barrel was scraped many times while i was there some of these guys could not even read!
most of these people had a class 1 drivers license which means that they could make a decent living driving a truck. but most of the guys were unemployable. ALL of them had criminal records of some sort, i am talking about stealing cars and multiple break and enter charges. i could go on for hours.
so yes of all the degenerates that came through the fueling company that i worked for, only one was refused a red pass. he was refused because he had been busted 2 years earlier with a trunk full of pot driving through Calgary

Return to “General Comments”