Pilots need to learn how to file CADORS

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Chuck Ellsworth
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Pilots need to learn how to file CADORS

Post by Chuck Ellsworth »

Scary country. Scary government.
Few in aviation realize just how scary the system really is.

We as citizens are brought before a court if we break the law.

Those at the top level of the regulator can and do ignore the law if it suits their agenda at the time.

When found guilty they suffer no consequences and their pay and bonuses just keep right on being payed.
---------- ADS -----------

The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.

After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

C-GGGQ wrote:
patter wrote:Why do you need to file them? Certainly not to get yourself in trouble.
But if you are denied access to airspace.
Or if the airport you flew had no fuel and there was no notam.
There are animals on a remote runway with regularity.
The lights blink on and off at night.
Nav Canada is rude to you.
Your flight plan gets lost even though you filed it.
The corridor you fly in is too congested.
There are vehicles on your runway that won't get off.
The gate codes don't work.
There are rocks from the crumbling concrete on the taxiways.
The runway is icy and no one notamed it.

I could be mistaken but I don't think CADORS cover things like that.
so your saying the pilots have no voice? there is only a system in place to point fingers at pilots? yes your right.. we pilots are the only ones at fault..i bet even if planes could fly themselves we would still have a job because someone needs to take the blame..

My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
kevenv
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by kevenv »

B-rad wrote:so your saying the pilots have no voice? there is only a system in place to point fingers at pilots? yes your right.. we pilots are the only ones at fault..i bet even if planes could fly themselves we would still have a job because someone needs to take the blame..
Have a complaint about something? Anything? Call the shift manager of the ACC that you are in. Speaking from experience, when a pilot complains about something to the shift manager, they jump on the complaint and investigate it right away. Everything is recorded, from phones and frequencies to radar data. We can't hide anything we did. Despite what some may think, there is not a conspiracy to cover anything up.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

B-rad wrote:
so your saying the pilots have no voice? there is only a system in place to point fingers at pilots? yes your right.. we pilots are the only ones at fault..i bet even if planes could fly themselves we would still have a job because someone needs to take the blame..
I don't think CADORs are meant to be a complaint system. I think that's what he meant. It's for aviation accident/incidents.

Going for the deck at corner
jackrabbit
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jackrabbit »

My understanding is that Nav Can. and airports will soon be tied into the SMS system. So if you have a complaint about the door codes or misfiled notams, etc. You will simply file your company ops report and SMS should insure that it gets to the right place to be rectified.

B-rad
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by B-rad »

AuxBatOn wrote:
B-rad wrote:
I don't think CADORs are meant to be a complaint system. I think that's what he meant. It's for aviation accident/incidents.

right.. and again.. all incidents are the pilots fault?how about a scenario where two aircraft are converging and FSS doesn't pass the traffic within the zone... now forget all the bs about having your good look out and so on. you dont always see em and FSS is there to do a job aswell. it's shared responsiblity. now if you had a near miss, its a cadors against the pilots. wheres the cadors against the FSS aswell? what if they didnt pass the traffic because for many reasons that could be they tie up the frequency so much that pilots can not even make a call or confirm with FSS where the traffic is?? you think this doesn't/ hasn't happen? it's shared responsibility so where is the cadors against FSS?

I appreciate the advice of tell the manager of nav can/ops manager/chief pilot. I have been told there can be quite a punishment to a FSS for having such an incident against them. a lot less then a pilot faces with a cadors. i would rather just give them a cadors then get them in trouble. As for talking to them in person about how poor they manage the frequency, who wants to cause conflict face to face?

My ambition is to live forever - so far, so good!
Pygmie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pygmie »

B-rad wrote:
AuxBatOn wrote:
B-rad wrote:

right.. and again.. all incidents are the pilots fault?how about a scenario where two aircraft are converging and FSS doesn't pass the traffic within the zone... now forget all the bs about having your good look out and so on. you dont always see em and FSS is there to do a job aswell. it's shared responsiblity. now if you had a near miss, its a cadors against the pilots. wheres the cadors against the FSS aswell? what if they didnt pass the traffic because for many reasons that could be they tie up the frequency so much that pilots can not even make a call or confirm with FSS where the traffic is?? you think this doesn't/ hasn't happen? it's shared responsibility so where is the cadors against FSS?

