Peninsulair locked out at CYHM by Tradeport!

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

supaflygrl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Peninsulair locked out at CYHM by Tradeport!

Post by supaflygrl »

My thanks to Marty and the Whites for many pleasant memories, please send my well wishes too. You too Haza - Loves you muchly.
BTW - it has been 6 days since your last post - any word? New buyers eh? I kinda like the sounds of PenAir stickin 'round for another 60 years or so. Would love to create many more happy times. I enjoyed being there just to see everyone's smile.
Keep us posted - I have faith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodman:
---------- ADS -----------

AUGER9
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by AUGER9 »

Last edited by AUGER9 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PA31 Driver
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by PA31 Driver »

Which planes are there ? and where are the others ?

" Remember people ...we're livin' the dream ! "
SkyGuy

Post by SkyGuy »

I was in Brantford on the weekend and saw QEQ, QFP and TDS (Cherokees) as well as QYH, one of the Warriors. No sign of the others.

WingsUpWheelsDown
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WingsUpWheelsDown »

Myself and 3 other pilots flew the 3 cherokee's and warrior over to Brantford on Friday for Marty & Rick. The Tradeport gang is making it extremely difficult for PenAir. Advance notice for access (of course the weather is that predictable...lol), only between 9 and 5, and a 1000 lb security guard with a camera! There's still a lot of stuff that has to be moved, including a couple of planes, but as I said, it sure doesn't look like Tradeport is making it easy.

As we were departing, the guys in the Tower asked if we were coming back...or gone for good...they were genuinely sad to hear we were making a one way trip. The controller said...."You guys are really going to be missed"

Marty, Rick, Linda, and everyone else...thanks for putting up a valiant fight. :( Wish it would have worked out differently.

flyingdan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingdan »

SkyGuy wrote:I was in Brantford on the weekend and saw QEQ, QFP and TDS (Cherokees) as well as QYH, one of the Warriors. No sign of the others.
FTDS is the best PenAir plane I've ever flown. :prayer: Overhead trim for the win!

bluestar277
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by bluestar277 »

Tango Delta Sierra
-my fave also - (apart from the oil leaking onto the windshield)
-crank up the trim to win!!!

flyingdan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingdan »

bluestar277 wrote:Tango Delta Sierra
Just rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

WingsUpWheelsDown
Rank 1
Rank 1

Good O'l TDS! Glad it rolls easy for some! I'll never forget calling in with that one as "Dango Tango Tierra"..then corrected it to "Sango Delta Tierra" Was turning final with an instructor and could hardly land because of the laughter, both in the cockpit and tower.

I flew the CYHM coop with QEQ...trained so much in that plane that I use to call everything Quebec Echo Quebec...lol. Never forget once I made up a hybrid call sign, Quebec Echo Quebec Ummmm Ummm Yankee Hotel and the comedian in the Tower repeated my whole extended version back to me, complete with the "ummmms". Gonna miss that place!

We just left ARN, QMU and the seminole behind. BTW...they all started and flew like little gems, considering they'd been sitting there for a month and a half!

Dr.Piper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dr.Piper »

I am glad to here that most of my flock fled the coop. Someways I miss them and all of their little personalities. XFR and QFP ( chargius problematicus). QYH and ARN (electricus trima problematicus). TDS or as I always knew her as Tedious. And who can ever forget Broken Golf Golf, one day she will return to the skies.

If only I had enough money to buy YTE.

But now, I have my own flock of fun ( son of a beech!). YSJ and KCG my old rivals still tease me to this day.

I hope all those great aircraft go to great homes.

Really sad to see GA banished from YHM.

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

I'm getting emotional. Seriously.

deflux
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by deflux »

I sort of expected you guys to win this battle. Not sure why. Maybe its because we all know how pen air is such a good group of people.

I never did get a reply from anyone at tradeport or any city councillors. Good luck to all the staff. This really is sad.

Instructor Bob
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Instructor Bob »

Regarding the PPL Ground school, glad to announce the pop mid-term exam went fairly well. Thanks again for not throwing any shoes at me. Taking a Christmas break and resuming Jan 7, continuing at the Air Cadet Squadron on Homestead. Thanks again for the use of the facilities, everyone is extremley thankful. So untill then, we are only half way through, lots more info to digest, keep reviewing your notes, continue forecasting the wx and take care over the holidays. To everyone, Merry Christmas and may the best of last year be the worst for 09. Instructor Bob

flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

QMU was my first-solo plane. Sad to hear it was left behind. I'll never forget how "fast" it seemed climb once that 240-lb instructor rolled out of the right seat :P . Seemed like yesterday.

It was also nice to not have to endure charlie horses on the take-off or landing roll :P . Some great memories I shared there as a co-op student, student pilot, and employee.

Here's hoping for round II in the New Year.

Merry Christmas to the past and present PenAir team.

bluenote
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by bluenote »

so where did all the instructors go in terms of employment and the rest of the support staff?

Dr.Piper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dr.Piper »

I went to Prince Edward Air.

vanishing point
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by vanishing point »

I've been watching this thread for a while and am sorry to hear things have gone south for Peninsulair. I instructed there from Mar. 87 until I started with Ontario Express in Aug/88 and then some part-time after that.

My first flight was with Bill Tourtel in Tomahawk GRQJ. Still remember spinning that one and GTGX. Lots of time in those Cherokees and loved flying the Seminole.

Good luck to all!

Cheers
Simon Austin
Jazz Dash-8 Driver
YVR

hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by hazatude »

It is truly amazing the number of, "friends of Peninsulair" that are involved in aviation today. Many pilots, AMEs and support staff got their start at good old Hangar #2. PM me if any of you would like to be a member of the private forum that Avcanada has provided us with.

Cheers,

Greg Haza

just curious
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by just curious »

I don't know why it surprises me that the corporation that chased all the training organizations out of YHM is the same one who so poorly reacted to the weather week at Vancouver.

Presumably their next airport "improvement" will be evicting the air cadets and the wing?

Boneheads.

WingsUpWheelsDown
Rank 1
Rank 1

Funny you should say that...the 447 is "soon to be done"....those poor veterans are scrambling for new digs. Tradeport is obviously on a mission...however, I have been advised by a reputable source that CYHM may very well go down to Class E with a MF, because of PenAir's closure...mmmm I wonder if that was in the agenda???? Any comments? Wouldn't it be funny if Tradeport ended up trying to work something out with PenAir....once they woke up from their coma????

Return to “General Comments”