YVR (Vancouver ) AIR FAIR 2005..WOW. who would of known....

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pt6_driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

YVR (Vancouver ) AIR FAIR 2005..WOW. who would of known....

Post by pt6_driver »

Well after I saw a press release along with a few friends of mine, and after I called the organizer abut this event, this is going to be a turning point, and a advanatage to new pilots, flying pilots, and pilots wishing to upgrade to larger,faster aircraft. http://www.yvrairfair.com

A few of the attending Airlines are; Westjet, Air Canada Jazz, Cathay Pacific, Harmony, Service Air, Pacific Coastal Airlines, and many more.... The KEY to all of this is that not only are some of them going to be there with info tables, and to speak, and let pilots and whomever else is interested come, but that you will be able to hand the Chief Pilot, and there Human Resources personnell your Resume, and see what type of people they are actually looking for so you can Plan ahead.

This is a offer that anyone who is ambitious, and a true Aviator in the Airline business can't miss.

I have 3000 + hours , my ATP, and I will be going along with guys that have twice my time to see what to expect from the Industry, and the Airlines I want to be apart of..........
---------- ADS -----------

ScudRunner
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ScudRunner »

quick jerk back on the rod to Set the Hook

Pugster
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Pugster »

Fish On!

Hahahaha. Good one. As an experienced fisherman I can also say that if you set the hook too hard, you might just rip it right out and loose the fish! :lol:

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

Yes boys and girls, the impending pilot shortage is just around the corner!!! :wink:

Open your wallets and come on down!!! :twisted:

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

Actually sounds like the YVR Air Fair might be worth the trip. I am considering attending this year.

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

Aviation is a harsh mistress, but ultimately folks are more likely to succeed with a positive attitude. So guys please explain why when somebody shows some enthusiasm for a venue which allows face time with the many of the major players you feel the need to take some insulting cheap shots :roll: I have had 5 flying jobs to date, I GOT ALL OF THEM as a result of the contacts I have made in the industry.

Switchfoot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Switchfoot »

I'd have to agree with Big Pistons....the CYVR airfare sounds like a great opportunity to meet and greet people from around the industry and get a perspective of what's happening now and what is to come.

I have a flying job, but I'm going anyways (of course, it'll be nice to catch up with some friends on the weekend too). If you don't want to go, don't, but don't slag the opportunity for the rest of us who want to.

8)

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

All of you who think this is great should go to it.... I'm sure the extra revenue will be appreciated by those who put it on...

Personally I've been in this business for a long time and would rather meet with the CP when he/she is not distracted by the 5 other people who will be there..

Anyone who wants more info on how to get a job in this business should just come on down and talk to those of us who actually work in it to find out what they should know... I'll do it for free!!! If you seem like someone who will fit into a job that I know is open I'll take you to the Chief Pilot... No charge...

If you've got money to waste, go ahead and sign up... I'd like to see the stat's on anyone who has ever got a job out of the YVR fairs....

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

BTW Joe, I know your endorsement has nothing to do with the new banner ad on the website!!!! :wink:

PT6 Driver... It's nice you know who I am but if you have something to say to me, please say it here... Not on the private message system..

Hun IN the SUN
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Hun IN the SUN »

I attended last year, And I found it a waste of money only because they never collected our tickets, we just walked in. Also, there were about 30 ppl crowded around the CP of the different companys. And I gotta say the ppl that were giving resumes out [come on]. I`m sure all of them got filed under G. Other than that the speeches were great, from the different CP`s.

pt6_driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pt6_driver »

AVCANADA,

Well there we go.. thanks for the post.... Also thankyou for the Ad you are running on the forum board for this event... I actually have nothing to do personally with the Air Fair, but went last year, and know everyone who goes, and pays attention will get some good information out of it.

Hun in the Sun??? I know the people who ran the door last year, you didn't walk in...... Get a grip......

Thanks again AVCANADA for the positive post......

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

PT6.... again the private message... What's up with that??? Why don't you just say what you have to say to me here?? By doing it is secrecy, it seems like you have something to hide...

BTW... Nice line-up of speakers shown on the air fair website... Most of them have the same name though... TBA... Only 4 more shopping weeks... And come on... someone from Northern Hawk??? What's next??? Someone from RXX???

Oh well, just my opinion, and I am entitled to it, but I think the money can be put to better use..

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

twotter wrote:\ And come on... someone from Northern Hawk??? What's next??? Someone from RXX???
Now this would be interesting. Be sure to have staff on hand to clean up the rotten produce they get pelted with.

Pugster
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Pugster »

I probably will attend the airfare - and my comments were not intended to knock the event. In fact, I've heard very positive things about it.

But I can tell when I'm being sold something...and it was pretty obvious in the post that you were more than just a prospective customer of the event. That's what set off the original comments, not the event itself.

I do hope it's successful, and I'm interested to hear what Cathay have to say.

Pugster

Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rudy »

Actually, I would prefer it if someone gets "pied": Image

Rudy in no way suggests or condones you "pie" any staff member or representitive of Regency Express, Northern Hawk Aviation or any of their affiliates, associates, or well wishers.

avcanada
Rank Admin
Rank Admin

Post by avcanada »

twotter wrote:BTW Joe, I know your endorsement has nothing to do with the new banner ad on the website!!!! :wink:
Actually it doesn't twotter.

I am running the banner ad for free and have no connection to the event.

Just doing my small part to help promote aviation. If I get the chance I hope to enjoy the event this year.

Northern Girl
Rank 1
Rank 1

events

Post by Northern Girl »

Now let me get this straight

Going to an event and

a) learning some new tidbits about your industry
b) perhaps catching up with guys you havent seen in ages/lost contact with
c) having some classic debates about your current industry etc
d)having a drink whilst doing all of the above ( if thats possible?)

brings about more company bashing and negative thoughts???

Perhaps there is a hidden agenda when you go for drinks at the aeroclub too??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Personally would love to check this Fair out if I could - sadly too far for me.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Well said Northern Girl. I don't understand it either - 95% of everything in this industry happens due to who you know and not what you know.

If there is one thing I hate about these forums - is people that continually bash other companies (unless they utterly deserve it like someone we know). I have found that most people are just sore at a company for a particular reason and actually have very little understanding of what they are talking about. Maybe someone can enlighten me about what's wrong with Northern Hawk? or maybe it's just because they don't fly something that weighs more than 150,000 lbs?

Yea true - most people going may not end up with a job - but information is always good......and it gives you a chance to talk to some of the newer companies and find out what they are all about or what they are doing - instead of asking around here where most people usually have only half answers.

350TT
Rank 2
Rank 2

shirt and tie for women too ?

Post by 350TT »

This question is directed more to the YVR Air Fair event organizers since they have a thorough knowledge of the event along with past events.

When I go to a business event in a different industry I know what to wear. Should I, as a female, wear the same thing I would to any other business event or would a female wearing a white shirt and tie look like a flight instructor when I am not ?

The companies that would hire a low-time pilot would do so for non-flying positions so am I answering my own question when I say wearing a tie to such an event for a low-timer is not required ?

Any insight to this matter is appreciated.

Thank you.

I dream of a pilot in shining aluminum *sigh*
xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

IMHO, you do not have to wear a tie, in fact for most of the women who interview with us, just smart business attire will do. That is always a success with most employers, but may not impress the others there. Ask yourself who you are trying to impress? We actually had a prospective employee show up in a tie with jeans and sneakers - we were polite, but he didn't have a clue.

Return to “General Comments”