T.C shuts part of Skyward down

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

centerstored
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by centerstored »

CAT,

Why don't you have an "off the record" chat with an ex-skyward employee. Then you can hear all the BS that company had for yourself. I'm sure TC will still be at fault in your eyes though...wake up!
Hopefully each of you will soon be on the receiving end of a TC inspector intent on showing you the power that he/she holds.

If you finally become a victim of abuse of power, I hope you really get the shaft and lose big time
...just like you were eh?? It's pretty sad that you hope that aviators on this site will get screwed by TC just so they can see this industry through your $hit colored glasses!
---------- ADS -----------

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

Probably because there are very few EMB-110 operators in Canada
Besides the ex-Skyward aircraft, there are 11 other EMB-110 aircraft in commercial operation in Canada. All the bandits in Canada are roughly the same age. I wonder why the other operators aren't buying them for parts?
and they are very very high time.
So they are not only un-airworthy. They are old.

It will be interesting to see what White Industries is going to do with them. It would also be interesting to see what they paid for them.

Ranger
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ranger »

CID...i'll end the suspense for you...the bandits will be scrapped for the most part...maybe some parts taken off and sold.....and they paid very little for them, one was already scrapped and the others needed a lot of TLC. But I guarantee you they were safe airplanes, flown by good pilots that I would have no problem sending any family member of mine flying on. Why do you continue to slam Skywards airplanes?? Have you ever been on one? flown one? I have gone flying in almost all of them and have never felt unsafe...infact i flew one last week. If anyone wants an "off the record" chat with an ex-Skyward employee PM me and i can verify everything we did wrong AND how we got screwed over by TC.

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

Ranger,

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

The company has been gone for what about 3 months? The planes are sold and gone or almost sold and gone .. and people are still slamming the operation?

Or are these pointless post to get this thread to 30 pages?

:roll:

ice ice baby
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ice ice baby »

The company has been gone for what about 3 months? The planes are sold and gone or almost sold and gone .. and people are still slamming the operation?

Or are these pointless post to get this thread to 30 pages?

i JUST WANT TO MAKE THE 1000TH POST :!:

jabber
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jabber »

grimey wrote: So? Originally, 13 planes (out of 25) were grounded for airworthyness issues. How come none of the bandits, piston cessnas, or king airs have been sold?
I have no idea what planes were originally grounded but doing some research i have found :
3 1900ds sold all the bandits sold and one caravan sold
And all of these planes except for the caravan were sold by the owners of Skyward. Even with the caravan sale though the owners came to the reciever with an offer for it from a company and the receiver then sold it for less then the offer that the owners had received for it. SKS is now flying for Calm Air.
Rumours: Pretty fresh??
Remaining caravans have offers pending on them also found by the owners
Trying to keep the conquests for some sort of operation.
Trying to keep the King Airs for something.
As for all the piston planes I have heard absolutely nothing about them but hear they are all very high time ie. INR SRL GMO
So looks like the owners have sold most of the planes that they have wanted to sell and are now trying to keep the ones that they still want.
And looks like the receiver still has no clue what they are doing just like the auction.
Oh and the reason no one bought the bandits to fly was because they had 28k to 24k hours on them and at 30k hours they need a spar strap and then there lifetime in canada is 40k hours from what I hear.

bandaid
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by bandaid »

maybe if we ignore it, it will go away :roll: .

wha happen
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by wha happen »

cant you as as moderator close this thread. Please

Its the way she goes boys, its the way she goes.

Lets sacrifice him to the crops.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

I think this link expresses the general feeling of this thread…

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun-STFU.html

Cheers.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
centerstored
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by centerstored »

Loc,

I'd love for someone to explain how a company can blame TC for getting shut down due to horrible maintenance, $hitty management, and loss of operational control. The whole point here is that the only ones to get screwed in this deal were the poor employees of K9...and not by TC, by the owners and management who operated the company in such a way that warranted the axe to fall.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

You won't find an answer .. but good luck trying ..

Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

" ..just like you were eh?? It's pretty sad that you hope that aviators on this site will get screwed by TC just so they can see this industry through your $hit colored glasses! "

Centerstored....

I am in a hotel in Southern Poland and just making a fast check of the site...

I do not have time to explain all the bcakground to my position regarding TC....

...but when I get the time I will hopefully explain where you are off track regarding my background and the reason I feel as I do about TC....

...You of course are entiteled to your own opinions, but it is quite possible that you do not really understand what really goes on in the background within the structure of TC....

...If you really did know you would not be making such unfounded statements as the above...

So until later, I have to catch a train to Berlin to continue sight seeing for another week or so until we get a new engine for the Cat...

Hopefully you and I will find common ground someday.

Cat

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
Skipper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Skipper »

I once drove for Skyward and was there to witness the end. Too bad really.

We had some "Goodtimes" didn't we?

Livin' the dream...

Go Guns
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Go Guns »

CID
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CID »

At least one of the badits left Winnipeg on a flat bed truck to its new owner in Missouri. At least it was "roadworthy."

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

will a mod just please delete this topic, its old already. nothing new will come of it

Sulako
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Sulako »

I know it's been beaten to death several times, so I'll retire it, but if there is a great protest it will be reopened.

Return to “General Comments”