AC new paint job

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

AC new paint job

Post by Rebel »

---------- ADS -----------

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Boy - Air Canada is doing so well, they can't even afford green paint anymore. :?

Out of Control
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Out of Control »

Glad to see there using the money well :roll: :shock:

Say again, your coming in stupid
Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

The picture doesn’t show it but the tail is supposed to have shades of teal whatever. I’ll reserve my judgment until I see what the actual aircraft looks like. I expect the actual look will vary from type to type; some types will look great and others like people, well...

Hmm at first glance it appears that this campaign is a waste of money. The bigger picture suggests that perhaps with all the free TV coverage that we are going to get, it sort of levels the playing field.

172pilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172pilot »

Only problem is the tv coverage I've seen so far is negative. The tail scheme is nice I admit but totally unnecessary.

pickleswitch
Rank 1
Rank 1

New Colours

Post by pickleswitch »

CClub
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CClub »

Looks like the dark green tail has been watered down completely to cover the rest of the plane. That mint green look gives it the look of a Crest toothpaste! All I can assume is that it costs less to paint the planes like that, than it did to paint the old livery.

maxofthenorth
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by maxofthenorth »

I guess it will be easier now to paint the planes all white when Air Canada has to give them back :shock:

Hun IN the SUN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hun IN the SUN »

Usual Negativity All I gotta say Is UP YOURS :P

Im very proud of my Airline, to see it overcome so much shit. We stuck it out when times are tough and its gonna turn around and be one viable and strong airline. No one else has to deal with being so regulated. Like it or not AC has been here since 1937 and will be here for alot longer :P

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

I am normally the type of person for whom it takes time to get used to new liveries, however, my immediate reaction is that I like the new look. Looks clean, fresh, new enough, and can probably be done at minimal cost-- all of this suggests a prudent move, at least to me.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

I am with Hun in the Sun on this one......I have never seen so much negativity.

They have posted a operating profit for Q3 and when you are rebuilding something you have to pump money back into it. It is important to have a 'new' look if you are effectively building a new airline...keeps workers somewhat optimistic and we need more of that.

Besides....whether u are for Canjet/Jetsgo/Westjet/AC whatever it is! we need them up and running and profitable....cuz I am not flying a PA-31 for the rest of my life and making peanuts...

In regard to the new look....I think I liked the Evergreen green..but its still nice :lol:

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

My Favorite is still The "Proud Wings" livery of Canadian

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

I'm somewhat suprised Hun,
Like it or not AC has been here since 1937
For the longest time they were a crown corp so the money lost was made up for and buried. Now that most of the costs are in line - they still need to SERIOULY trim management, and the ones that are left need a major attitude change. We all know this won't happen - and A/C will be going down this same road again before long. Most other people are right - it's not about paint and uniforms (there was nothing wrong with what they had) it's about money. Why not take the money that they spent on this "rebranding" - including Celine - and lower their fares. They would give Westjet a serious run for their money.

While I think the new ads with Celine's song 'Fly', and the new tail logo are pretty slick. The aircraft color is an eyesore and none of this would influence my travel desicion. Customer service (re cabin crew) and price are going to be the major factors. Top this off with morrons for managment - and you get the same old story.
They have posted a operating profit for Q3
OMG!! First they are not in positive cash flow and second the money they DIDN'T lose is hardly a drop in the bucket. I suspect the new 'rebranding' will put a serious pinch on any gains they happen to make. They still have a loooonnnnng way to go.

Say Altitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Say Altitude »

I'm so tired of repeating myself because of the uninformed.........

One question - name one employee group that took a 25% across the board job slash in the days following the CCAA filing?

Pilots??? Nope.
AME's/Bag Smashers? Nope.
FA's? Nope.

It was the management folks. Nobody, not one employee group has taken more of a hit than the NON-UNIONIZE management folks. No bargaining, no recall clause - nothing. So quit spouting off about how "management" has got to go........it's your own poor attitude and those around you that seem to want to rain on managment's attempts to turn things around? Even your own co-workers around you want to make a go of it so why keep living in the past?

Do you REALLY think that management want AC to file CCAA again??? REALLY??? I'm sure everyone from Robert to the brand new gate agent wants to work at a place where they enjoy coming to work.

Get over yourself and get the facts right before you spout off.

scubasteve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by scubasteve »

25% cut of what salaries to begin with? I know MIlton gets the big bucks but what are ballpark figures for the rest of management?

Say Altitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Say Altitude »

25% job cuts not pay cuts - 25% of the non-unionized "managment" were let go.

Hun IN the SUN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hun IN the SUN »

THANK YOU, say altitude

drives me nuts too

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Yea - Now they need a 25% pay cut as well.

Pindunder Jeep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Pindunder Jeep »

Say Altitude

I am to assume that you work for AC and must be in Management of some sort, or someone close to you was. Yes 25 per cent of non unionised management were let go. You need to remember though, that they were and still are way too top heavy in the first place.

As an employee, I can tell you, we all want AC to do well but there is no direction or even information coming from so called management. I here about most stuff from the papers. Judge Farley even pulled Milton aside at the final CCAA hearing and gave him a shakedown saying he better organise his management team better and drop this us and them attitude.

In the meantime, we operate with the Transport minimum compliment of cabin staff while while managers are busy writing memos trying to figure out how they can get better customer service.

It is no secret. Everyone here has it figured out and quite frankly I think the people here could do a better job.

Looks good on paper, but will it fly?
planeguy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by planeguy »

maybe they'll call me now for an interview. :cry:

Return to “General Comments”