Whitehorse

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, sky's the limit, sepia, I WAS Birddog

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Whitehorse

Post by ragbagflyer »

Ok, let's try and fix some of the misinformation.
just curious wrote: Try the Tat Hot Springs.
It's the Takhini Hot springs, head a few km up the North Klondike highway and you'll find the turnoff.
canpilot wrote:herm,

Georgio's is pretty good! Also, there is some place down on main i think that has ribs, steak and salmon that a damn good.. or so I hear...

I think I've heard that the edgewater has some good eats.. ..? Dunno about that tho
Yes Georgio's is good. The other place you're talking about is the Klondike Rib and Salmon bbq on the corner of 4th and Steele. It's awesome food but it's only open for the summer so i doubt that it's open yet.

Joe's free pour is no more, and the cat under the glass at the Capital is no longer there.

There is VERY little going on in Faro.
All Sides wrote:Whitehorse has a $43,000,000 Canada Games Center worth checking out. (Thanks Canada) The Gold Rush (Best Western) has good live bands on Fri/Sat night usually blues bands, and a great Mexican restaurant called Cantina's. Good drives are Atlin or Skagway or out to Haines Junction.
Yeah the Canada Games Centre is top notch. Gold Rush does indeed often have some good blues. The Mexican Restaurant is called Sanchez Cantina. It's authentic mexican, very tasty. There's also Sam and Andy's if you want a more tex mex style.

longjon wrote:
There were no Tim's then and last count there are 3.
Is it to late in the season to go Dog Sledding?
Be sure to drive up Grey Mountain and hike the canyon.
There's two Tim Hortons, two Starbucks... but my favorite coffee shop is Baked Cafe at corner of 1st and Main. If it's nice out you can sit out front and get the mid day sun. Too late for dog sledding and skiing unless you are geared up for back country. Canyon on Grey Mountain?
longjon wrote:Name comes from the rapids in Miles Canyon. The spray was like the mane of a White Horse.
Close, but the name actually came from the Whitehorse rapids which were below miles canyon. The hydo damn wiped out most of them though.

Definitely check out the Transportation museum if you can, but it is closed to the public in the winter too.
---------- ADS -----------

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
sky's the limit
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by sky's the limit »

ragbagflyer wrote: There's two Tim Hortons, two Starbucks... but my favorite coffee shop is Baked Cafe at corner of 1st and Main.

Baked is great, but if you go with Ragbag, bring your wallet...... :wink:

stl

ragbagflyer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ragbagflyer »

That's cold!

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." - Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes)
Fatass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Fatass »

The drive to Braeburn Lodge is worth doing once. They claim the worlds largest cinamon buns. I think they are up to $8 a piece now. It's about 1 hour north of town and would tie in good with a hot springs trip.
Or, you could rent a sled and hit the hills with some of us locals. But, then you wouldn't want to leave. :D

HS-748 2A
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by HS-748 2A »

Fatass wrote: Or, you could rent a sled and hit the hills with some of us locals. But, then you wouldn't want to leave. :D
If you go sledding with Fatass, bring some extra gas so he can't pull that "oh, we're out of gas and only have one sleepingbag routeen." :lol:

The fastest way to turn money into smoke and noise..
Fatass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Fatass »

Come on HS, just cause it worked on you twice, you don't have to tell everyone.

HS-748 2A
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by HS-748 2A »

I don't know why I fell for it the second time.

The fastest way to turn money into smoke and noise..
Rudder Bug
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Rudder Bug »

Fatass wrote:The drive to Braeburn Lodge is worth doing once. They claim the worlds largest cinamon buns. I think they are up to $8 a piece now. It's about 1 hour north of town and would tie in good with a hot springs trip.
Yes indeed! Here's one sitting on the floor between a Dodge Caravan front seats:

Flying an aircraft and building a guitar are two things that are easy to do bad and difficult to do right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd_QppdGks
Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Could always do a trip to Dawson!! It's worth seeing. Don't know why I didn't think of that sooner.

Kind of a lot to cram into 3 days, though.

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
canpilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by canpilot »

Don't forget Sam' N Andy's.. if you like Mexican.. what ever happened to the Chilli they used to serve.. WTF

swordfish
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by swordfish »

sky's the limit said:
Baked is great, but if you go with Ragbag, bring your wallet...... :wink:
Well from the knowledge he seems to have about the place it might be a worthwhile investment. However, if he's (she?) with AirNorth, let him pay....I hear they make a fortune there... :-)

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Yeah right... lol

Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
Upsidedown_Again
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Upsidedown_Again »

Dawson is a great trip, but is anything open yet at this time of year?

Flybabe
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Flybabe »

Yup - Dawson is worth seeing regardless, though.

- Amelia Earhart

Return to “General Comments”