I appreciate the advice of tell the manager of nav can/ops manager/chief pilot. I have been told there can be quite a punishment to a FSS for having such an incident against them. a lot less then a pilot faces with a cadors. i would rather just give them a cadors then get them in trouble. As for talking to them in person about how poor they manage the frequency, who wants to cause conflict face to face?
If you look through the cadors, there are many filed for FSS and ATC errors.

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

The following are the options available when submitting a report:
Accidental Death or Serious Injury
Aircraft Accident
Aircraft Evacuation Due to Potential Hazard
Aircraft Hijacking
Aircraft Incident
Alleged Regulatory Infraction
Bird Strike/Wildlife Intrusion
Bomb Threat/Bomb Found
Dangerous Goods Spill Affecting Operations
ERS Response
Fuel Spill/Major Environmental Incident Affecting Operations
Glider Operations Incidents
High Profile or Media Sensitive
Hostage Taking
Item Intentionally Dropped from Aircraft/Balloon/Airship
Labour Dispute Affecting Operations
Major System or Structural Failure Affecting Operations
Missing Aircraft/SAR
Other
Parachute Related Serious Injuries/Fatalities
Significant Building or Equipment Fire
Terrorist Activities
Unauthorized Incursion
Unavailability of a Runway
Unruly Passenger Incidents

lilfssister
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by lilfssister »

B-rad wrote: right.. and again.. all incidents are the pilots fault?how about a scenario where two aircraft are converging and FSS doesn't pass the traffic within the zone... now forget all the bs about having your good look out and so on. you dont always see em and FSS is there to do a job aswell. it's shared responsiblity. now if you had a near miss, its a cadors against the pilots. wheres the cadors against the FSS aswell? what if they didnt pass the traffic because for many reasons that could be they tie up the frequency so much that pilots can not even make a call or confirm with FSS where the traffic is?? you think this doesn't/ hasn't happen? it's shared responsibility so where is the cadors against FSS?

You won't likely see or hear the results but there are internal investigstions done constantly. Any CADOR where ATS is being provided, the recordings are listened to and if it is determined we did anything wrong, there are varying degrees of invstigations done. The results can be to change our rules, or procedures, or can result in suspension or being fired in some cases.

skylight
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by skylight »

Hi, Can i, as a pilot, file a CADORs? This is about incorrect taxiway signage that has already been reported to ATC, but no action yet.

Wonder where i can report a CADORs. All the links on the thread lead elsewhere. Maybe 15-yr old links are too old :D.

Thanks.

tellyourkidstogetarealjob
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tellyourkidstogetarealjob »

It took two minutes to find the form on the NavCanada website.

If you’ve already filled it out you’ll just have wait for the slow wheels of government to grind away. If not,

https://www.navcanada.ca/en/notam-reque ... outage.pdf

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

trey kule wrote: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:41 pm no
first of all, CD, oh great guru of all internet info, can you help an old guy out and give me a link to have a look at CADORS archives. Would like to see what is actually being reported on. I tried to get through on the link posted but could not access.

I was chatting with a buddy (ya gotta love SKYPE). He was telling me that they are seeing more and more serous stuff
(he is FSS). Things like skeds calling downwind then final on a runway and then landing going the opposite direction.
They tried dealing with many of these issues informally (contrary to what they are supposed to do), and they got nothing but flak and attitude from many of the pilots.

So, I want to have a look at just how serious some of these reports are. And as a little piece of advice from a fellow pilot, if the good folks at FSS tell you that you screwed up, be humble and learn. Telling someone in FSS to @#$! off and get a life when you are in the wrong is not condusive to them forgetting the whole thing. Just saying is all...
Very few are serious. Enjoy the reading. Here’s the link:

https://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ ... x?lang=eng

PropDog
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by PropDog »

2milefinal wrote: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:17 am I do not think an Aviation Incident Report is the same as a CADORS report. Or am I wrong.
Anyway the last time I attempted to file a CADORS report (long time ago) I was told I could not, because I was a pilot.
Pilots can’t file CADORs because they’d need to learn how to read first /s

Scott_Beamed
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Scott_Beamed »

I’ve seen some pretty funny ones over the years. I wonder who pissed in the original posters corn flakes?

Scotty,

Return to “General Comments”